Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

i am confused about which hand Rorschach showed?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by judder64 View Post
    I have just read it. It is a good first issue that introduces a lot of questions and main points that are going to be developed throughout the series.

spoilers:
    Even though it is sold as a Watchmen sequel, I don't think that it reads and feels anything close to Moore's work, despite seeing the intention of respecting its narrative.

It is a good thing that they reveal the fact that Rorscharch is not Kovacs anymore. I wonder who he might be. My bet is on either Dreiberg or a DC character like Luthor.

I have a question about Superman's dream: is the car accident a new thing from Rebirth? Or is it something introduced in this issue?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is from the new 52, when the reboot happened, Clark's parents died in a car accident before Clark graduated high school. And after reborn, it remained in continuity.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm calling it now, the new Rorschach is related to Malcolm Long, the doctor who treated Rorschach in prison in issue #6 of Watchmen.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Probably but having read the backup material about Rorschach's Journal, I wouldnt count Kovacs out as part of this event entirely- Especially when the guy who published the Journal ended up beaten to death, The Journal went missing and the amount of references to how the REAL Rorschach would kill the Pretender and Ozymandius. Just seems like a lot of references to tell us how dead the guy is.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    spoilers:
    It is from the new 52, when the reboot happened, Clark's parents died in a car accident before Clark graduated high school. And after reborn, it remained in continuity.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks!

I have reread it, and noticed that...

spoilers:
    Rorscharch has a black hand, so it can't be neither Dreiberg nor a random dc character as I suggested. I don't know how could I miss that, to tell the truth.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by judder64 View Post
    Thanks!

I have reread it, and noticed that...

spoilers:
    Rorscharch has a black hand, so it can't be neither Dreiberg nor a random dc character as I suggested. I don't know how could I miss that, to tell the truth.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A bit far-fetched, but I would bet: 1 - A bit far-fetched, I will not look for it now, but what was the fate of Mr. Terrific on the "earth 2" book of New 52? Can there be a conection? 2 - He's a woman. Some panels show a very light-framed Rorschach, and there's no display of brute strenght by the charater through the chapter.
    end of spoilers

Good start but... 12 issues? Sheesh, we're in for a ride.
    Favorite books right now: Wonder Woman, Groo, Usagi Yojimbo, Super Sons

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Nice start. We'll see where it goes from here, but I am definitely interested.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlictsLantern View Post
    spoilers:
    A bit far-fetched, but I would bet: 1 - A bit far-fetched, I will not look for it now, but what was the fate of Mr. Terrific on the "earth 2" book of New 52? Can there be a conection? 2 - He's a woman. Some panels show a very light-framed Rorschach, and there's no display of brute strenght by the charater through the chapter.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That Mr. Terrific is the one in DC Metal event currently, so it's not him. Plus he is showing up in Terrifics.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FlictsLantern View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Now I think it should be someone from the original Watchmen comic, not from the main dc universe, because Rorscharch's new identity needs to have some dramatic weight to his legacy. Jody Garland mentioned earlier that the new character could be related to Malcolm Long, Kovacs' psychologist when he is in prison.

That would sound about right.
    end of spoilers

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    You do know that this is how most events actually start yeah?
    I disagree. In Infinite Crisis the first issue is one of the best comics ever made. Even the Countdown one shot had a brilliant plot. This one just seemed stiff.

Astonishing Member

Hardly. I like Infinite Crisis, but I would hardly consider it one of the best comics ever made.

BANNED

I'm not gonna say I think Infinite Crisis is one of the worst comics of all time, because there's only one Crisis that fits that bill, but it's still complete crap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    Even the Countdown one shot had a brilliant plot.
    The thing about Countdown to Infinite Crisis is that it's only not complete crap if you aren't aware of just how many retcons it performs, how much the retcons don't make sense, and if you didn't care about Ted Kord beforehand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    I disagree. In Infinite Crisis the first issue is one of the best comics ever made. Even the Countdown one shot had a brilliant plot. This one just seemed stiff.
    Unfortunately, it's not about you disagreeing, mine was a statement of a fact that most events dont start off at a million miles an hour. And you bring up Infinite Crisis... the worst of the big 3 Crisis and which beyond it's body count also had the least impact.

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The thing about Countdown to Infinite Crisis is that it's only not complete crap if you aren't aware of just how many retcons it performs, how much the retcons don't make sense, and if you didn't care about Ted Kord beforehand.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on this bro. I still really feel this issue for Doomsday Clock was a complete and utter false start for a story in which they said the first issue was going to blow everyone's friggin mind.. It didn't make me feel like I absolutely have to have the next issue like YESTERDAY. Countown of IC, IC, and the Final Crisis lead in prologue with Barry escaping the Speed Force did that and more for me. \

I mean, as a comic book it's fine. It's not terrible. I just don't think it set up anything very intriguing or really more or less anything we didn't already know aside from Rorschach is now a black guy who took up the mantle. Other than that everything we needed to know was honestly in the first 6 pages.

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not about you disagreeing, mine was a statement of a fact that most events dont start off at a million miles an hour. And you bring up Infinite Crisis... the worst of the big 3 Crisis and which beyond it's body count also had the least impact.
    It is not a fact. I could name several event comics that had barn burning first issues. I disagree with your notion sir. And very little impact? You can't be serious. That has to be one of the most tone deaf and ignorant statements I have ever heard on the subject of comic books. The consequences of Infinite Crisis were still being felt throughout the multiverse all the way up to the reboot in 2011. They are still being felt today even though noone can remember the event correctly in the DCU.
    Last edited by theonetruebatman; 11-22-2017 at 11:22 AM.