Page 93 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1739

Any news on when the last issue of this clusterf*** will be released?

December 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    December 18.
    This has been pretty steady for a while now. It's still nearly a month away, but the date seems like it's actually going to happen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This has been pretty steady for a while now. It's still nearly a month away, but the date seems like it's actually going to happen.
    Gary Frank said on Twitter they could have had it ready for late November but DC wanted it for 18th December.

BTW more new images has been released for #12 which show the Superman/Manhattan confrontation.
    https://www.cbr.com/doomsday-clock-1...tor-manhattan/

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    Gary Frank said on Twitter they could have had it ready for late November but DC wanted it for 18th December.

BTW more new images has been released for #12 which show the Superman/Manhattan confrontation.
    https://www.cbr.com/doomsday-clock-1...tor-manhattan/
    WARNING! IGNORANT SPECULATION on my part.

The HBO Watchmen first season is going nine episodes and is planned to end December 15th. Might the conclusion of the first season and the conclusion of DClock be related?

Personally, I'd love to see an actual Robert Redford cameo in the series.

BANNED

This series in keeping with the original has so far have assigned minimum roles to the female heroic characters. At least Wonder Woman got a appearance. Supergirl and Batgirl do not get any significant amount of panel time at all almost implying that these characters are barely significant and hardly any important in the grand scheme of the Ticking Clock.

BANNED

Wonder if Alfred can come back like a clone.

Spectacular Member

Do you really think Superman is going to kill Dr Manhattan? I personally do not think so, it would be a very bad way to finish the story and I don't think it solves anything

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    WARNING! IGNORANT SPECULATION on my part.

The HBO Watchmen first season is going nine episodes and is planned to end December 15th. Might the conclusion of the first season and the conclusion of DClock be related?

Personally, I'd love to see an actual Robert Redford cameo in the series.
    It’s a definite possibility. DC may have figured that the damn book is so late already, let’s push it back a month and maybe get a bump from the HBO show.

Though at this point DC has no delusions that the Doomsday Clock issues are going to be massive sellers. The delays have caused so many readers to drop off and trade wait. But being that the Watchmen brand is still so lucrative for them, they’re most likely banking that this series will be a top selling trade for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    Do you really think Superman is going to kill Dr Manhattan? I personally do not think so, it would be a very bad way to finish the story and I don't think it solves anything
    Well we’ve seen that no level of physical strength can defeat Manhattan. So Supes isn’t going to beat him with his fists. Somehow Superman will have to spark some semblance of humanity and empathy in him. So maybe Dr. Manhattan will revert back to John or just decide to cease to exist. For some reason he can’t see past their confrontation.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-23-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s a definite possibility. DC may have figured that the damn book is so late already, let’s push it back a month and maybe get a bump from the HBO show.

Though at this point DC has no delusions that the Doomsday Clock issues are going to be massive sellers. The delays have caused so many readers to drop off and trade wait. But being that the Watchmen brand is still so lucrative for them, they’re most likely banking that this series will be a top selling trade for years to come.

Well we’ve seen that no level of physical strength can defeat Manhattan. So Supes isn’t going to beat him with his fists. Somehow Superman will have to spark some semblance of humanity and empathy in him. So maybe Dr. Manhattan will revert back to John or just decide to cease to exist. For some reason he can’t see past their confrontation.
    Exactly, Doctor Manhattan is not a villain, he simply lost his humanity due to his powers, turning him cynical and desensitized towards his universe; and that is his reason for altering the history of the DC universe; he is unable to comprehend a world with a legacy of superheroes would result in a hopeful world.
    Superman, being quite the opposite of Osterman, must show him that humanity has flaws, but is not finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    Exactly, Doctor Manhattan is not a villain, he simply lost his humanity due to his powers, turning him cynical and desensitized towards his universe; and that is his reason for altering the history of the DC universe; he is unable to comprehend a world with a legacy of superheroes would result in a hopeful world.
    Superman, being quite the opposite of Osterman, must show him that humanity has flaws, but is not finished.
    I can't personally see a satysfying ending to this series.
    Both Superman killing Dr. Manhattan or 'inspiring' him to become more human or whatever would feel very trite to me.
    I don't know what would be a good ending, but neither of those two outcomes would be particularly interesting.
    #EmmaWasRight

Though at this point DC has no delusions that the Doomsday Clock issues are going to be massive sellers. The delays have caused so many readers to drop off and trade wait. But being that the Watchmen brand is still so lucrative for them, they’re most likely banking that this series will be a top selling trade for years to come..
    Didn't the latest issue in Sept sold over 100k? This is definitely massive for an event that's 2 years old now and doesn't use doezens variants like a certain company.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Yah I think Manhattan goes back to being a normal guy after this issue. Not sure how it will happen, but probably through a discussion of some sort after a token physical confrontation. Jon becoming normal seems to be another alternative Jon is not considering that would also create a darkness in his ability to see beyond.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I think Manhattan goes back to being a normal guy after this issue. Not sure how it will happen, but probably through a discussion of some sort after a token physical confrontation. Jon becoming normal seems to be another alternative Jon is not considering that would also create a darkness in his ability to see beyond.
    Jon reverting back to baseline human is probably an outcome he hasn't seen or considered. My question is, if Manhattan's future visions end at the Superman confrontation, how long has he been seeing them? Seeing the future for Jon must be a lot like commuting to work the same way and the same time every day. When you go in, you know what's ahead the entire time. Most of the time, anyway. And if Superman is the last thing he's going to see, would hanging around the DC Universe be a good idea? In the original series, Manhattan's perceptions were blocked by tachyons and Moore did a good job of working around a seeming ability to see the future. But his doesn't seem to be seem as smoothly done as the original.

Is it possible that Ozymandius has managed to pull the same stunt, and the reason why Jon can't see part his encounter with Superman is that Adrian triggers another tachyon burst as part of whatever his gambit is?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.