Page 81 of 116 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1739

Finally coming out, wow. After all that wait, I'm still pumped to see more of it. Been a good story.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Looks like Scott Snyder clears things up with his Justice League storyline and its connections to the overall Doomsday Clock story: https://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-jus...ck-continuity/

It’s going to be some weird ending that doesn’t make sense but reboots everything

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Looks like Scott Snyder clears things up with his Justice League storyline and its connections to the overall Doomsday Clock story: https://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-jus...ck-continuity/
    The idea of multiple DC futures occurring oin different stories happening at the same time make me nervous. Especially with phrases like "not the same Kamandi". If DC wants to conving people that they are trying to settle on a continuity and whateververse structure, this kind of stuff seems counter-intuitive to that.

I'm still not convinced they're making everything up as they go along after they got fed up with Johns. They're totally rewriting stuff.

Wow, just saw the last page of the issue. It looks intense! I can hardly wait for #12 and I don't even have #11!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Wow, just saw the last page of the issue. It looks intense! I can hardly wait for #12 and I don't even have #11!
    you got me excited already....

I'm sure a lot of people will be screaming abuse to this issue, especially concerning one character's fate.

But I find it made an almost perfect case for why Doomsday Clock could never be anything else than an overblown and bloated attempt to do a Watchmen story in the DCU.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the number of characters and the simplicity (or lack, in this case) of the plot.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people will be screaming abuse to this issue, especially concerning one character's fate.

But I find it made an almost perfect case for why Doomsday Clock could never be anything else than an overblown and bloated attempt to do a Watchmen story in the DCU.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the number of characters and the simplicity (or lack, in this case) of the plot.
    All i have to say is, long live the legion!! #Justice4saturngirl. Poor clark!!oooh! The horror, his legion got erased. How can they do this?

I'm honestly wondering if Imra's fate was a last-minute change due to Bendis rebooting the Legion.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm honestly wondering if Imra's fate was a last-minute change due to Bendis rebooting the Legion.
    Well, i think it is. I think johns wanted the original legion back.

If Johns wanted this Legion, then he shouldn't have tried to ape Watchmen with three dozens more characters and subplots which went nowhere. I'm just saying.
    Last edited by Korath; 09-04-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

R.I.P Retro-Legion, DC screwed over your entire timeline....AGAIN.

Nonsense like this is one of the reasons why LOSH is no longer one of DC's premier titles, just imagine not only was LOSH was of the DC titles that still sold well during Marvel's dominance during the 70s and early 80s pre-COIE but it even outsold both Superman and Batman titles at one point.
    Last edited by BBally; 09-04-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Spectacular Member

Imra being erased was foreshadowed in Issue 9 when Ferro Lad's ring was erased as well.

It's interesting that Johnny still has the Lantern, makes me think that it's going to play a part in the final issue.
    Last edited by JonaX; 09-04-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    It’s going to be some weird ending that doesn’t make sense but reboots everything
    I used to think that Doomsday Clock would lead to a reboot or reset, but now I doubt it. There's too much happening at DC right now for them to throw everything away and most of the stuff mentioned in Doomsday Clock contradicts what's happening in current DC(Markovian Outsiders and a few other things). The ending definitely won't make sense.