Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    I hope this is the last book we see centered around Jubilee for a while. Te baby made her somwhat interesting when it was first introduced but now its just made her more stale. Kill the character off already. Ugh!
    How are you making so many assumptions of a book you haven't opened since issue 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    I hope this is the last book we see centered around Jubilee for a while. Te baby made her somwhat interesting when it was first introduced but now its just made her more stale. Kill the character off already. Ugh!
    It really isn't centered around her...if anyone it's centered around Quinten Quire. Jubilee shows up in one panel says "oh no the kids" hands off the baby to whatever guest star from GenX or New Mutants" and that's it. This last issue she had a bit more to do, but not much. Strain is making Jubliee a lot dumber than she's ever been and that's saying a lot. The art is horrible. It's like looking at things through a wonky magnifying glass.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It really isn't centered around her...if anyone it's centered around Quinten Quire. Jubilee shows up in one panel says "oh no the kids" hands off the baby to whatever guest star from GenX or New Mutants" and that's it. This last issue she had a bit more to do, but not much. Strain is making Jubliee a lot dumber than she's ever been and that's saying a lot. The art is horrible. It's like looking at things through a wonky magnifying glass.
    Just because the art doesn't suit you doesn't mean it's horrible. And what is Jubilee doing that makes her "dumber than she's ever been"? So far she's been kicking ass and training her students.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    No. Nothing's really changed since you dropped it.
    I couldn’t disagree more. IMO it’s steadily gotten better and better with each issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So far she's been kicking ass and training her students.
    Absolutely. And she’s shown more genuine concern for her team than team leaders in the other books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

The book is getting better by each issue for me too. This last arc is amazing, actually. Even the art is better now.

For me, since the edition focused on Eye Boy, the book started to get a lot better.

I sooooo achingly want more of Jubilee, Jono, and Monet (and cautiously Paige and Mondo lol), but I really do love what Strain is doing with her cast. I think the book is fun, has heart, has plenty of interpersonal drama without it feeling burdensome to read, and is doing what every junior team aims to do: surprising me by how much I can like newish characters as much as my classics.