Page 69 of 116 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1739
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I definitely think the threads woven by Manhattan go far beyond Clock. Hell, I feel like we've gotten minor references to Manhattan screwing with time in every title I read (even Morrison mentioned it in GL). But I expect Clock to largely be self-contained and stand alone, even with these connections to a larger DCU-wide narrative. I figure we might get a name drop for Jor-El and Flashpoint Batdad and whatever else (Tim Drake and Myx being imprisoned, whatever) but nothing more.

What I think will happen is we'll get a couple answers about why Manhattan has done what he's done, enough to wrap up the threads in Clock itself, but it will all spill over into a larger Crisis style line-wide Event where everything will actually be resolved and DC will "fix" its continuity by getting the missing decade back. That'll result in a reboot (soft for most characters, hard for a couple who were too damaged by the 52) and relaunch.
    I wonder if the Watchmen characters will be in the Crisis event or if Doomsday Clock will be the last time we them used for the forseeable future.

My guess is that Doomsday Clock will end with Dr. Manhattan taking the Watchmen characters back to their own universe, stopping the nukes that nearly annihilated the place, and giving them another shot at a hopeful future — but this time not based on a lie.

Meanwhile, as a parting gift to the DC Universe (and to Superman in particular), he'll restore the JSA (and, by extension, the Legion of Superheroes) as well as Jonathan and Martha Kent. That's Johns' style: he is himself an optimist, and tends to go with “the good guys triumph” endings. I'm not sold that there's going to be another Crisis; I think it's more likely that Doomsday Clock will end with a more extensive version of what Superman Reborn did.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I hope we'll get Ma Kent back, but I think Pa Kent will remain dead.

It depends on if the New Krypton saga gets restored to continuity, I think. Which, given that it was Johns' baby, may very well happen. Then again, DCU Rebirth restored Ryan Choi and Ted Kord to life with blatant disregard for the significance that their respective deaths had in the pre-Flashpoint continuity, so it won't surprise me if Johns decides to go with “Ma and Pa are alive again!” to fully satisfy the happy ending part.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I will say this,Dr. Manhattan is impressive in that he just disects every type of energy he encounters. If he tries for the source wall or even tries to unravel the spectre. That would be interesting

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    My guess is that Doomsday Clock will end with Dr. Manhattan taking the Watchmen characters back to their own universe, stopping the nukes that nearly annihilated the place, and giving them another shot at a hopeful future — but this time not based on a lie.

Meanwhile, as a parting gift to the DC Universe (and to Superman in particular), he'll restore the JSA (and, by extension, the Legion of Superheroes) as well as Jonathan and Martha Kent. That's Johns' style: he is himself an optimist, and tends to go with “the good guys triumph” endings. I'm not sold that there's going to be another Crisis; I think it's more likely that Doomsday Clock will end with a more extensive version of what Superman Reborn did.
    Given how much was seemingly changed when Dr M orginally removed the JSA, I can see their reintroduction lead to some crisis style event that’ll merge the current Rebirth timeline with the pre FB timeline to form an entirely new one (or basically Superman: reborn type of event but for the entire DCU)

Plus DC probably wants to milk the Rebirth story for all that it’s worth and I don’t see them passing up the opportunity to do another event/crossover opposed to resolving it in one stand alone series.

Spectacular Member

I know it is foolish, but I've been waiting for Beyond Tim Drake to reappear somewhere, haha. I think the intent was that Mr. Oz took him at the end of the New 52 Beyond title, but I'm fairly certain if they ever revisit it, they'll change it to something else unrelated to Rebirth... but one can hope!

As for FP Batman - has he shown up in anything outside of The Button and that one cameo at the end of The Wedding? I lost track of Batman's book and story after The Wedding.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    I know it is foolish, but I've been waiting for Beyond Tim Drake to reappear somewhere, haha. I think the intent was that Mr. Oz took him at the end of the New 52 Beyond title, but I'm fairly certain if they ever revisit it, they'll change it to something else unrelated to Rebirth... but one can hope!

As for FP Batman - has he shown up in anything outside of The Button and that one cameo at the end of The Wedding? I lost track of Batman's book and story after The Wedding.
    Is don’t think so but he’s supposed to be in king’s next Batman arc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

Yet what fate befalls on Barry Allen the Silver Age Flash, since this is partly got started because of him and his powers and how Dr. Manhattan took advantage of that situation ? Shouldn't he deserve something payback in a sense ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Yes. In Batman. There are obviously major plans for him in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    I will say this,Dr. Manhattan is impressive in that he just disects every type of energy he encounters. If he tries for the source wall or even tries to unravel the spectre. That would be interesting
    What Source Wall? lol

Actually he was shown to not be able to control the energy of the emotional spectrum, so that might come into play somehow.

Marionette and Mime have been standouts in the title for me thus far, so I’m kinda waiting for them to show up at the climax and get united with their, who IIRC got transported to the DCU years ago, so they’d be grown up by now. (Unless I making that detail up.) I’m curious what impact that “kid” will have in the story.

I kind of hope Mime and Marionette stick around in the DCU too. They’re too interesting to me to have off the table.

If they make Luthor the manipulator of everyone and everything, I’m going to let down. He’s a good villain, but hopefully it’s a bit more surprising than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    What Source Wall? lol

Actually he was shown to not be able to control the energy of the emotional spectrum, so that might come into play somehow.
    I forgot about that source wall breach. As for the emotional spectrum energy. That could be because it requires something that Dr. Manhattan doesn't have anymore that the comedian warned everyone about. Or,it could be that GJ who is writing this,and also is a big time fan of GL in general. It wouldn't be surprising that they serve a role in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Marionette and Mime have been standouts in the title for me thus far, so I’m kinda waiting for them to show up at the climax and get united with their, who IIRC got transported to the DCU years ago, so they’d be grown up by now. (Unless I making that detail up.) I’m curious what impact that “kid” will have in the story.

I kind of hope Mime and Marionette stick around in the DCU too. They’re too interesting to me to have off the table.

If they make Luthor the manipulator of everyone and everything, I’m going to let down. He’s a good villain, but hopefully it’s a bit more surprising than that.
    I don't think the kid would be Lex.

It would be somebody in D-Clock who has played a pivotal role. I'd guess Ronny Raymond or Martin Stein.

Another possibility could be Joker himself.
    Last edited by astro@work; 03-25-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Oh I love Mime and Marionette. MVP’s of the story for me so far.