Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman 35 SPOILERS

I enjoyed this, but the focus was entirely on Jason. We do see Diana, but it's in the past and she has no dialogue.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I enjoyed this, but the focus was entirely on Jason. We do see Diana, but it's in the past and she has no dialogue.

Yea, I like the story but I wish it was its own book instead of taking up Wonder Woman's main title.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Yea, I like the story but I wish it was its own book instead of taking up Wonder Woman's main title.
    I would not be surprised if some day Jason had his own book, like Batgirl or Supergirl

BANNED

I'm sorry to say but Jason is a pretty bad character. I'm not even opposed to Wonder Woman having a brother or a prominent male character in this world but seriously this is the best they could do?
    I hope Darkseid eats him.

BANNED

One of the best issues of the current arc. It felt like a full issue with characterization, talking about many characters without losing the focus.

Hardcore Wonder fans will likely not enjoy a line found in the book (or maybe they will because it simbolically ties to present Jason) but I guess is the example of unaware toxic masculanity that boys sometimes exert (the Peter Pan effect in a way) without thinking on the consequences, but I liked this. All his father figures went away and never returned (but they were theremostly) whereas the mother was wholly absented. Is this the reason he shoots his agression at the one person who didn`t even knew he existed that happens to be his sister? Now I want to see where that came from and its resolution.

I`m absolutely enjoying how (little) Robinson is writting his Hercules. I always hate reading a version of the character who isn`t a super villain as unskilled and the Unbound take was every bit as skilled as a Simonson Orion or Rucka`s Wonder Woman, it was basically a super power of his with how much stunts he pulled up in the course of that run and I loved seeing a tiny display of it, coupled with sage advice but still with that hard steel edge in him.

This has to be the worst issue of Wonder Woman that I've read in a long time. Probably since Finch's run, but even there I can't pinpoint a singular issue that I just really disliked (the whole thing was a mess).

There are only a few major characters in this issue. And guess what? They're all men. Jason, of course. But Glaucus, Hercules, and the Deep Six as well. That's pretty shameful for a Wonder Woman issue.

The issue also seemed to go out of its way to show that Jason's into chicks. He could of course be bisexual though (which is what I gathered from the last issue).

In any case, Jason hasn't earned his own spotlight issue. He's done nothing to make us care about him. The exact opposite, in fact, since he is in cahoots with Grail and attacked Diana last issue. I hate to say it but even Meredith Finch did this in a more interesting way with Donna Troy, because at least she didn't suffer from the incredibly generic "long lost twin" trope.

BANNED

I think that`s part of the point and why he seemingly begrudges Diana. What doesn`t make sense yet is why he`s allying himself with Gail.

The biggest turn-off from the arc is the art inconsistancy. No bad artists but Jason so far has had like three different faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I'm sorry to say but Jason is a pretty bad character. I'm not even opposed to Wonder Woman having a brother or a prominent male character in this world but seriously this is the best they could do?
    I hope Darkseid eats him.
    He is mentioned in a future solicitation.. He canīt die now and he canīt hate his sister...

WW fans will be more happy in the next saga, with the main character as main character.. I liked Hercules role in Jason past.. For the rest, Jason as kid reminds me the current Superboy..

The Deep Six were like the kind of characters that are good for AQUAMAN VILLAINS..
    But I heard that they were related with Darkseid..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-22-2017 at 03:35 PM.

I liked the issue a lot! Learned more about Jason! He seems like a happy child! Much like Diana! Love Hercules trained him as well. Idk why some are upset that all men were shown this issue. Does gender really matter?

I was bored until the Deep Six showed up, then got all wound up for the fight, aaaaaaaaaaaand got nothing.

Did anyone else notice The Olympian looked like Achilles Warkiller?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Does gender really matter?
    If both genders were given equal treatment, sure.

But the ratio of male characters raised by male characters and trained by male characters far outweigh that of female characters raised by female characters and trained by female characters.

Not to mention the fact that Wonder Woman is the feminist comic series, so when people pick up a Wonder Woman comic they typically expect to see, I dunno... women.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

The Deep Six were like the kind of characters that are good for AQUAMAN VILLAINS..
    But I heard that they were related with Darkseid..
    They're New Gods from Apokolips, yeah.

[QUOTE=Nyssane;3255967]If both genders were given equal treatment, sure.

But the ratio of male characters raised by male characters and trained by male characters far outweigh that of female characters raised by female characters and trained by female characters.

Not to mention the fact that Wonder Woman is the feminist comic series, so when people pick up a Wonder Woman comic they typically expect to see, I dunno... women.

Wonder Woman has changed as the time has changed. Especially since now she have her first ever brother. What else would he be raised by? Men? Hippolyta wanted him to have a good man in his life. If Diana is just surrounded by women than how can she progress? Remember Diana doesn’t see gender. Just equality

I am so confused with the continuity here: why is Diana wearing the Wonder Woman New 52 armor?

Wasn't that done way with as part of Rucka's LIES arc along with whatever Jurgens has been doing in the SUPERMAN titles (which I stopped reading when The New 52 run ended).

I no longer know what survived REBIRTH and what didn't.

Does this mean Cassie Sandsmark (and Conner Kent and the gang) are still around? That Cassie is still Diana's niece?

Is Darkseid's invasion still the reason the Justice League was formed?

When/why did Diana change her armor? That is, the beginning of WONDER WOMAN REBIRTH is still continuity? She only put on the armor she wore when she left Themyscira to help her sort her memories out but at some point in her history, she switched to her New 52 armor then returned to her "original" one?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I am so confused with the continuity here: why is Diana wearing the Wonder Woman New 52 armor?

Wasn't that done way with as part of Rucka's LIES arc along with whatever Jurgens has been doing in the SUPERMAN titles (which I stopped reading when The New 52 run ended).

I no longer know what survived REBIRTH and what didn't.

Does this mean Cassie Sandsmark (and Conner Kent and the gang) are still around? That Cassie is still Diana's niece?

Is Darkseid's invasion still the reason the Justice League was formed?

When/why did Diana change her armor? That is, the beginning of WONDER WOMAN REBIRTH is still continuity? She only put on the armor she wore when she left Themyscira to help her sort her memories out but at some point in her history, she switched to her New 52 armor then returned to her "original" one?
    During the rebirth issue she took off the old 52 armor and put on the other armor she had locked away.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    During the rebirth issue she took off the old 52 armor and put on the other armor she had locked away.
    That I remember because that scene was explicitly on the page.

So everything that was published - except for her relationship with Superman, which apparently was erased from history based on what I've read in other threads here - while Diana wore her New 52 armor are intact?

ETA: I guess not everything is intact because it appears the sex pirating Amazons are gone but I'm still unclear as to what stands as current DCU continuity for Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by NYCER; 11-22-2017 at 11:14 AM.