Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hawkman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I never read this mini-series. Was it any good?

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Shadow War of Hawkman? I really enjoyed it.
    So did I; it's my favorite Hawk story. I especially liked learning about Shayera's spiritual side.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Has anybody heard anything further on if/when that new Hawkman series is expected to begin?

Or do you think that won't be discussed until sometime after Dark Nights: Metal #6 is released in March?

Discount Comic Book Services lists Hawkman #1 & #2 in their April preorders; so they should come in June.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just recently purchased nu52 era Savage Hawkman tpbs vol.1&2 up for $7 total. Hawkman is one of those characters on the fringe of my interests given time and money. For the price I couldn't resist getting both volumes since it completes the titles run.

What is the feeling on the book by those who are closer to the character?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just recently purchased nu52 era Savage Hawkman tpbs vol.1&2 up for $7 total. Hawkman is one of those characters on the fringe of my interests given time and money. For the price I couldn't resist getting both volumes since it completes the titles run.

Honestly, I liked it. It's not great, but it's not bad, either. If nothing else, the characterization is pretty good, if not the execution.

The series itself, though, starts off better than it finishes, but I actually think Liefeld was closer to writing an out-and-out good series than Daniel was. Although, to be fair, I'll add that Daniel was obviously pulled from the title prematurely, so who knows how it might have turned out? I myself would've liked to have seen his overarching plan for the series. What I mean by that is there are a lot of not-so-subtle hints about Hawkman's backstory early on that are never truly fleshed out. Liefeld does eventually tell Hawkman's "new" (now "defunct") backstory in detail, but there are a lot of lingering plot holes that I think Daniel probably had worked out in his head but never got to write.

Anyhoo, I think you'll like it. It's not high art by any stretch, but if you like dumb fun comics with good art and action, you'll probably enjoy it.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Overall it was a frustrating disappointment.

That said, I actually liked Liefeld's work better than Daniel's. Probably the first and last time I'll ever utter those words...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to digging into it in a few weeks time permitting.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime