Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Default Do you think Suicide Squad 2 is going to be cancelled?

After JL I think they know that it’s not a good idea to make a follow-up to a Razzie award winning film.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 11-21-2017 at 06:41 AM.

It made money. So the logical thing to do is not cancel it but rather try and fix what didn't work last time.

Fantastic Member

I hope not, I want more will Smith dead shot. Maybe they can do assault on arkham this time around to keep them "ground level".. and use JGL as night wing instead of "where the dam exit!?" Bat-fleck

Retired

The big box office argues that they should make another one. But if the name is really tarnished, they could just use more of the same villains and call it something else, like ROGUES GALLERY (which everyone on the internet would call "Rouges Gallery," because they can't spell or type).

Astonishing Member

No they shouldn't. SS made money and defied all the odds with bad reviews. What WB shouldn't do is take too much time to put it out. I find WB's lack of direction horrible. They are trying to do too many projects at once. Go with a few franchises instead of creating everything at once. But definitely SS 2 will be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    No they shouldn't. SS made money and defied all the odds with bad reviews. What WB shouldn't do is take too much time to put it out. I find WB's lack of direction horrible. They are trying to do too many projects at once . Go with a few franchises instead of creating everything at once. But definitely SS 2 will be made.
    Yet it will be another year before Aquaman comes out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yet it will be another year before Aquaman comes out.
    They wasted 2018 with only one movie. But if you look at the Wikipedia page it seems like they want to start a bunch of franchises at once. Look at the undated projects. Counting the upcoming ones that's 19. That's a lot.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It made money. So the logical thing to do is not cancel it but rather try and fix what didn't work last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    No they shouldn't. SS made money and defied all the odds with bad reviews. What WB shouldn't do is take too much time to put it out. I find WB's lack of direction horrible. They are trying to do too many projects at once. Go with a few franchises instead of creating everything at once. But definitely SS 2 will be made.
    Alice In Wonderland made money too. Look at what happened to the sequel.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Instead of a SS2 they should spin off a Harley Quinn movie. Get Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner to script it and Patty Jenkins to direct it. No freakin' slo-mo during the fight scenes. Then you'll have yourself a movie.

Suicide Squad itself was a mess. For some, an enjoyable mess. For many others, an awful mess. Me being one of those others. Too many characters that, outside of comic book fans, most people probably never heard of. Will Smith is a big name in and of himself, while many people remember Harley from the DCAU. The rest? Yeah. A big, stinking mess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    After JL I think they know that it’s not a good idea to make a follow-up to a Razzie award winning film.
    I mean I'm sure the make-up team would also love to defend their Oscar win!

In any case, Transformers got away with how many critically panned films before their last one finally faltered?

SS's problems are fixable. They've gone too far now.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Instead of a SS2 they should spin off a Harley Quinn movie. Get Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner to script it and Patty Jenkins to direct it. No freakin' slo-mo during the fight scenes. Then you'll have yourself a movie.
    They already are planning on doing a Joker & Harley movie. And apparently Gotham City Sirens is still in development with David Ayer directing. But that doesn't mean they can't also have SS2.

If it means I don't need to see the team fight Black Adam or more of Jared Leto's Joker, sure .

Retired

Every studio has a lot of movies in development but we usually don't hear about them, even though they might be reported in the trades, because they don't become click bait. WB hasn't even officially announced most of the DC movies they're developing--it's just leaks that gain legitimacy from being repeated over all media. It's the actual movies in production that count.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Every studio has a lot of movies in development but we usually don't hear about them, even though they might be reported in the trades, because they don't become click bait. WB hasn't even officially announced most of the DC movies they're developing--it's just leaks that gain legitimacy from being repeated over all media. It's the actual movies in production that count.
    It sort of makes sense that a studio would have a lot more movies planned than actually get released. Because that way if something happens to any one particular movie idea, the studio still has lots of other
    options for movies they can make. So comic books based movies shouldn't be all that different. And even with the ones that do get made, it can take years from the idea to an actual movie being released.
    There was talk about a Catwoman spin-off movie back in 1992 when Batman Returns was released. But a Catwoman movie didn't show up until 2004, 12 years later. (Yeah, it was awful, but that's not really the point)
    And movies like Superman Lives never got made. So just because a movie is planned doesn't mean it won't be years before we can see it, if we ever see it at all. I'd imagine WB has a vast list of movie ideas for
    other genre, science fiction, romantic comedies, fantasy, crime drama, war movies. We just don't pay attention to them because they don't relate to comic books. We have a sort of myopic view of the movies
    WB does.