Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

That is a Kris Anka design colored by me

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    my friend Matt Skipworth created this Jean Grey art based on a design by my friend Craig Black. I love how her X boots incorpirate into the Xfactor costume.
    That short lived costume was awesome. Nice mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Found this one albeit colorized by Marvelboy1974 guessing Anka's intentions...
    https://marvelboy1974.deviantart.com...Anka-643735170
    totally liking this one! the sash can go but otherwise great

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineandDeadpool View Post
    Found a whole bunch of unused Dave Cockrum Jean Grey costumes

Unused late 60's Jean Grey costume Attachment 59291

Unused Phoenix costumes including a early version of the White Phoenix costume Attachment 59292

Pictures taken from this site. https://uncannyxmen.net/miscellaneou...-for-the-x-men
    And more... Cockrum's costume acumen is hard to beat, even to this day.
    Re: the white costume being impractical because of printing at the time: with newsprint a white costume would have often allowed for the print from the reverse side of the page to just bleed through to the panel featuring the white costume. Thats why pure white was rarely used in the newsprint era.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With the reveal of Jean Grey's new costume for X-MEN:RED and the debate over its merits, it would be interesting to see what some of the Community's favorite looks artists have created for Jean/Marvel Girl/Phoenix over the years have been.

What do you think of the X-MEN: RED suit?
    Attachment 58093
    It's okay. The red/blue combination leaves something to be desired. I'd like to see a red/black combination like the old X-Treme X-Men costumes.

What? No X-Men: Evolution costume. I think that one should count as much as the Ultimate X-Men one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, actually, these were from the early 1970's when Cockrum was planning on transforming Jean.

The first one is awlful and he took pieces to use with his redesigned Storm.

The next one is awlful for Jean and he tweaked it and used it on Oracle, which looked fine.

The White Phoenix costume was nixed because they said readers would be able to see through the page. WT? Obviously, they never saw the white Valkyrie outfit or Moonknight costume of the same time period!
    I reiterate that the White Phoenix costume was possible back in the 1970's.