Page 18 of 116 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Being that Captain Atom is one of the few Justice Leaguers that has government ties, it just makes sense to me that he created The Supermen Theory. I'm not one to be bothered by continuity.....however I'm having a hard time figuring out where this fits.

Examples: They keep mentioning Outsiders but they don't even exist as a team yet. Louise Lincoln but no Caitlin Snow. Batman's costume, etc.

Maybe Geoff wants it vague for now. So i should probably suck it up and enjoy the ride. The story is damn good, regardless of it's lateness. What I'm curious about the most is Geoff's endgame. What does he hope to achieve with this story? The JSA teasing is driving me crazy.

Sidenote: It would nice to have some of those foreign superheroes appear in other books, if not their own. They all look and sound awesome. And give Firestorm a book for godsakes.
    Last edited by Raijin; 05-30-2018 at 11:13 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

It's 8 months to a year in the future, Cosmic Black. That's why it's not the same as other books.

Between this and Mister Miracle, Dc is putting some truly special comics on the stands. This was such an incredible issue, full of really interesting characters moments, while still moving the story forward. Johns is doing some of his best work here. It may really be his magnum opus. And Frank's art is on another level, really. We already knew how well they worked together, but this is such an unforgettable ride. I'm glad to be part of it.

There are a lot of sub stories, and each one is equally interesting. I can't wait for next issue. and I'm sure it will be even better in trade. When you have some really juvenile stuff on the stands, it feels good to have such a great story.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

This book is the only one worth reading and re-reading at the moment.
    The wait has been repaid.

Fantastic Member

I do wonder who Johns will pull to be the Leaguer creating metahumans, and whether it will simply be that character or if that character will be the identity assumed by Dr. Manhattan. Other than Batman (unless his role is a misdirection), and probably Superman unless that's supposed to be part of the ending, it could be anyone. Captain Atom feels a bit too on the nose, but maybe that would be the gimmick - a reverse Armageddon, if you will.

I'm also now wondering which, if any, of the main threads is the red herring. If we're truly following the Watchmen path, a major part of the story is just a setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    What happened to Jason?
    Jason's still part of the team. Just now depowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It's 8 months to a year in the future, Cosmic Black. That's why it's not the same as other books.
    I'm wondering if Doomsday Clock #12 will have been released a year from now . . .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    I do wonder who Johns will pull to be the Leaguer creating metahumans, and whether it will simply be that character or if that character will be the identity assumed by Dr. Manhattan. Other than Batman (unless his role is a misdirection), and probably Superman unless that's supposed to be part of the ending, it could be anyone. Captain Atom feels a bit too on the nose, but maybe that would be the gimmick - a reverse Armageddon, if you will.

I'm also now wondering which, if any, of the main threads is the red herring. If we're truly following the Watchmen path, a major part of the story is just a setup.
    If i know Luthor, he'll try to convince Lois that Superman helped the DAM with Kryptonian tecnology to create other people strong as him because he felt boredof being the only super person on the planet, since people seems to still trust him. So he'll leave Earth (like Manhattan) and Lex will be free to continue whatever plan he is on ( like Veidt)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm wondering if Doomsday Clock #12 will have been released a year from now . . .
    No, you're not. You're just continuing to post here to bash the series after OP asked you so many times, so politely, to please take that stuff to another thread. Also, you forgot your weird habit of always referring to the series as "Doomsday Cluck."

You're a great poster on this board but I think you're out of line continuing to post in Bored at 3 a.m.'s thread when they've asked you so many times in so many ways to cut it out.

I may have caught something (probably imagining things) in the back matter. The issue of Trouble Alert in the back matter was addressed to the nursing home Johnny Thunder's been staying in and the address is 1940 Second Ave.

We all know by now nothing is an accident in this incredibly well thought out series. 1940 is an easy reference to JSA/Johnny Thunder's first appearance. But what could be meant by Second Avenue? Could it be a reference to a second earth? I really, really hope so.

Until I'm proven wrong I'm choosing to read that address as Earth Two, 1940. I know it's a stretch but my eyes lit up at the mention of "Second Avenue" next to "1940."

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post

This is also too on-the-nose but if Dr. Manhattan DID assume an identity in the DCU it would make a lot of sense for that identity to be Captain Atom, the character Dr. Manhattan was based on.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    This is also too on-the-nose but if Dr. Manhattan DID assume an identity in the DCU it would make a lot of sense for that identity to be Captain Atom, the character Dr. Manhattan was based on.
    But then again, since Captain Atom was originally suppose to be Monarch for Armageddon 2001 (but DC switched to Hank Hall at the last minute because word had leaked out much earlier), they may not want to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But then again, since Captain Atom was originally suppose to be Monarch for Armageddon 2001 (but DC switched to Hank Hall at the last minute because word had leaked out much earlier), they may not want to go that route.

Do you imagine that happening today?? LOL.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    No, you're not. You're just continuing to post here to bash the series after OP asked you so many times, so politely, to please take that stuff to another thread. Also, you forgot your weird habit of always referring to the series as "Doomsday Cluck."

You're a great poster on this board but I think you're out of line continuing to post in Bored at 3 a.m.'s thread when they've asked you so many times in so many ways to cut it out.
    Just leave him be. If he doesn't have the common courtesy to respect the intent of this thread, that's his choice and says far more about who he is than anything he posts. I would rather just move on and talk about Doomsday Clock with other readers.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    Jason's still part of the team. Just now depowered.
    Well, I suppose that's better than killing him off and leaves the door open for something new to be done with him later on, perhaps in a new identity.