Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I absolutely echo Balakin's and FluffySheep's comments re: prices and in particular how certain US individuals whine about the delivery time. I used to shop around the amazon.co.uk marketplace and wait for deals from 2 online Polish comics retailers multiversum.pl and atomcomics.pl

I now predominantly order Omnibuses from IST and bite the bullet regarding the shipping to Poland, reminding myself of all the previous fantastic deals and glitches I found.

I can not fault IST. Best packing and best customer service I have ever experienced. The bees knees!

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    CheapGraphicNovels (CGN) is a decent alternative in the US if IST is out of stock on something. Although there have been some bad stories, I personally haven't had a problem with them. I would also check on Amazon marketplace for them, as I've found single books cheaper from them than on their own site
    Lots of people use CGN but I've seen here some stories abut really bad encounters with their costumer service from the unlucky few it happened to. I think 2nd line g tries to be very cautious with his spendings (totally understandable, these books are pricey) so I would stick to IST unless CGN is really your best option.
    Although if you go with them through Amazon they should cover any losses you have.

Incredible Member

While I love IST and would order from them every time if I could, I've had pretty good luck recently with Amazon. Really, it's about a 90-95% mostly great experience when I order from other sellers (Amazon, Indigo). It is just an annoyance to spend a lot of money and get damaged books in any way at any time. Ordering from IST removes that headache for the most part.

InStockTrades is the BEST!!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll be shocked if 75% of the replies aren't IST.
    Their packaging is superb EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
    The two times I've had to return a book it wasn't due to a packing/shipping mishap. The book was flawed on the interior. Came from the factory messed up and IST customer service team with Emily took care of the matter.

You order from Amazon, or B&N because you are gambling on some coupon event or price mix-up. That's when I order there. Then I pray to the book gods.
    Books are packaged so poorly there that 1/2 the time or better you have to request a replacement and then pray all over again.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

As a Canadian, most of my orders are from Amazon.ca or Chapters Indigo, and I always wait until I get at least 25% off their price (which is already 25% off to begin with). I did buy 6 books from B&N recently when they had a B2G1 deal. I have had no issues with any of my purchases, though I'm beginning to think I must have lower standards then a lot of the people on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    What sort of rubs me the wrong way is when people over on the FB group start freaking out if IST doesn't ship their package within a couple of hours or they have to wait more than 3 days to arrive.
    Lol, to think IST orders take a month or more to arrive at my home - they'd have a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Lots of people use CGN but I've seen here some stories abut really bad encounters with their costumer service from the unlucky few it happened to. I think 2nd line g tries to be very cautious with his spendings (totally understandable, these books are pricey) so I would stick to IST unless CGN is really your best option.
    Although if you go with them through Amazon they should cover any losses you have.
    You nailed it. Limited $ for comics so I don’t want crappy products or a scam site, which I know IST isn’t after seeing all the responses here

Incredible Member

My LCS always has their entire Marvel/DC books 40% off which I like as I can actually inspect the merchandise in person, only on the rare occasion do I order off Amazon because of a sale or gift card but I've been lucky the books I've ordered arrived unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Lol, to think IST orders take a month or more to arrive at my home - they'd have a fit.
    only reason I'm not ordering from them, I just can't wait a whole month

Spectacular Member

If you compare Booksetc to IST, prices are not too different; between £4-£8 difference mostly. Generally happy with the Omnibus' I have ordered from them, and probably the best priced site for UK buyers.

I also use Alibris a fair bit. No problems with packing, but usually a fair few nicks/creases on some of the ones I ordered from Indoo. They seem to have a large inventory of stock, so I guess these books are slightly damaged because of how they are stored.

Incredible Member

I live in Canada so while I have the high shipping costs, I don't have to deal with long shipping times. I got my last package in under a week I think after the order was processed. Waiting a month would be tough!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    If you compare Booksetc to IST, prices are not too different; between £4-£8 difference mostly. Generally happy with the Omnibus' I have ordered from them, and probably the best priced site for UK buyers.

I also use Alibris a fair bit. No problems with packing, but usually a fair few nicks/creases on some of the ones I ordered from Indoo. They seem to have a large inventory of stock, so I guess these books are slightly damaged because of how they are stored.
    I ordered several Omnibuses from Indoobestseller through abebooks.com and abebooks.co.uk when they sent me 10% discount coupons. I did notice, however, that even though they were sealed, they came with a few nicks similar to your experience. Almost as if they dealt with "seconds", similar to a TK Maxx. I refrained from using them a year or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I live in Canada so while I have the high shipping costs, I don't have to deal with long shipping times. I got my last package in under a week I think after the order was processed. Waiting a month would be tough!
    It's not so bad when you have an incredibly long reading pile The longest I've had to wait for an IST order was 42 days. However, saying that, I've been pleasantly surprised several times with some orders taking less than 20 days, the record being 15 days. Very strange as to the variations in time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I ordered several Omnibuses from Indoobestseller through abebooks.com and abebooks.co.uk when they sent me 10% discount coupons. I did notice, however, that even though they were sealed, they came with a few nicks similar to your experience. Almost as if they dealt with "seconds", similar to a TK Maxx. I refrained from using them a year or so ago.

It's not so bad when you have an incredibly long reading pile The longest I've had to wait for an IST order was 42 days. However, saying that, I've been pleasantly surprised several times with some orders taking less than 20 days, the record being 15 days. Very strange as to the variations in time.
    Good point! I have a large backlog. If I waited until I needed something to read before I ordered anything, loads of Omnibus' would be out of print by the time I wanted them!

All-New Member

Here in Brazil we don't have many options. If we don't buy on Amazon at cover price we have to pay 2 or 3 times that price. International shipping rates are really expensive, so it's not an option. This week I was really lucky and got to pay only 30 dollar for WW vol 2 by Perez.