Page 67 of 116 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1739

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Not a fan of the retcon to Firestorm's origin AT ALL!

In general, I hate the "everything you know is wrong" trope, and I also hate the retconning of the past to make it more cynical. This has both, and I hope it doesn't stick once the story is over.

This is Maxwell Lord all over again.
    I think the "cynical" turn was the whole point. When Manhattan removed the JSA, it became a more cynical world. Wally's disappearance was another indication of it - Manhattan exploring the notion of hope vs. cynicism perhaps. Will things reset when all is said and done? Will it reset with only certain heroes remembering these alternate timeline events? These are some of the big Questions....

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think the "cynical" turn was the whole point. When Manhattan removed the JSA, it became a more cynical world. Wally's disappearance was another indication of it - Manhattan exploring the notion of hope vs. cynicism perhaps. Will things reset when all is said and done? Will it reset with only certain heroes remembering these alternate timeline events? These are some of the big Questions....
    I hope so because even though Rebirth seemed to be a rebuke of the dark turn comics made after Watchmen, Johns is responsible for some dark stuff himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I hope so because even though Rebirth seemed to be a rebuke of the dark turn comics made after Watchmen, Johns is responsible for some dark stuff himself.
    Johns may be responsible. But the general consensus is that Watchmen was a primary seminal point in the history. Moore dislikes (probably a better word to use here) the fact that Watchmen (and Killing Joke) had such an effect on American comics.

I've mentioned my proposed solution to DClock and that's gotten no comments. Johnny Thunder and Thunderbolt remove the JSA from their Earth Two like world. The JSA, family, friends, and enemies all take their superheroics away and vanish leaving the Watchmen's Earth W. The end of the story is the restoration of earth Two as Manhattan realizes he and his compatriots are literary characters in a story. Chance for brilliant meta commentary on real life vs stories. Everybody smile. buy Hardcover edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    . . . If Rich Johnson's little birds are to be believed, . . .
    I'm still pissed with Rich Johnson's "sources" after that debacle where he said the Justice Society was suppose to return in 2016 or 2017 and get their own book . . .
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...tle-to-launch/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why do people want DC to try to fix continuity with yet another big event? It’s never worked before and it won’t work now. DC continuity is broken and has always been broken. It’s never going to read in a clean neat chronological line like people want. There will always be some elements of picking and choosing.
    I really, really believe the best thing DC could do is go back to the way things were before COIE. It was simple and concise. They fixed a problem that didn't exist.

Finally we get some explosive action in Doomsday Clock #9!!! Wow, wow, wow. Lots of things are coming together and quite a few surprises still in store. Take a look at what Total Geek Live thinks of the latest issue.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    I really, really believe the best thing DC could do is go back to the way things were before COIE. It was simple and concise. They fixed a problem that didn't exist.
    That would be nice. Unfortunately, I think the post-Crisis continuity, as messy as it was, has built up a lot of great lore and stories that wouldn't work either quite the same or at all if we divided things up throughout the Multiverse again. Not a lot of fans would go for it.

Personally, I'd be fine with the JSA going back to Earth-2 with the broad strokes of as much of their history as possible (Golden Age, Infinity Inc, Starman, Johns' era) being restored. The speedsters could still interact, it would just be Multiverse team ups (Barry, Wally and Bart on Earth-1, Jay, Max and Jesse on Earth-2). And I think the Marvel family loses something if they share the same Earth as the rest of the heroes. Billy and Superman are the same archetype and step on each others toes, I think having both on the same Earth is redundant. I think you could move the current Shazam series to Earth-5 with minimal impact on the narrative if it weren't for Black Adam playing a big role in the wider DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That would be nice. Unfortunately, I think the post-Crisis continuity, as messy as it was, has built up a lot of great lore and stories that wouldn't work either quite the same or at all if we divided things up throughout the Multiverse again. Not a lot of fans would go for it.

Personally, I'd be fine with the JSA going back to Earth-2 with the broad strokes of as much of their history as possible (Golden Age, Infinity Inc, Starman, Johns' era) being restored. The speedsters could still interact, it would just be Multiverse team ups (Barry, Wally and Bart on Earth-1, Jay, Max and Jesse on Earth-2). And I think the Marvel family loses something if they share the same Earth as the rest of the heroes. Billy and Superman are the same archetype and step on each others toes, I think having both on the same Earth is redundant. I think you could move the current Shazam series to Earth-5 with minimal impact on the narrative if it weren't for Black Adam playing a big role in the wider DCU.
    If we have multiple Clarks, Dianas, and Bruces on Earths One and Two, then why not multiple Adams on One and S? Granted, additional multiple copies does open a Pandora's multiverse, but it is a possible solution.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Still waiting for Rikdad's review. Granted, he's got plenty to unpack in this one.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    If we have multiple Clarks, Dianas, and Bruces on Earths One and Two, then why not multiple Adams on One and S? Granted, additional multiple copies does open a Pandora's multiverse, but it is a possible solution.
    That's an idea, and one with some set up for it. Morrison pretty much allowed for reboot Shazam on prime Earth and the classic one on Earth-5/Thunderworld. But it doesn't really solve the Clutter Earth problem of having the Marvel family on a world with a whole lot of other flying bricks and allow them to reach their full potential. In comparison, Clark, Diana and Bruce mostly exist on Earth-2 for the benefit of their legacies and don't really need much focus otherwise.

It is all admittedly pretty nitpicky on my part. And kind of moot, since Doomsday Clock doesn't seem to be heading for more Multiverse stuff.

I am more curious to see how the hell they can stop Dr. Manhattan. He disects magic and found it's origin. Makes me wonder if he can do the same to the source wall.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    I am more curious to see how the hell they can stop Dr. Manhattan. He disects magic and found it's origin. Makes me wonder if he can do the same to the source wall.
    Fight barbarians with barbarians. Call in Anti-Monitor, Mandrakk, Darkseid, Barbatos, Parallax, and Superboy-Prime and see what they can do.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    He was able to destroy Guy's ring but remarked that he couldn't control the energy of the emotional spectrum. Maybe that'll play a role somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Fight barbarians with barbarians. Call in Anti-Monitor, Mandrakk, Darkseid, Barbatos, Parallax, and Superboy-Prime and see what they can do.

Lol! I don't think any of those are really accessible except maybe the Anti-Monitor. He seems to like to slum around alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    He was able to destroy Guy's ring but remarked that he couldn't control the energy of the emotional spectrum. Maybe that'll play a role somehow?
    Well it is Geoff Johns and we know how much he loves the Green Lanterns. So yah I think thats a distinct possibility
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm still pissed with Rich Johnson's "sources" after that debacle where he said the Justice Society was suppose to return in 2016 or 2017 and get their own book . . .
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...tle-to-launch/
    Wasn't the rumor that they were courting Hickman to do it but he signed with Marvel and the book got torpedoed because of it?