Page 99 of 191 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2854
    Spectacular Member

Update on my collection. Finally gonna have to find another place to start putting my trades.

DSCN0699.jpg

(Not pictured: Ms Marvel vol 1; the entirety of Alias)

I need to do a post on here. The pictures here are so great. My collection is generally small in terms of Collections (trying to mostly buy issues these days), though I have a fun setup that I'd like to showcase.

Unfortunately, the room in which we store my comics has been largely taken over by my wife, whose workplace requires that all employees and supervisors dress up in Halloween costumes every day from late August until November 1. So a variety of Halloween items (like headbands and cat ears and angel wings and the like) sit in front of my beautiful comics.

Also, a number of my TPBs were taken off the shelf to clean up the room when we were showing our house for sale (didn't end up selling, but also didn't put everything back yet).

But I would love to showcase my system. Expect something from me in a couple of weeks!

Fantastic Member

Over the summer, I replaced my long boxes with legal file cabinets; around 45 long boxes to 6 file cabinets. It's weird having access to comics on the bottom row without playing meta-human jenga. My last "major" rehab of the man cave after shelving and cabinets and figuring what to do with nearly 300 Heavy Metal and other magazine (about six short magazine boxes).

I've contemplated half-file cabinets (I don't want to block a window) or a customized shelf and go with magazine holders.

Any suggestions?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Yes, I was thinking of begging for some scans as well. I'm just not sure what grade paper to get or how to get the dimensions right. I'm assuming I could take it to Kinkos or whatever but still no idea about what paper. Glossiness, thickness, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    I may be PM-ing you soon for scans, if you would be so kind.

Yikes! Don't do that! The UV exposure will just fade the color out, possibly leaving you with a less than desirable result. The Marvel Omnibus banner/box is a bright, 'firetruck' red. Taking the extra time in photoshop to get it right would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I need to do the same to some spines. Not as matchu as you but I have a piece of paper over daredevil 2 because the legit spine bothers me so much.
    I'm doing some scans tomorrow, so any last minute requests you've got 7 hours.

At the moment, I'm scanning 2 FF omnis by Hickman, daredevil and companion variants and alias

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Please keep me in mind for the Miller DD and Elektra variants! Thank you so much for doing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Are they all in colour, or are there black and white editions?
    Sorry, just spotted your question. Depends really, colour, black&white, it's all mixed up, depends on story and age of original material.

image.jpg
    My collection currently. Closing one house at the end of the month then I get my own room for my crap.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    image.jpg
    My collection currently. Closing one house at the end of the month then I get my own room for my crap.
    This is pretty much what my situation looks like too..moving house sucks.

All-New Member

I am planning to pick up the DD and Elektra omnis when they are re-released, and I would appreciate it if you could share those dust jackets! I hate those spines!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    image.jpg
    This is pretty much what my situation looks like too..moving house sucks.
    I'll be in this situation in about 1.5yrs, give or take. The wife and I knew when she moved into my house that it would be temporary.
    It'd be nice to have enough of those sturdy IST boxes to pack my books in but since that won't be the case....what type container have others used for moving their HC/Omni collections when house moving?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll be in this situation in about 1.5yrs, give or take. The wife and I knew when she moved into my house that it would be temporary.
    It'd be nice to have enough of those sturdy IST boxes to pack my books in but since that won't be the case....what type container have others used for moving their HC/Omni collections when house moving?
    I just used smaller boxes and tried to fit everything in so that it can't move too much. The only books I put in my IST boxes with foam that I've saved have been my bigger books like Marvel omnibuses since I figure all the other ones I suspect will survive since they're made better. I'm afraid to even throw my Big Damn Sin City in a box so I'm just going to have it sit in the passenger seat with me lol. It helps I'm only moving everything about 30 minutes south though.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

BANNED

These are not all of my trades... i have alot more actually but they are not at my reach right now.
    12181866_10204958437255914_2051484621_n.jpg
    Last edited by Batarang; 10-22-2015 at 04:06 AM.

Amazing Member

Hello,

Love the collections I've been seeing. This is such a great hobby. Now that I'm moved in and finally have a big shelf (Ikea Kallax) to hold my collection I would like to share it with you guys...

IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg