Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Harley is the Queen. Selina is widely known but she ain't got nothing on Harley right now I'm looking forward to the series I love Harley
    I think characters like Catwoman, Lois Lane and Wonder Woman are cemented in iconic pop culture. They are fine.

Whereas Harley Quinn is extremely popular right now. She is the "it" girl.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-- Why? I don't understand why this character keeps getting so much more than others who just linger in limbo? Why not a new Superman animated series or JSA or TT or Doom Patrol?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Interesting how the hate for Harley increased when she separated herself from the Joker and began to make moves on her own.
    I mean she was sort of doing that before but it was always treated as unimportant and just a period that she will get over before running back to him. People on this site liked her like that but when she began to outpace other female characters and DC began to cash in on her popularity then her "freedom" was viewed as a negative and all her appearances became "annoying".

Not that I mind her increased visibility. Harley is probably my favorite character in Gotham after Batman but it is interesting how you can sort of go from fan favorite to hated.
    Harley is probably the image you'll see when you look at the trope for "Its popular now it sucks"
    I hate Harley being away from Joker because I don't like anything about her character. I find her annoying and unbearable the only version I like of her is her early appearances as Joker's sidekick in the animated series.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-- Why? I don't understand why this character keeps getting so much more than others who just linger in limbo? Why not a new Superman animated series or JSA or TT or Doom Patrol?
    TTG is still like 40% of Cartoon Network's schedule. Plus Young Justice season 3 should be coming sometime in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I think characters like Catwoman, Lois Lane and Wonder Woman are cemented in iconic pop culture. They are fine.

Yeah, Harley is popular because she is funny/DC’s Deadpool. But Catwoman is still queen.

Superman is more iconic than Batman doesn't stop Batman being the King. Pretty sure that folks at a tie said the same about Batman.
    Lois rules Metropolis and Diana rules the DCU.

Don't know what you mean by they are fine

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Yeah, Harley is popular because she is funny/DC’s Deadpool. But Catwoman is still queen.
    When DC calls her their 4th pillar regardless of what fans might like to believe that's them telling you how important she is. It doesn't matter why she is popular the point is she's popular. That's why she's getting the Batman treatment.

Superman is more iconic than Batman doesn't stop Batman being the King. Pretty sure that folks at a tie said the same about Batman.
    Lois rules Metropolis and Diana rules the DCU.

Don't know what you mean by they are fine
    I didn't mean anything negative. I just meant that Catwoman doesn't need to have anything on Harley Quinn. Her status as being iconic is cemented.

There is room for all of them

When DC calls her their 4th pillar regardless of what fans might like to believe that's them telling you how important she is. It doesn't matter why she is popular the point is she's popular. That's why she's getting the Batman treatment.
    Yes she is getting the Batman treatment. We all know this, ha ha!

Other characters have gotten this treatment as well. It's all good. We like Harley. We know she is super popular

Again, there is room for all of these ladies to co-exist!

Selina and Diana will always have an edge over Harley as they are their "own" thing. Harley, even when she breaks away from The Joker, has his branding (as YouTuber Grace Randolph put it).

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Adult cartoon LOL, that makes me laugh and oh she's breaking away from the Joker, that phrase is already a broken record at this point.
    what's funny about adult cartoons?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Selina and Diana will always have an edge over Harley as they are their "own" thing. Harley, even when she breaks away from The Joker, has his branding (as YouTuber Grace Randolph put it).
    Yeah so many people associate her with The Joker that it's hard to break her from that. But what did bother me from the article was that it said the "break out" star.

Um, know, she's been around for 25 years, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    TTG is still like 40% of Cartoon Network's schedule. Plus Young Justice season 3 should be coming sometime in 2018.
    TTG does not count, that's for kids not for fans.

Yeah so many people associate her with The Joker that it's hard to break her from that. But what did bother me from the article was that it said the "break out" star.

Um, know, she's been around for 25 years, LOL!
    I think they meant outside of the comic book/animation fandoms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wafle View Post
    what's funny about adult cartoons?
    Maybe I'm old fashioned but which adult wants an adult cartoon? now I'm not saying adults cant or dont watch cartoons but those toons tend to fall in to the definition of family friendly toons which both kids and adults can enjoy. Making it an adult cartoon pretty much guarantees that no kids will be allowed near it and adults have so many choices that I struggle to imagine them signing up to a paid streaming service just to watch a cartoon.