Page 88 of 191 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yeah, I think the base on the left is heavier to counter the weight.
    Then I can't wait to order the brown wolverine from sideshow. Gotta slow down with statues now lol.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Only one I ever kept is my sideshow FS battle damaged Terminator bust, I did have about 20 big uns at one point, but they took up to much room and (not knocking anyone) I felt a bit childish when I had visitors
    I kind of feel the same way, which is why I have all of my statues in my bedroom. However, my oldest son is moving out soon and and when he does, I'm going to turn his room into my mancave, with all of my bookcases, statues and art in it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I agree with this unless you have money to burn. I have statues, but not a lot. three of them are DD's, and a few others. I used to have some Hellboy statues and his giant Hand of Doom, but had to sell them when money was tight.

I don't think I could ever sell my DD statues.

I love my DD statues. Here's mine, with my favorite being the 1/4 scale, extremely LARGE DD statue:

I love this.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    It seems to me when people post their collections it seems like either all statues or all books. Are a lot of collectors exclusive for either form of collecting?
    Lol, I already told you over on StatueForum.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Lol, I already told you over on StatueForum.
    Lol this is the other side of the spectrum I wanted to ask.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

That Daredevil is fantastic very nice. Also statues are very expensive if they did not have payment plans I would not buy them.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    That Daredevil is fantastic very nice. Also statues are very expensive if they did not have payment plans I would not buy them.
    Thanks, it's too tall to sit on top of my bookcases so I had to put it on the top of my bed.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

It seems to me when people post their collections it seems like either all statues or all books. Are a lot of collectors exclusive for either form of collecting?
    I do both. Also have way too many of both! Entire line of Batman Black and White statues I'm looking at you (amongst to many others...sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    I do both. Also have way too many of both! Entire line of Batman Black and White statues I'm looking at you (amongst to many others...sigh)
    Loved the batman black and white line, think I had about the first 15 of them, with my favourite being the mignola one (which I actually got signed by him at a comic con) but ended up selling them as the took up too much space, but I did make a good profit on them

Fantastic Member

i would love to be able to afford statues but books are the obvious choice. so i only go for an occasional inexpensive action figure (not that i have time to play with them, i just like to change their poses from time to time ) of some character i absolutely love. which is why i only have the 9th and the 11th Doctor a/f, a crochet doll of the 10th Doctor (not a purchase, a friend made it for me as a birthday present), a Malcolm Reynolds plushie, a Deadpool a/f, a baby Groot bobble head and a Giles a/f. so, not even exactly all comic book characters.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i would love to be able to afford statues but books are the obvious choice. so i only go for an occasional inexpensive action figure (not that i have time to play with them, i just like to change their poses from time to time ) of some character i absolutely love. which is why i only have the 9th and the 11th Doctor a/f, a crochet doll of the 10th Doctor (not a purchase, a friend made it for me as a birthday present), a Malcolm Reynolds plushie, a Deadpool a/f, a baby Groot bobble head and a Giles a/f. so, not even exactly all comic book characters.
    Funko released not so long ago 5" Firefly figures and they look quite good. The Doctor Who thing is a menace, first I only wanted an 11th Doctor Sonic screwdriver and now I have like 25-30 figures, 4 tardises, 7 screwdrivers and a Junkyard Tardis display.
    oh and a plush dalek because...I have no reasons...
    I expect to have some Funko pop Doctors as well in the near future.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Funko released not so long ago 5" Firefly figures and they look quite good.
    yeah, i know, i wanted to get Jayne but then forgot or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    The Doctor Who thing is a menace, first I only wanted an 11th Doctor Sonic screwdriver and now I have like 25-30 figures, 4 tardises, 7 screwdrivers and a Junkyard Tardis display.
    oh and a plush dalek because...I have no reasons...
    I expect to have some Funko pop Doctors as well in the near future.
    i know right...
    i first only wanted Russell T Davies's The Writer's Tale and this huge square Tardis mug (turned out square mugs aren't really the most comfortable to drink from and one hell to clean), you know, and ended up wanting almost everything that's ever been made. but compared to you i guess i'm really keeping it in check (money being the biggest issue of course). well for now anyway. well except for maybe that War Doctor/8th Doctor anniversary action figure i've been stubbornly chasing all over the ebay, not willing to pay 30-40 bucks. if Funko does release those pop Doctors this might as well crush my resolve and all hell will break loose...

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    yeah, i know, i wanted to get Jayne but then forgot or something.

i know right...
    i first only wanted Russell T Davies's The Writer's Tale and this huge square Tardis mug (turned out square mugs aren't really the most comfortable to drink from and one hell to clean), you know, and ended up wanting almost everything that's ever been made. but compared to you i guess i'm really keeping it in check (money being the biggest issue of course). well for now anyway. well except for maybe that War Doctor/8th Doctor anniversary action figure i've been stubbornly chasing all over the ebay, not willing to pay 30-40 bucks. if Funko does release those pop Doctors this might as well crush my resolve and all hell will break loose...

love that crochet doll! You would go mad if you moved to the UK. I know because I did. Although only bought what I really wanted (aaaand some others :P ) but I was constantly monitoring ebay for stuff ( and got some reeeaalllyy freakin sweet deals).
    I think Forbidden Planet just had the War Doctor figure back in stock like a week ago. That's a really awesome figure.
    Also, try not to think about all the IDW deluxe hardcovers that went OOP... :P
    Sorry about the derail guys (bad mod! baaad mod!). Hopefully finally gonna post some pics here next week.

I love my DD statues. Here's mine, with my favorite being the 1/4 scale, extremely LARGE DD statue:

Great pictures all. I have to agree about the earlier sentiments regarding statues; when something like that is expensive enough to warrant installment payment plans, it is a luxury. Also, no offense intended but that pose of DD has me wondering about the source image. Matt has been depicted in many acrobatic poses by various artists but that one in particular resembles a rhythm gymnast more than crime fighter.

Incredible Member

I'm not into statues. Never had any desire for them. But I started out collecting toys, then moved onto books. (Sold a bunch of toys to jumpstart my book collection.) My collection is composed of hardcover books and high end Japanese toys. I prefer high end toys because a) it limits what I buy this saving space and b) they are easy to re-sell. They hold their original value 90% of the time and most go up in value quickly, especially the high end toys from Japan that have limited stock and short presale windows. I also collect the odd Lego set here and there.

I'll post my collection soon. I've been lazy about organizing it, but once I'm done I'll have photos up.