Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Unless ofcourse they're die hard fans who grew up with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Maybe I'm old fashioned but which adult wants an adult cartoon? now I'm not saying adults cant or dont watch cartoons but those toons tend to fall in to the definition of family friendly toons which both kids and adults can enjoy. Making it an adult cartoon pretty much guarantees that no kids will be allowed near it and adults have so many choices that I struggle to imagine them signing up to a paid streaming service just to watch a cartoon.
    The likes of Robot Chicken, Sausage Party and Archer have been very popular. Robot Chicken even uses DC characters from time to time so it's nothing new here. The kids will get Young Justice and Titans anyway, though some if not most will probably be allowed to watch Harley Quinn.

BANNED

Yeah but they have to pay for it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The likes of Robot Chicken, Sausage Party and Archer have been very popular. Robot Chicken even uses DC characters from time to time so it's nothing new here. The kids will get Young Justice and Titans anyway, though some if not most will probably be allowed to watch Harley Quinn.
    And for the kids don't forget that Harley Quinn is one of the main characters in DC Super Hero Girls and gets the same billing and screen time on that as other top characters like Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and Supergirl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    And for the kids don't forget that Harley Quinn is one of the main characters in DC Super Hero Girls and gets the same billing and screen time on that as other top characters like Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and Supergirl.
    Except this is an "adult cartoon", heck I do think it should be kid friendly and in the vein of SHG, it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I didn't mean anything negative. I just meant that Catwoman doesn't need to have anything on Harley Quinn. Her status as being iconic is cemented.

There is room for all of them
    It is cemented Selina is Iconic just like Superman is the most iconic superhero it doesn't take away from the fact that Spiderman and batman are the worlds most popular hero.

She us not as widely known but she is the queen and I think it's disrespectful when people try to down play her success. Yes fame is fleeting and she might be the most popular or DC's 4th pillar forever but that's an achievement few DC characters can claim. One two of those you mentioned after how many year in publication certainly can't.

There is room for everyone though some will have to settle for supporting roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It always comes full circle, ad if I get to see her kick his butt I'm cool

Its about time dc start making animated series based on there comics

Straight up adaptations, just like animal-manga
    Now gives us Grayson/agent 37 animated
    Yes Yes yes to Agent 37

Mighty Member

My problem with it being an animated western adult comedy is the fact that they all tend to be written crude, raunchy, and crass just for the sole purpose of being crude, raunchy, and crass. With the modern Harley, I'm expecting a LOT of sex jokes. I'm hoping that I am proven wrong...

ETA: You know, as much flack Beware the Batman got when it was on (I'll even admit even I didn't watch the entire show until it was dead and gone), they've put their stamp on Magpie to the point that everyone has been using that show's re-design for her... So congrats to them.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 11-22-2017 at 10:00 AM.

I don't think Young Justice and Titans are going to be aimed at kids.

So far it seems like all the original content for this service is directed towards older fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    My problem with it being an animated western adult comedy is the fact that they all tend to be written crude, raunchy, and crass just for the sole purpose of being crude, raunchy, and crass. With the modern Harley, I'm expecting a LOT of sex jokes. I'm hoping that I am proven wrong...
    I think there will probably be some of that, but I hope they don't go overboard with it (like Batman and Harley Quinn).

ETA: You know, as much flack Beware the Batman got when it was on (I'll even admit even I didn't watch the entire show until it was dead and gone), they've put their stamp on Magpie to the point that everyone has been using that show's re-design for her... So congrats to them.
    Agreed .

Spectacular Member

suicide squad please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Young Justice and Titans are going to be aimed at kids.
    I dunno, if I were a kid, I know I would have adored Young Justice just the way it is. To early to say the same for Titans but kid me would have eaten up anything featuring BB as well. I think Teen Titans Go! is lowering most people's expectations of what kids enjoy. I mean, Avatar: The Last Airbender wasn't that old and it was a rage with kids despite its complex themes.

None of those shows are being aimed at kids imo
    I mean YJ is a world apart from Teen Titans Go
    Still both shows are DC animated shows that are typically make or break on whether toys or kids are interested.

Titans is probably not being made with kids in mind either

So an Adult Harley Quinn cartoon is probably going for the Archer,South Park or Family Guy audience. Her brand of humor lately tends to skew that way

I dunno, if I were a kid, I know I would have adored Young Justice just the way it is. To early to say the same for Titans but kid me would have eaten up anything featuring BB as well. I think Teen Titans Go! is lowering most people's expectations of what kids enjoy. I mean, Avatar: The Last Airbender wasn't that old and it was a rage with kids despite its complex themes.
    Same here, but I think with the topics and the tone the show is moving towards for season 3, I think it's going to be much more appropriate for the older audience and fans who watched and kept Young Justice alive then it will be for kids, even if it probably won't be meant exclusively for adults.

I imagine Titans will probably be going for the same age-range as the other CW shows, so late teens, early 20's. Though maybe kids can get into it.

Depends what one means by kids my 10 yr old cousin loves YJ and SHG

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same here, but I think with the topics and the tone the show is moving towards for season 3, I think it's going to be much more appropriate for the older audience and fans who watched and kept Young Justice alive then it will be for kids, even if it probably won't be meant exclusively for adults.

I imagine Titans will probably be going for the same age-range as the other CW shows, so late teens, early 20's. Though maybe kids can get into it.
    I get your point but... being little older than a toddler when BTAS, X-Men and 90's Spider-Man first aired, I wouldn't say those shows were "more aimed at kids" than Young Justice either. Or more correctly, YJ isn't more "older skewing" than those shows. While Season 3 may be aimed at a tween/teen crowd, it would still be pretty easy for kids to get into it. I don't know, maybe it's a subjective thing but as a kid I preferred watching teenage or adult heroes as opposed to kid heroes with more "kiddie" themes.