Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Didn't you just post this on Movie Chat? lol

As much as I love the dceu movies I'm wondering if we need to pack it in they just can't compete with marvel I mean the movies make money and I'm sure jl is going to turn a profet they just don't make marvel money the way marvel can the reviewers and general public just seem to prefer marvel style movies that's not a knock to the marvel movies I do love a lot if them I just don't whant a DC movie like smhc Ironman 3 or gog vol 2 and unfortunately that's what the majority whant in a cbm. # sad day for dceu fans.

Not interested in an SS movie, as I think the concept was put across and there is no need to repeat it. The team didn't have much chemistry at all. But I would like to see something like Gotham City Sirens happen.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

I liked SUICIDE SQUAD better than most, but mainly for featuring so many DC characters that I never thought I'd see in a major motion picture; however, it never gave the actual concept of the "Suicide Squad" a chance. That idea would make a good movie and that's why I'd be down for another kick at the cat--if they're really going to send the cat on a suicide mission this time. If they're just going to repeat the same formula from the first one, with the same characters, then I'd rather they didn't.

They should continue with a sequel because (1) money and (2) they'd make good - expendable - cannon fodder when the DCEU big bad makes his appearance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Alice In Wonderland made money too. Look at what happened to the sequel.
    SS made way more money than X-Men Apocalypse and that is getting a sequel. Mad Max Fury Road made way less than Apocalypse yet is getting a sequel. Not a huge fan of SS but that deserves a sequel. It will be interesting to see how it does with all the negative press DCEU is getting.

They need to fight Leto's Joker, so it will happen.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    SS made way more money than X-Men Apocalypse and that is getting a sequel. Mad Max Fury Road made way less than Apocalypse yet is getting a sequel. Not a huge fan of SS but that deserves a sequel. It will be interesting to see how it does with all the negative press DCEU is getting.
    Difference is both of those movies weren’t Razzie winners or even made it on the shortlist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Difference is both of those movies weren’t Razzie winners or even made it on the shortlist.
    I don't seriously believe the Razzie list is any influence at all over such decisions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It made money. So the logical thing to do is not cancel it but rather try and fix what didn't work last time.
    You're always a special kind of crazy, Xpac, you know that? Using logic and reason, mature points, little to no inflammatory language, why are you even online?

If I run WB and look at the success of the movie, I greenlight a sequel right away. Even with Rotten Tomatoes and bad word of mouth the movie made tons of money. It was basically negativity and critic teflon. This is something every studio wish they could have for any movie. that is why they keep doing Transformers sequels.

But I have the feeling it won't get made cause as we have seen in the past, some Studios care about perception. That is why Sony rebooted Spidey even though their movies made money. And SS did not have a good perception as far as the quality of the movie. And really what the unwhelming box office of JL has shown is that too much negativity can hurt you down the line. And that maybe SS was a one off and that SS 2 could bomb.

Furthermore I think that if they do Joker/Harley, then it would be the thing that officially KO SS 2.