Page 73 of 116 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1739

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    It would seem that while the Metaverse allows itself to change naturally, it reacts badly to outsiders making changes so slowly but surely fights back.
    Manhattan himself mentions that guys like The Antimonitor have cause major changes to it. It ain't natural.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    Manhattan himself mentions that guys like The Antimonitor have cause major changes to it. It ain't natural.
    There is a difference as Anti-Monitor is part of the DC Universe and Manhattan isn't.

Astonishing Member

It's odd that Manhattan refers himself as a Man of Inaction but yet he saved the Comedian, I wonder if he's trying to counteract the Universe reacting to his changes by introducing other foreign bodies like the other Watchmen characters.

I wonder what Carver Coleman's secret was? It's clear that it was enough for his mother to kill him and also ask try and blackmail him.
    I think that the secret is less relevant than Carver Coleman himself. I get the impression that Carver Coleman's death is a turning point for the DC Universe for some reason. Dr. Manhattan did mention that he was drawn to the DC Universe for reasons he couldn't understand. Maybe he was drawn to the DC Universe to save Carver Coleman from dying. Instead of doing that, he let Carver die and meddled with time.
    Last edited by king81992; 05-29-2019 at 12:24 PM.

There is a difference as Anti-Monitor is part of the DC Universe and Manhattan isn't.
    Nitpick: unless you consider the Antimatter Universe to be part of the Metaverse, the Anti-Monitor isn't part of the DC Universe either.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Superhero comics have customarily not been about, "and they lived happily ever after." They've predominantly been about, "and the adventure continues! The neverending pursuit of truth and justice."

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Exactly, but it drives me nuts when I hear "but he doesn't really change anything" lobbied at Superman because, frankly, no character can exact real change in these books by design.

It's odd that Manhattan refers himself as a Man of Inaction but yet he saved the Comedian, I wonder if he's trying to counteract the Universe reacting to his changes by introducing other foreign bodies like the other Watchmen characters.

I wonder what Carver Coleman's secret was? It's clear that it was enough for his mother to kill him and also ask try and blackmail him.
    If you read the letter from his mother in the back of the book, it explains his secret...not only had he been lying to people about where he came from, but Carver was also gay. His mother kicked him out after catching him with another boy in his room named Billy. Considering the time period, his "secret" orientation would have killed his career entirely.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

He's gay, it was in the letter at the end. It seemed pretty obvious to me since that's the main thing a big actor would hide in that time period outside of a murder/manslaughter.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

Earth 33 (we) control/influence Earth 0 somehow ( multiversity )
    Earth 33 (we) naturally shift superman, create crises, etc. ..... it is our prerrogative
    however, there is another ''us''
    Dr. Manhattan is ''us'', as we can read/live Earth 0 in any order, since comics are juxtaposed images.
    Earth Zero was unnaturally altered by ''us'''
    It is reacting.

I was shocked to see the 10h issue come out tbh, I was also surprised we got an explanation on how Doc Manhattan arrived and what he did that appears to have affected the DC multiverse.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    He's gay, it was in the letter at the end. It seemed pretty obvious to me since that's the main thing a big actor would hide in that time period outside of a murder/manslaughter.
    Thanks for pointing it out. I tried to read the letter, thinking that like Watchmen that's where some details could be gleaned, but I couldn't really make it out.

This was astonishing!

Who wrote it?

Misspelled Merrillville, guys. My neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Thanks for pointing it out. I tried to read the letter, thinking that like Watchmen that's where some details could be gleaned, but I couldn't really make it out.
    basically the letter said that the mom kicked him out of the house because he discover he was gay and when he became big and famous she came back asking for money

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe they'll have more on that in the final two issues?
    Man, I can't wait until 2020 to read issue #11
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I'm starting to think that these crazy delays are Didio intentionally sabotaging Johns so that his DCU can move on while Johns Rebirth DCU becomes less and less relevant as time moves on.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I'm starting to think that these crazy delays are Didio intentionally sabotaging Johns so that his DCU can move on while Johns Rebirth DCU becomes less and less relevant as time moves on.
    Didio secretly hates DC, i mean look at how he crucified Wally in HiC