Page 82 of 116 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1739
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The idea of multiple DC futures occurring oin different stories happening at the same time make me nervous. Especially with phrases like "not the same Kamandi". If DC wants to conving people that they are trying to settle on a continuity and whateververse structure, this kind of stuff seems counter-intuitive to that.
    Maybe Dc is low key doing away with continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Maybe Dc is low key doing away with continuity?
    I'm still thinking Scott Snyder's Justice League will lead to a new Crisis.

So after all those teases for years and years about a certain character's mystery this was their fate all along. For that level of trolling I sentence Johns to Before Watchmen status

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This was definitely the "ratchet up the tension to its breaking point while recapping the various mysteries of the plot thus far" issue. Whether or not this series is considered a success or failure depends greatly upon how well Johns manages to tie up all the various subplots into a satisfying conclusion.

I'm really hoping that Johns & Frank can pull this off. They've done some truly great work in this series, but some of it, particularly the Rorschach, Marionette & Mime origin stories seem like narrative diversions that didn't really forward the plot in any substantial way. I understand their roles in Ozymandias's scheme now, but I'm not really sure why they needed entire issues devoted to them, unless they will somehow be crucial to the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    you got me excited already....
    I got excited, too, but then I read the pages before it and now I'm just soured from the whole thing. I always knew he was forced to rewrite his script for their new narrative, and the issue just confirmed it (in my eyes). I'm mad and sad.

Extraordinary Member

Sigh

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Sigh

Nonsense like this is one of the reasons why LOSH is no longer one of DC's premier titles, just imagine not only was LOSH was of the DC titles that still sold well during Marvel's dominance during the 70s and early 80s pre-COIE but it even outsold both Superman and Batman titles at one point.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This was definitely the "ratchet up the tension to its breaking point while recapping the various mysteries of the plot thus far" issue. Whether or not this series is considered a success or failure depends greatly upon how well Johns manages to tie up all the various subplots into a satisfying conclusion.

I'm really hoping that Johns & Frank can pull this off. They've done some truly great work in this series, but some of it, particularly the Rorschach, Marionette & Mime origin stories seem like narrative diversions that didn't really forward the plot in any substantial way. I understand their roles in Ozymandias's scheme now, but I'm not really sure why they needed entire issues devoted to them, unless they will somehow be crucial to the ending.

Mime and Marionette's son being adopted by Dan and Laurie was something I saw coming a while back. I wonder if perhaps the Watchmen world isn't as doomed as everyone thought it was.

I do think they're setting up Ozymandias's plan to fail or at least not go the way he wanted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Something always leads to a new Crisis and there are a lot of possibilities right now. We have Batman Who Laughs and Dark Multiverse shenanigans(both of which I am convinced are terrible mistakes),the Perpetua storyline in JL, Doomsday Clock(which is all over the place, not sure if Superman vs Dr.Manhattan will be able to salvage things) and Wally's upcoming journey through the Multiverse.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

I'm a little disappointed by this issue , Saturn Girl( And along with the Legion history) was erased, And I still don't understand what Rorschach role is in the story. I mean his story seems didn't have any use in the story. The main plot still is Superman and Manhatten confrontation. But Im really enjoying that Lex has knew manhatten existence from the very beginning idea.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    I'm a little disappointed by this issue , Saturn Girl( And along with the Legion history) was erased, And I still don't understand what Rorschach role is in the story. I mean his story seems didn't have any use in the story. The main plot still is Superman and Manhatten confrontation. But Im really enjoying that Lex has knew manhatten existence from the very beginning idea.
    Oz used Reggie Long to manipulate Mime and Marionette, but I also don't know why he was needed. Maybe it's because of his journal? He wanted someone from Superman's universe to find it or something. Maybe #12 will clear it up.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Without Rorschach you're really just following Oz, Mime, and Marionette - none of whom appear to be up to any good. Rorschach provides a certain "good guy" perspective for the Watchmen universe.

Mighty Member

The more I read this, the more I think it's just fan-fiction: "hey, what whould happen if the Watchmen fight the DC heroes ? and we can add a lot of easter eggs for the old fans of the 80's !" It's not bad, but I don"t understand why people seem to love this so much.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It totally will, Snyder has talked about doing Metal 2 after all. I expect that will be Capullo’s next project given that he reupped his exclusive contract with DC.

Spectacular Member

CBR has posted an article about Veidt's plan and why is may not succeed:https://www.cbr.com/doomsday-clock-o...tor-manhattan/

It's interesting that Imra was erased but not the Legion ring itself, that has to be significant that the Metaverse isn't going to be destroyed by Manhattan.