Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hawkman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I never read this mini-series. Was it any good?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I thought Johns had set Hawkman up fine in his run and had finally undone most of the mess that Zero Hour created and really built a solid foundation they could build upon again...
    But wasn't Johns the one who took the reincarnation idea and stretched it out more?
    I thought original Golden Age Hawkman and Hawkgirl only had the one reincarnation from Egypt to the (then) "present day" of 1940.
    Wasn't Johns the one who threw in all the other past lives like Silent Knight and Nighthawk & Cinnamon? (Mind you, Nighthawk had previously been killed off in Crisis on Infinite Earths.)

And had somebody else decided to link Nighthawk and Cinnamon together as a couple prior to Geoff Johns?

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Here's an outrageous idea. Give Bendis a crack at Hawkman. *runs for cover*

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    Here's an outrageous idea. Give Bendis a crack at Hawkman. *runs for cover*
    Let's not, and better yet, let's never-ever-ever even suggest such a thing again.

Anyway, I wonder if we'll learn more when the April 2018 solicitations come out as to if/when a new Hawkman series is anywhere on the horizon?

Or do people think it won't be until at least sometime this coming summer before we'll hear more?

Has anybody heard anything further on if/when that new Hawkman series is expected to begin?

Or do you think that won't be discussed until sometime after Dark Nights: Metal #6 is released in March?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I never read this mini-series. Was it any good?

Peace
    Shadow War of Hawkman? I really enjoyed it.

Let's not, and better yet, let's never-ever-ever even suggest such a thing again.

Anyway, I wonder if we'll learn more when the April 2018 solicitations come out as to if/when a new Hawkman series is anywhere on the horizon?

Or do people think it won't be until at least sometime this coming summer before we'll hear more?
    Bendis will write Superman instead.

But wasn't Johns the one who took the reincarnation idea and stretched it out more?
    I thought original Golden Age Hawkman and Hawkgirl only had the one reincarnation from Egypt to the (then) "present day" of 1940.
    Wasn't Johns the one who threw in all the other past lives like Silent Knight and Nighthawk & Cinnamon? (Mind you, Nighthawk had previously been killed off in Crisis on Infinite Earths.)
    A bit late to the party here, but no, Johns wasn't the first to link the Knight and Nighthawk to Hawkman, that was John Ostrander in Hawkman vol. 3 #27.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    A bit late to the party here, but no, Johns wasn't the first to link the Knight and Nighthawk to Hawkman, that was John Ostrander in Hawkman vol. 3 #27.
    Do you mean Hawkworld #27...?

Unless Ostrander came back, but I thought Messner-Loebs took over by that point in the series.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

They should drop the entire Egyptian and reincarnation nonsense and go pure Thanagarian background for Hawkman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    They should drop the entire Egyptian and reincarnation nonsense and go pure Thanagarian background for Hawkman.
    I agree with this 100%!
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I disagree with both of you and think they should just give up on the space cop angle and stick with the Egyptian reincarnation angle. The space cop angle just does not sell.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Do you mean Hawkworld #27...?

Unless Ostrander came back, but I thought Messner-Loebs took over by that point in the series.
    You're right, it was Bill Loebs. For some reason, Ostrander was sticking out in my mind hardcore. I guess becaue it had to do with the Hawkgod stuff from around Zero Hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I disagree with both of you and think they should just give up on the space cop angle and stick with the Egyptian reincarnation angle. The space cop angle just does not sell.
    Keeping the Egyptian mythos in the story adds legitimacy to Hawkman being a person of color. If DC goes with the Thangarian angle, they could change the "space cop" concept to a soldier/military back drop.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I agree with this 100%!
    Agreed and agreed. But I feel both can be around without ripping out Thanagar and Katar's personality/attributes/etc and putting it in Carter Hall like Johns did (or killing Katar off). Carter should be more in line with Egyptian mythology and have his original persona and Katar should have Thanagar and his personality.

But for main Hawk? Yes to the one that's been around for decades and the most prominent one in other media (and yes to Shayera...PLEASE tell me she never worked out in Justice League).
    Last edited by C-Dot; 03-01-2018 at 08:12 PM.