Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I see Manhattan has been taking a leaf from Martian manhunters book if he has impersonated firestorm for a specific period of time. remember bloodwynd this series is starting to seem like a attempt to get the 'DC Universe: Decisions' series done right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Isuue 9 had slipped from the 23rd of January to the 30th. Now it has slipped a further week to February 6th.
    Make that Feb 13 2019
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/doomsday-clock-2017/doomsday-clock-9

By the way, here are the Previewsworld links if you want to check back yourself later on when issues #9 and #10 are due out:
    NOTE:
    Issue #10 is still listed as available with "On Sale Date: Mar 27 2019", but who knows how likely that is at this point!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I can't say I am surprised by the latest delay. Unfortunately, the long wait is only fueling the problems already inherent in the story Johns & Frank are telling. I'm planning on a re-read of all the issues so far in the next couple weeks. I'll be curious to see how it holds up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I can't say I am surprised by the latest delay. Unfortunately, the long wait is only fueling the problems already inherent in the story Johns & Frank are telling. I'm planning on a re-read of all the issues so far in the next couple weeks. I'll be curious to see how it holds up.
    I did that before the ast issue came out and actually thought they held up really well (it might be one of those series that reads better in trades much like WATCHMEN did!). Welcome back btw Bored.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I did that before the ast issue came out and actually thought they held up really well (it might be one of those series that reads better in trades much like WATCHMEN did!). Welcome back btw Bored.
    Thanks!

Anything in particular that worked better for you the second time around?

Incredible Member

Thanks!

Anything in particular that worked better for you the second time around?
    The material in the back of the issues particulary spring to mind other then that its ust the over-all pacing that worked better

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Make that Feb 13 2019
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/doomsday-clock-2017/doomsday-clock-9

By the way, here are the Previewsworld links if you want to check back yourself later on when issues #9 and #10 are due out:
    NOTE:
    Issue #10 is still listed as available with "On Sale Date: Mar 27 2019", but who knows how likely that is at this point!
    To add to confusion, Diamond's Shipping Update page today lists issue 9 as coming out on the 6th of Feb even though the book's individual page says the 13th. I'd probably guess the 13th, but would not lay any of my money down on that.

https://www.previewsworld.com/ShippingUpdates

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    To add to confusion, Diamond's Shipping Update page today lists issue 9 as coming out on the 6th of Feb even though the book's individual page says the 13th. I'd probably guess the 13th, but would not lay any of my money down on that.

Diamond may not be able to keep up with all the one-week bumps DC is making to the availability date!

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Kind of saw this coming when the previous issue slipped, so not really a surprise...
    (but the glacial publishing pace is still killing me!)
    Many very reasonable complaints about delays. They're driving me up a wall too.

A reminder though... Somewhat similar delays happened with Moore/Gibbons Watchmen as it came out in single issues. Folks don't much remember that in retrospect because the book reads so well as a whole and that's how most readers have first experienced it.

Hoping (and trusting) the same will be so of Doomsday Clock when it's done. It's been tough to read it at a "glacial pace," I agree, but it's still been pretty darn great. I don't want to wait until Feb. 13 to read the next issue which seems full of much promise but I'd rather read great issues that are extremely delayed than only okay issues that meet their publishing schedule.

I've said before I work in theatre and I've delayed the openings of plays more than a few times because I realized they could be made to be much better with time. It doesn't look good to the public as it's happening but our audiences don't remember the delays in the long run. When we're able to make them great by delaying them and having to exchange/refund tickets, it's the quality that's remembered, not the schedule.

Again, that was the case with Watchmen and I hope it will be the same with Doomsday Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

A reminder though... Somewhat similar delays happened with Moore/Gibbons Watchmen as it came out in single issues. Folks don't much remember that in retrospect because the book reads so well as a whole and that's how most readers have first experienced it.

Hoping (and trusting) the same will be so of Doomsday Clock when it's done. It's been tough to read it at a "glacial pace," I agree, but it's still been pretty darn great. I don't want to wait until Feb. 13 to read the next issue which seems full of much promise but I'd rather read great issues that are extremely delayed than only okay issues that meet their publishing schedule.

I've said before I work in theatre and I've delayed the openings of plays more than a few times because I realized they could be made to be much better with time. It doesn't look good to the public as it's happening but our audiences don't remember the delays in the long run. When we're able to make them great by delaying them and having to exchange/refund tickets, it's the quality that's remembered, not the schedule.

Again, that was the case with Watchmen and I hope it will be the same with Doomsday Clock.
    I would agree that I'd rather have Doomsday Clock come out late than come out every month and be underwhelming, but the delays that issues of Doomsday Clock have suffered are far more egregious than Watchmen ever had. This article details the situation pretty well:

https://www.newsarama.com/38378-how-...the-1980s.html

Plus, Watchmen had the benefit of being its own story separate from the continuity of the mainstream DCU. The status quo of the entire DCU was meant to hinge upon this series. Had Crisis on Infinite Earths been hit with delays this severe, I don't think it would be remembered as fondly and would have torpedoed DC's efforts to relaunch the Post-Crisis books.

I'm still enjoying Doomsday Clock for what it is, but this is not the same situation as the original Watchmen or even the more recent Mister Miracle by King & Gerads. Johns explicitly tied this maxi-series to the destiny of the very core of the DCU. He can't suddenly change his mind mid-way through and expect fans to treat this series as something different.

Granted, it seems that all these issues have been sorted out between Johns, Snyder, Bendis, King and the rest of the creators guiding the DCU, and they're figured out a way around the delays without messing up whatever Johns has planned.

. . . Had Crisis on Infinite Earths been hit with delays this severe, I don't think it would be remembered as fondly and would have torpedoed DC's efforts to relaunch the Post-Crisis books . . .
    Not sure if I quite agree with you there.
    For those of us who actually bought the issues of CoIE as each issue was published, the whole concept was so different from what comic books normally were I think there might have been more forgiveness.
    It was truly one of those things where we readers really had no clue how this would all end up, and there was no internet back then to "spoil" where the story was headed for.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not sure if I quite agree with you there.
    For those of us who actually bought the issues of CoIE as each issue was published, the whole concept was so different from what comic books normally were I think there might have been more forgiveness.
    It was truly one of those things where we readers really had no clue how this would all end up, and there was no internet back then to "spoil" where the story was headed for.
    You could be right, since there was no precedent for Crisis, it might have worked and perhaps led to a less chaotic Post-Crisis DCU since everyone would have been given the time to wrap up their books and relaunch at the same time as Wolfman originally intended. Not sure how the tie-ins would have worked since Crisis would have stretched out over three years.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

As someone who was buying those single issues, I found the lateness of Watchmen was a major issue (pun intended). In visiting different shops, the "we don't know about Watchmen, don't even think of asking" signs were there and the major topic at registers was the lateness. The point may very well be if it's late but good, we'll get over it. And yes, I agree. As frustrating as a late book is, once it comes out that problem is solved.

The internet, though, has allowed us to see each weekly delay in detail as opposed to a newsless wait taking months.

Usually delays in shipping were more troubling in those days, or at least felt worse. You got literally no explanation and had no way of finding one so it was tons more frustrating than now. Plus we were all pretty spoiled, too, because books had a habit of running on time. But that made late books really stand out, to my recollection. And there was always the chance that a long delay meant a book or series was actually dead.

Delays are probably more common today, too, so people are more used to it. Especially for big event stuff.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

Good thing I didn't bet. We're now at the 20th of February. I'm so glad nothing important is happening in this. lol.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV180435