Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I don't know how to feel about this... at BEST I can imagine it being like that short lived adult cartoon Stripperella...

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Not really, this site doesn't like her
    But the world loves her it will attract viewers
    I like her, she’s a bit overexposed. But I like her

The queen of Gotham is still the Cat though.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    The queen of Gotham is still the Cat though.
    To be fair, I'm not expecting Harley to have much success in her attempts to become "Queen" .

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Adult cartoon LOL, that makes me laugh and oh she's breaking away from the Joker, that phrase is already a broken record at this point.
    I can't endure it anymore, they say the same thing each time like it's a new thing and then of course everything goes back to normal or it didn't make sense in first place.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Definitely looking forward to this, hopefully it wont feature the joker at all and concentrate on her life post joker. But given that the most likely audience is fans of SS that is unlikely.
    Of course it will feature the Joker it's always that way and it will be like that forever especially now that Suicide Squad is so popular.

Harley is the Queen. Selina is widely known but she ain't got nothing on Harley right now I'm looking forward to the series I love Harley

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrill View Post
    Of course it will feature the Joker it's always that way and it will be like that forever especially now that Suicide Squad is so popular.
    I hope so. They seem keen on pushing her as an independent. I love her either way.

Adult cartoon LOL, that makes me laugh and oh she's breaking away from the Joker, that phrase is already a broken record at this point.
    I do find it kind of funny that DC keeps trying to push Harley like that even when Margot Robbie, the big hit of Suicide Squad, embraced her Mad Love for Joker characterization .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrill View Post
    I can't endure it anymore, they say the same thing each time like it's a new thing and then of course everything goes back to normal or it didn't make sense in first place.
    Because she cant exist without him. She can be popular and in a million different projects but her gimmick, narrative etc are entirely dependant on her. Its like trying to get Batman to break up with the death of his parents and his roots that were based on pulp characters like Shadow,Zorro etc. You'd end up with another character entirely. DC actually created a character called Harlequin back in the 40's. Jewelee existed for decades before Harley. The only difference Joker himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Not really, this site doesn't like her
    But the world loves her it will attract viewers
    Interesting how the hate for Harley increased when she separated herself from the Joker and began to make moves on her own.
    I mean she was sort of doing that before but it was always treated as unimportant and just a period that she will get over before running back to him. People on this site liked her like that but when she began to outpace other female characters and DC began to cash in on her popularity then her "freedom" was viewed as a negative and all her appearances became "annoying".

Not that I mind her increased visibility. Harley is probably my favorite character in Gotham after Batman but it is interesting how you can sort of go from fan favorite to hated.
    Harley is probably the image you'll see when you look at the trope for "Its popular now it sucks"

If the series began with a montage of Harley's past with Joker, and showing her leaving him for good, I think that would be a good way to start while also acknowledging her past origins.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do find it kind of funny that DC keeps trying to push Harley like that even when Margot Robbie, the big hit of Suicide Squad, embraced her Mad Love for Joker characterization .
    maybe the publicity got confused cause they change the perspective of their relationship so often

Amazing Member

Because she cant exist without him. She can be popular and in a million different projects but her gimmick, narrative etc are entirely dependant on her. Its like trying to get Batman to break up with the death of his parents and his roots that were based on pulp characters like Shadow,Zorro etc. You'd end up with another character entirely. DC actually created a character called Harlequin back in the 40's. Jewelee existed for decades before Harley. The only difference Joker himself.
    eh, well, I was saying that cause the "strong and independent" business is really tiresome, she's always going to be with Joker cause that's the premise of the character so the pseudo plot of "she left him for good" is very foolish. Although I don't think that character created by DC were anything like Harley and what made Harley popular was the great writing she had in the animated series and then the advantage of being the most popular villain's girlfriend but I don't think she could have got to be Joker's girlfriend without the writing supported it in first place
    Last edited by Mithrill; 11-21-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Jewelee also was in Rebirth Batman too I wish we could see more of her from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Interesting how the hate for Harley increased when she separated herself from the Joker and began to make moves on her own.
    I mean she was sort of doing that before but it was always treated as unimportant and just a period that she will get over before running back to him. People on this site liked her like that but when she began to outpace other female characters and DC began to cash in on her popularity then her "freedom" was viewed as a negative and all her appearances became "annoying".

Not that I mind her increased visibility. Harley is probably my favorite character in Gotham after Batman but it is interesting how you can sort of go from fan favorite to hated.
    Harley is probably the image you'll see when you look at the trope for "Its popular now it sucks"
    No, I think Harley is extremely popular still; both with mainstream and casual fans. And she is still a huge fan favorite for cosplay.