Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where do you buy your Omnibus’

I see Amazon and IST mentioned a lot. Where do you get yours? I’ve only bought thru Amazon with no bad experiences at all. IST almost seems too good to be true. Thoughts?

Incredible Member

IST is all it seems to be. Can't say enough good stuff about them, awesome discounts and stellar customer service. Returns for damages or defects are hassle free and their packing is bomb proof. They are the only place I buy from unless I find an oop book out in the wild.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I see Amazon and IST mentioned a lot. Where do you get yours? I’ve only bought thru Amazon with no bad experiences at all. IST almost seems too good to be true. Thoughts?
    why is IST too good to be true? they have the best prices with the best packaging and great customer service. Amazon has more books in stock tho but just have to keep an eye on IST or message customer services.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    why is IST too good to be true? they have the best prices with the best packaging and great customer service. Amazon has more books in stock tho but just have to keep an eye on IST or message customer services.
    I’ve never used IST. I said it seems too good to be true. I’m very cautious about buying online. If it seems to good to be true, it usually is in my experience. I just set up an account with IST, and will start browsing around.

I second this IST is always good love the way they pack and have never had any issues with them. Plus depending on how often you buy you get new books for 52% off cover price.

Incredible Member

I would only order from IST if I lived in the states. If you want guaranteed damage free books order from them.

All-New Member

Discount Comic Book Service if I want to preorder a variant omnibus. In Stock Trades for day-of-release omnibus.

I’ve never used IST. I said it seems too good to be true. I’m very cautious about buying online. If it seems to good to be true, it usually is in my experience. I just set up an account with IST, and will start browsing around.
    I understand your doubt but there is really nothing to fear, even if something comes damaged(which is quite rare) or anything happens they are really good with resolving it. I truly envy people living in the US because of IST, there is nothing even remotely similar in the UK or Europe with a quality service/price ratio like that.

I understand your doubt but there is really nothing to fear, even if something comes damaged(which is quite rare) or anything happens they are really good with resolving it. I truly envy people living in the US because of IST, there is nothing even remotely similar in the UK or Europe with a quality service/price ratio like that.
    I was going to post something similar to this. It really winds me up that in the US they can (on some occasions) get 2 big books for the price of what we might pay for 1. I could have doubled the size of my collection if I lived in the US!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I was going to post something similar to this. It really winds me up that in the US they can (on some occasions) get 2 big books for the price of what we might pay for 1. I could have doubled the size of my collection if I lived in the US!
    What sort of rubs me the wrong way is when people over on the FB group start freaking out if IST doesn't ship their package within a couple of hours or they have to wait more than 3 days to arrive. Even one of the admins who lives in the UK (and I think a member here too although not sure how frequent he is) made a post to stop people doing these posts because from our perspective they are REALLY spoiled with IST and then some of them go mental over the mildest of inconveniences, meanwhile over here we pay 20%-30% more for a copy that most likely will arrive banged up and that's just the UK, people in mainland Europe or further away like in Australia have even less options and worse deals.

I totally appreciate the IST envy, I really don't think a lot of people understand how lucky they are with it!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Just a very quick comparison I've just done, the Daredevil by Brubaker Volume 1 omnibus is £57.50 at Reed Comics. That's where I buy my omnibus' from because their packaging is really good and their prices are reasonable, for the UK. The same book on IST is £37.80 (after exchanging dollars to pounds). That's a £20 difference! I can't do any more comparing because it will really get me down lol.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 11-21-2017 at 04:43 AM.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I compared the 3 Uncanny X-Men omnis, and even with Amazon Prime (free shipping), IST is WAY cheaper. Looks like I’ll be going with IST.

Mighty Member

I compared the 3 Uncanny X-Men omnis, and even with Amazon Prime (free shipping), IST is WAY cheaper. Looks like I’ll be going with IST.
    CheapGraphicNovels (CGN) is a decent alternative in the US if IST is out of stock on something. Although there have been some bad stories, I personally haven't had a problem with them. I would also check on Amazon marketplace for them, as I've found single books cheaper from them than on their own site

Fantastic Member

Up here in Canada it’s pretty much Amazon only. I occasionally order from Indigo but only rarely.