Page 81 of 191 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Haha! Color is an interesting organization category. I feel like the slight OCD in me wouldn't be able to handle the various publisher logos mismatched. Post dem pics!!
    I'm gonna when I get some stuff back that I lent to people. I certainly try to group the books from the same publisher, especially the ones with uniform logos (Marvel) but when you look at your shelf as a whole colour hits you first and the logos are secondary.

I divide my shells firstly between Marvel, DC, other publishers & omnibus. Within those sections I have characters/teams/books together. For example my Batman shelf contains all Batman related stuff including Batwoman etc. My Marvel shelf includes all my X-Men stuff, all the Inhuman stuff etc. Other publishers is where I keep my Spawn, Hellboy etc.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

How do you guys organize your stuff on the shelves? I'm looking to switch it up a little bit lol
    Shelves:
    • X-Men Omnibuses Chronological
    • X-Men TPB's in chronological order (but without breaking up runs/series)
    • X-Men Solo titles (alphabetical) & Secondary x-titles (chronological)
    • Normal Omnibuses & X-Men OHC - I keep Cosmic omnibuses and X-Men OHCs chronological and the rest alphabetical
    • Cosmic marvel TPB's all chronological
    • Ultimate universe all chronological, other elseworld books like 1602 and Earth X.
    • Other Marvel titles all alphabetical up until Marvel Now and then all those TPB's are chronological.
    • Image/Other publishers, no order here at all I mostly just put them by colour or what matches
    • DC omnibuses - I order them by publisher (Vertigo then DC) and then alphabetical.
    • DC/Vertigo TPBs - no order
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 06-10-2015 at 06:45 AM.

How do you guys organize your stuff on the shelves? I'm looking to switch it up a little bit lol
    I have 4 book cases. They are (basically) as follows:

1. Batman/Superman
    2. all other DC
    3. Marvel
    4. independent

Case #1 is three shelves:
    One is all Batman softcovers, in rough chronological order (up to Flashpoint).
    The next is Elseworlds stories, followed by Batman related titles (Nightwing, Harley Quinn, Gotham Central etc)
    followed by all Batman and Batman related standard-sized Hardcovers.
    Shelf three is all Superman and Superman related books (Legion, Superboy, Supergirl etc).
    All DC-related prose novels sit on top of this case.

Case #2 is five shelves:
    This one starts with all New 52 books, divided by the color coordinated spines -
    Blue, red, green, yellow, dark red, then grey, organized by title and rough chronological order, with HC+ SC mixed.
    The rest of the shelves descend as - DCU related events, team books, Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, other solo books, with HC + SC mixed.
    The bottom shelf is all DC over-sized HC omnibus/deluxe books, in a rough order, followed by all Showcase Presents, also in rough order.
    DC floppies as well as a few pieces of memorabilia sit on top of this case.

Case #3 is also five shelves:
    Shelf one is All Marvel NOW books (SC + HC mixed) with all Marvel Essentials, in rough order.
    Shelf two is all over-sized HC books in rough order.
    Three is team books (X-Men, Avengers etc) in chronological order, HC + SC mixed, with event books at the end.
    Four is solo books (Captain America, Daredevil etc) in chronological order, HC + SC mixed.
    Bottom is Ultimate Universe books, divided by title and in rough chronological order, HC + SC mixed, with other alt. universe books on the end.
    Marvel floppies and memorabilia sit on top of this case.

Case #4 is four shelves (only 3 for comics):
    Top shelf is Marvel stuff I couldn't fit in the previous case (F4, Spider-Man, Thor, Iron Man etc).
    Middle is Wildstorm, Vertigo and DC/Marvel crossovers.
    Bottom is Image and Dark Horse.

I will have to take some pics soon. All in all, it's approx 1,100 graphic novels. There's definitely room to rearrange, but for now, I'm content.
    Though next time a bout of insomnia hits, I'm sure I'll start the process for the sake of killing time.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Thanks all for the responses. I'll reorganize and show you what I come up with. Y'all need to post some pics because there sounds like some of you have some seriously awesome set ups.

I have my Ultimate Spidey shelf, missing some volumes, in chronological order.
    Then I have three 616-Spidey shelves, all in chronological order, again, missing some volumes.
    Then I have a miscellaneous shelf where I put all my Marvel stuff by character, then it becomes a Batman shelf in rough chronological order.
    Right at the bottom, all the stuff I'm selling/swapping (mostly looking to upgrade it from TPB to HC).
    Then I have an Alan Moore shelf, with some mexican stuff as a bookend of sorts.
    And last but not least, my Artist Editions/Absolutes/Platadamanbranium shelf (Marvel doesn't seem to have a consistent name for its "huge book" line).

Fantastic Member

I have 44 long boxes. Down from 55 from purging crap over a year and a half. Probably more to come later in the summer. Anyway, after pulling comics for a convention trip, I've decided, super-strenght Jenga is getting #$%^ing old. I'm converting to legal filing cabinets.

One other thing is magazine storage. I do have short boxes for a full Heavy Metal run, but I don't want to stack crap again. So, any ideas on magazine storage?

A straight forward, size, publisher and then alphabetically

An updated look at my collection (though Nova vol. 3: Nova Corpse hasn't arrived yet)

and a close-up of my Marvel NOW! stuff (which is actually almost my entire collection)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jonasmarvel; 06-12-2015 at 07:14 AM.

Fantastic Member

Whatever organizing I do is based almost entirely on size and what fits where. Obviously books in a series go together, but I don't care about whether or not all Marvel is together or that sort of thing. Alphabetizing is of no consequence to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonasmarvel View Post
    An updated look at my collection (though Nova vol. 3: Nova Corpse hasn't arrived yet)

and a close-up of my Marvel NOW! stuff (which is actually almost my entire collection)
    I like how the NOW! stuff looks so consistent yet so colorful on your shelf.
    Is the GotG: Angela paperback a Belgium edition, or why is the trade design different?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Is the GotG: Angela paperback a Belgium edition, or why is the trade design different?
    I got it as a gift from someone
    It looks different because it's published by Panini and not by Marvel...
    Though I'm planning on replacing it with a standard Marvel one

I sort mine by publisher (alphabetically) and then by series (alphabetically, more or less). Although stuff like New Avengers I sort under 'a' for Avengers, after the regular Avengers stuff. Within series, I sort things by publishing date (of the original issues). I don't typically pay attention to sizes, although my Absolutes go on a separate shelf because they are too tall, and I have all my Star Wars DH omnibuses together.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    It's a Panini edition, which is the UK Marvel imprint. I find them rather ugly, the only upside they have is they're published long before the US editions TPBs are and they're slightly cheaper.

EDIT - oops beaten to it.

Since I have a Kallax I have my stuff set up by cube. My current setup (which will have to redo as I'm running out of room and will probably need a new shelf) is:

3 cubes Spider-Man as close to chronological as I can get it.
    A TMNT cube pretty much by size.
    2 Hellboy/ BPRD cubes, basically by size.
    A Deadpool cube chronologically for the most part.
    Fantasy cube (D&D, Pathfinder etc) by size then series.
    2 1/2 artbook and videogame (art of, encyclopedias, comics) cubes by size and series.
    Other half cube is filled with Image/independents.
    Valiant cube with leftover Image/independents.
    Batman cube basically by size/series. (My Batman '66 are before New52 since the "happened first" lol).
    Absolute cube.
    Bryan Lee O' Malley cube (both sets of Scott Pilgrim books etc). Basically by size.
    Basically a Library Edition cube, but also with other orphaned Omnis and HCs that don't fit anywhere else.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos