Page 90 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Latest collection pic, unfortunately this is the largest it is going to be for a while. I've decided to start selling off most of my books, eventually it will fit in one shelf.
    Awesome collection!

Your Daredevil shelf is exactly what I want mine to look like: the Miller omnis, Bendis's run in OHCs instead of omnis, Brubaker's omnis and Waid's OHCs. At the moment, the upcoming omni reprints will make me sell my Miller paperbacks. The OOP Brubaker stuff makes my goal cost-prohibitive for the time being, though.

Whole bunch of reasons, I've been thinking about it for a while now.
    I went through this back in March/April. I sold about half my collection and moved everything into new shelves in our office.

After the initial dread of parting with so many books wore off, it actually increased my enthusiasm for the hobby again. It gets to the point where you have so much more than you can ever read, and things start to feel more like an obligation than an enjoyable pastime. Slimming things down is highly recommended.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I went through this back in March/April. I sold about half my collection and moved everything into new shelves in our office.

After the initial dread of parting with so many books wore off, it actually increased my enthusiasm for the hobby again. It gets to the point where you have so much more than you can ever read, and things start to feel more like an obligation than an enjoyable pastime.
    This happened to me with my singles back in February. I had over 40 long boxes of comics and realized that there was absolutely NO WAY I'd be able to read all of those comics again in my lifetime. I decided to go through them and keep which runs I loved the most and would read over and over and get rid of the rest. I cut my collection down in half. I now have about 20 long boxes and two or three magazine boxes.

I'm tempted to buy some of Marvel's new "Epic Collection" series, but then I'd be buying the comics I just sold in singles.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

(I've been lurking around this thread for a while and I still haven't posted my collection. Not that impressive. After all my sales, MAYBE it's 60 TPBs and HCs. Maybe I'll post soon.)

I know how some of you feel, while maybe not in that scale. I don't live in the U.S. and I'm saving to go to NYCC this year, so I had to sell some of my favorite runs, the one that got me into comics in the first place, almost four years ago. So I've made myself a promise - I'll just buy the TPBs whenever I can after I get back, in case I'd ever want to read them again.
    "Para bellum. Sic vis pacem, para bellum. Every dawn, the boot camp sergeant made them recite it like a prayer. A litany. A declaration. Sic vis pacem, para bellum. The hitman's name is Billy "The Beaut" Russo. The Costas love him so dearly, they've made him fireproof. But there's fireproof and fireproof. Sic vis pacem, parabellum." -Frank "Punisher" Motherloving Castle.

Incredible Member

I call it the purge. Once a year I sell approximately 15-20 books. These are books I know I will never read again because a) they suck or b) they blow or c) they suck and blow.

All-New Member

Why would you even own books that suck or blow?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultlife2013 View Post
    Why would you even own books that suck or blow?
    I'm probably exaggerating their suckage. I just find its not enough for me to think a book is just okay in order for me to hang onto it. I'd rather make room for new things. Also, I blind buy a lot. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. But when it does, it works out really well. Some of my favourite books were blind buys

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I'm probably exaggerating their suckage. I just find its not enough for me to think a book is just okay in order for me to hang onto it. I'd rather make room for new things. Also, I blind buy a lot. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. But when it does, it works out really well. Some of my favourite books were blind buys
    Amen. I think about 25% of what I buy gets sold again later. But I buy most things used so I usually don't lose money in the process (sometimes I can even make a few bucks).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Awesome books. You should have no problem selling those Cap omnis and the Punisher OHCs , I would think.
    Cheers. I don't think I will have problems selling them either, though letting them go would be much tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I kind of hope one of the reasons isn't "I'm losing the passion for it". It always makes me kind of sad when I see that happen.
    Not particularly, though there are less books that interest me nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Awesome collection!

Your Daredevil shelf is exactly what I want mine to look like: the Miller omnis, Bendis's run in OHCs instead of omnis, Brubaker's omnis and Waid's OHCs. At the moment, the upcoming omni reprints will make me sell my Miller paperbacks. The OOP Brubaker stuff makes my goal cost-prohibitive for the time being, though.
    Cheers, the Daredevil shelf is one of my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by mdotluci View Post
    I picked up a new shelf and some new books.
    You must really like Night of the Owls!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    You must really like Night of the Owls!
    I had originally purchased tpb's of Snyder's Batman run and the tie ins. I quickly realized I liked the hardcover format much more and started upgrading. At some point I hope to trade those duplicate tpb's for some other books.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

An update on how my shelves are.
    The second larger Billy still has room.
    I need to re-organize the smaller Valiant shelf and re-group some TMNT & G.I.Joe volumes as well.
    Large Shelf.jpg
    Small shelf.jpg
    Large Shelf 2.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'll take that Conan off your hands

Latest collection pic, unfortunately this is the largest it is going to be for a while. I've decided to start selling off most of my books, eventually it will fit in one shelf.

I don't know why it keeps being uploaded sideways, its done that on three different sites now.

Bigger Pic here:
    http://imgur.com/nIr0sAs

Incredible Member

Here's my collection. I am near the end of the renovation on my home, so here's part of the den where my collection sits. I've detailed from start to finish what I did here in the Shelving and Display Advice thread, so you can check that out if you want. It details the type of materials used, etc.

That said, here are some photos. I still have to find a place for my Hot Toys Tumbler (heh!), but other than that, the comics are pretty much where I want them to be, except for some minor tweaks. (There are some books I just can't seem to organize to my liking even after switching their placement like three times. Ah, collector OCD is so much fun!)

Before:

After:

Incredible Member