Page 89 of 116 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1739

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    How do you feel about this review from CBR?

Doomsday Clock May Actually Be the Best Superhero Story Since Watchmen

https://www.cbr.com/doomsday-clock-b...tory-watchmen/
    I'd say it has the POTENTIAL to be a great story, but as many others have said, it needs to stick the landing.

There are a LOT of things that need to be resolved by story's end...and that will tell the tale.
    Honestly if issue #12 isn't an oversized issue I'll be skeptical of whether John can pull it off.
    If the resolution is:
    -See issue #1 of LSH
    -See issue #1 of JSA
    -See upcoming issues of...
    ...I'll be disappointed. One of the beauties of the original Watchmen was it was a completely self-contained story.
    So far D-Clock actually has been very self-contained which may be a great thing.

Mmm… I'm going to have to disagree about “see JSA#1/see LoSH#1/etc.” being a bad ending, depending on how it's done. I liked the way Brightest Day ended, and my single biggest complaint about it was that DC didn't follow up on any of it and instead went the N52 route. If Doomsday Clock ends in a similar way, with Jon restoring a Justice Society and Legion of Superheroes to the Metaverse's timeline, and we're them told to go to series featuring those teams to address the fallout of that change, I'll be delighted.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Mmm… I'm going to have to disagree about “see JSA#1/see LoSH#1/etc.” being a bad ending, depending on how it's done. I liked the way Brightest Day ended, and my single biggest complaint about it was that DC didn't follow up on any of it and instead went the N52 route. If Doomsday Clock ends in a similar way, with Jon restoring a Justice Society and Legion of Superheroes to the Metaverse's timeline, and we're them told to go to series featuring those teams to address the fallout of that change, I'll be delighted.
    I think we may agree more than we disagree.
    I'm okay with "see the further adventures of X, coming up in issues of X".

What I'm not ok with is "to get an actual resolution to our story thread, see issues of X".
    What I dislike is an event series that asks a bunch of questions, only to never give you answers and refer you on to the next event series to possibly get answers.

My biggest investment right now is seeing JSA and Legion back in action with (at least) an explanantion for how the JSA comes back into play. After having the JSA and Legion mostly held hostage for two years because of D-Clock, we at least deserve some resolution. But I'm totally fine with going on to read about them in their own series. And I'm okay with some broad stroke answers with details to be ironed out in a future series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The reasons why the JSA and LSH disappeared from continuity are the same. The Watchmen interfering. Now if DClock 12 brings them back, then that's OK with me. I don't need to see more than the teams appearing to complete DClock's responsibility. Now we all know that whatever JSA and LSH come back won't be the same as any that have gone before. Those factors will be covered in JSA and LSH series.

Spectacular Member

Looks like we're tentatively looking at a December release for issue 12, I wouldn't be surprised if they've gone for the week before Christmas to maximise sales and to give themselves a bit of wiggle room.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From BC:

"Today I was been told by senior DC Comics sources that if Doomsday Clock had begun publication now, it would most definitely have been a Black Label comic book. And, as a result, out of continuity.

I am told by other sources at DC Comics that it is intended that the events in Doomsday Clock will fold into the rest of the DC Universe in one way or another. But not in the way that was originally intended. Both down to the lateness and the change in Geoff Johns’ relationship with DC Comics.

But if you were looking for something that will tightly tie into where the Superman, Batman and Justice League comics will be, come December, that ship has sailed. Under a flag emblazoned with a black skull."

Full article: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...of-continuity/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    We've been told the reason they are both in the mainstream universe is linked to Doomsday Clock, and that there is relevancy to them both being the fathers of the major heroes.
    That’s not fair to Johns at all. Flashpoint Batman showing up was either King or DC editorials idea because he’s a popular character. To say his return is tied to doomsday clock is disingenious especially since he hasnt been mentioned at all in the series.

As for Oz, that one is kind of on Johns. He created the character in his Superman run that nobody remembers and then brought him back a few years later in DC Rebirth and teased he would be a big deal. Again though it seems like he gave Oz to the Superman writing team to resolve as they wanted to and hasn’t been mentioned in doomsday clock so I’m not expecting some last midnight revelation in the last issue. It would be weird at this point.

Doesn't this have to be in continuity? How else did Wally West come back?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Doesn't this have to be in continuity? How else did Wally West come back?
    I'm thinking that different continuity changes aren't all caused by the same thing. Dr Manhattan did some stuff, but the characters in the speed force as well as the Flashpoint Batman stuff may have different reasons.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From BC:

"Today I was been told by senior DC Comics sources that if Doomsday Clock had begun publication now, it would most definitely have been a Black Label comic book. And, as a result, out of continuity.

I am told by other sources at DC Comics that it is intended that the events in Doomsday Clock will fold into the rest of the DC Universe in one way or another. But not in the way that was originally intended. Both down to the lateness and the change in Geoff Johns’ relationship with DC Comics.

But if you were looking for something that will tightly tie into where the Superman, Batman and Justice League comics will be, come December, that ship has sailed. Under a flag emblazoned with a black skull."

Full article: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...of-continuity/
    That stinks .This whole thing just blows. What a major let down.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That stinks .This whole thing just blows. What a major let down.
    This feels like a total back pedal.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    This feels like a total back pedal.
    I mean, this more interesting than anything DC is doing. Who cares about ric or batjoker crap or superman being public again or another stupid crisis reboot. Sheesh! Now, i feel like we are back new52 completely.

The book has felt out of continuity to me from the start.
    I'm not surprised in the least that they can't straight up make it fit current stories.
    #EmmaWasRight

Yeah; I'm thinking that my earlier fear is coming to pass: Doomsday Clock is going to end with another Metaversal shift that takes its events or of continuity, even as it brings the Justice Society and the Legion back into continuity.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Not surprised nor particularly bummed. Frankly I was never comfortable in the first place with any one person having so much creative control verse-wide to craft a singular vision for everything on his own that everyone else had to be beholden to. Whether its Johns' singular vision or Didio's or anyone's. That's not to say I have any confidence that what's actually coming will be any more my cup of tea either, though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-15-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El