Page 25 of 116 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

I've only read #6 once, so I don't feel qualified to really discuss it haha. But this issue finally made me like Mime & Marionette, and I kinda hope they get to stick around. It's been a while since I read #5, but did it show how Joker got Batman away from the angry mob?

Saw a shoutout to Sanctuary, I thought that was nice.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I've only read #6 once, so I don't feel qualified to really discuss it haha. But this issue finally made me like Mime & Marionette, and I kinda hope they get to stick around. It's been a while since I read #5, but did it show how Joker got Batman away from the angry mob?

Saw a shoutout to Sanctuary, I thought that was nice.
    The Jokers goons grabbed him up and brought him to the roof. IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Jokers goons grabbed him up and brought him to the roof. IIRC
    Ah, much obliged. I really need to sit down & do a first half re-read of everything.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Spectacular Member

Well the Department of Metahuman Affairs logo certainly looks like the front of Night Owl's Owlship "Archie", eh?

An early cameo of Doctor Manhattan from the Hero Hotline limited series years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    An early cameo of Doctor Manhattan from the Hero Hotline limited series years ago.

I think that's more of an "Easter egg" as opposed to a cameoappearance.
    (After all, the character didn't actually appear in the story, did he? It's just a picture on a wall.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think that's more of an "Easter egg" as opposed to a cameoappearance.
    (After all, the character didn't actually appear in the story, did he? It's just a picture on a wall.)
    No its just an easter egg cameo unless some writer wants to pick it up saying hes been screwing around with the universe even that far back.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

No its just an easter egg cameo unless some writer wants to pick it up saying hes been screwing around with the universe even that far back.
    I would put nothing past Geoff Johns.

Who's the baby Johnny's holding? If he's the godfather, it can't be Jesse.

Any word on a Doomsday Clock trade paperback coming out?
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Any word on a Doomsday Clock trade paperback coming out?
    They may want to wait until they get closer to finish publishing the single issues before scheduling one. (Issue #12 probably won't be out until at least July 2019 at the current rate of every-other-month scheduling.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They may want to wait until they get closer to finish publishing the single issues before scheduling one. (Issue #12 probably won't be out until at least July 2019 at the current rate of every-other-month scheduling.)
    Thanks. If it's good, it will be worth the wait; if not, I'll have saved the cost of the individual issues.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

I would be surprised if DC doesn't cash in on a 6 issue Doomsday Clock Vol. 1 trade paperback, but it's also possible that Johns is insisting upon the entire story being published before it is collected. He's been very particular thus far about everything about the book, even down to the exact kind of paper being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I would be surprised if DC doesn't cash in on a 6 issue Doomsday Clock Vol. 1 trade paperback, but it's also possible that Johns is insisting upon the entire story being published before it is collected. He's been very particular thus far about everything about the book, even down to the exact kind of paper being used.
    Isn't the paper the same as was used on the original Watchmen series? I know there was considerable work done to mimic the look of the original series to the title being serialized on the inside covers.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Isn't the paper the same as was used on the original Watchmen series? I know there was considerable work done to mimic the look of the original series to the title being serialized on the inside covers.
    I don't know if it is the exact same kind of paper, but I know Johns & Frank were very specific about every conceivable detail of this book. They rightfully know that their professional reputations are on the line here if this story is a repeat of the Before Watchmen fiasco, so I don't blame them for being picky about the details.