Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Not really.

Nothing against Jenkins in general, but nailing a story about an amazon princess that focuses on WW1 and girl power doesn't have any real crossover with Batman, flash or green Lantern...

Aquaman, I honestly think is going to be a lost cause just from a technical point of view. Either the whole thing will be CGI or the dialogue will be questionable under the water... or all of the above. Unless it's set mostly on land then you're missing the point. I see Aquaman as being INSANELY expensive to make and a REALLY Niche audience.

I don't see anything in Jenkin's resume that screams out to me. "Perfect for Batman... or Superman or headlining the universe." I mean... with Joss Whedon I can say 'Buffy was a strong female superhero, he'd be great on Batgirl'... or 'I love his group dynamics and banter on shows like Buffy and Firefly, he'd be great on a team show like Avengers..." That doens't mean I think he'd be any good at all on a Batman show or Flash.

She may be what the DCEU needs... but one success certainly doesn't make it a sure thing.
    That's a really good point actually, WW was the safest DCEU film so far, a lot of the ground work also had already been laid out for her. And the third act of the film is what a lot of people called the "weaker" part.

Let her build her résumé and do WW2 before throwing her in the deep end. WW was a great film but not perfect, let her perfect her craft first.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I definitely think she should direct MOS2. She has made it clear that she was a huge fan of the Donner Superman -- even saying that as a child, she would pretend to be Superman.

Beyond that, I'd love to see her take a leadership role in this DC cinematic universe, going forward. I feel terrible for Snyder, but his vision for this universe just isn't working, and Patty could help right this ship...