I know this may be an impossible request, but I'd like a thread just for the people who are actually reading Doomsday clock, rather than the people who hate the idea of it, but will read summaries of it so they can post about how awful it is.

This does not mean we can't critique or have issues with the story as it goes forwards, but I would like this particular debate of Doomsday Clock's merits be among people who are actually paying money for and have read each issue before going online to have a reasonable discussion about it.

This isn't really a big problem yet, but I strongly suspect it will become one more and more of an issue as new issues come out and the discussion will inevitably start to get bogged down by angry fans who read about what happened in Doomsday Clock, rather than the actual comic.

So, some basic ground rules.

You don't need to use spoiler tags here as long as that issue is available either online or in stores. Anything revealed by previews or rumor sites should absolutely still use spoiler tags though.

Sound good?

OK, I thought it was a nice tease to the main event. Johns & Frank are clearly taking this as seriously as they can, knowing full-well that they are really taking a giant risk with this. It's not like Before Watchmen, sales aside, is particularly well regarded by anyone, despite the talent behind it.

Mime & Marionette are nice additions to the Charlton-esque world of Watchmen. I'm glad Johns is not shying away from adding to the world, rather than just rehashing Moore's work. This very much feels like it's about today's world in the same way that Moore & Gibbon's story was about the mid-1980s. Nice to see Johns is not trying to soft-peddle the politics at all, with some decent swipes at both sides of the political spectrum.

Glad to see that Nite-Owl & Silk Spectre likely won't be playing any significant role here. I'd rather the focus be largely on the respective trinities of the DCU and Watchmen. Bringing back Roashach as a new person is a clever way of keeping the voice of that character around in a new way while also not negating the significance of his death.

It will be really interesting to see where they go from here. Very few comics feel this dangerous and risky. Johns is quite plainly putting his reputation on the line here. He's walking a tightrope here. If he %&*#s this up, he'll rightfully be a laughing stock to much of the industry. Maybe it's ego, but I am glad there's still creators working in corporate mainstream comics that are still willing to swing for the fences like this.

Let's hope it pays off.