Page 95 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1739

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    The fact The Comedian is alive is another factor, Manhattan clearly intervened with that event and it still hasn't been explained fully.
    There are a lot of loose threads that need to be cleaned up and I’m worried that Johns won’t be able to stick the landing. Ending stories has always been his weakness.

To be fair, 52 was done Johns-style, and involved adapting to changing conditions as the story progressed. By contrast, Countdown was done with a strict adherence to a preplanned plot. It wasn't until Countdown had completely and utterly bombed that they abandoned it. I'll take Johns' improvised endings over preplanned train wrecks any day of the week.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Spectacular Member

Preview of the final issue from CBR:

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-previe...ore-it-starts/

The title is of the issue is very interesting, the full quote is 'Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged by Man'
    Last edited by JonaX; 12-16-2019 at 09:50 AM.

maybe reading this full series will make it feel worth it but I lost interest in this book like 6 issues ago and now it just doesn't feel worth the hype it initially garnered. Gary Frank is amazing per usual, he's the one thing I genuinely and consistently find compelling about this book.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    Preview of the final issue from CBR:

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-previe...ore-it-starts/

The title is of the issue is very interesting, the full quote is 'Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged by Man'
    Is anyone going to be able to read this without comparing it to HBO's season finale? I can certainly accept DClock as being standalone and no longer an integral part of DC's continuity cleaning, but the presence of a high quality alternative Watchmen story seems to hurt any press this book gets.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Is anyone going to be able to read this without comparing it to HBO's season finale? I can certainly accept DClock as being standalone and no longer an integral part of DC's continuity cleaning, but the presence of a high quality alternative Watchmen story seems to hurt any press this book gets.
    The two can easily side by side as they’re telling two very different stories.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I doubt the two have much overlap in terms of fanbases honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There are a lot of loose threads that need to be cleaned up and I’m worried that Johns won’t be able to stick the landing. Ending stories has always been his weakness.
    This is the part I am worried about as well. There are a LOT of dangling plot points to resolve in the final issue.

Some that come to mind:
    -Fate of Johnny Thunder (he hasn't been seen in several issues now)
    -Why did Dr M bring back the Comedian?
    -Why did Dr M save Jor-El from the destruction of Krypton and set him up as Mr Oz.
    -Depending on the outcome of the Superman vs Dr M battle, will the timeline be changed as a result? (i.e. JSA back in the timeline? Undoing of any other manipulations?)
    -Undoing of the Firestorm accident in Russia? (Are those people still glass statues?)
    -The purpose behind Manhattan's meetings with the much-referenced 1950's actor guy? (I forget his name now, it's been too long).

Potentially all of these could be addressed, but I'm a little nervous. Would really like to see all these wrapped up one way or another.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'd say there's a pretty huge overlap in terms of people that have any interest at all in Watchmen. I've loved Doomsday Clock but it's a shame it couldn't have finished up before the extraordinary TV series blew it out of the water.

BANNED

Prefer Doomsday Clock.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'd say there's a pretty huge overlap in terms of people that have any interest at all in Watchmen. I've loved Doomsday Clock but it's a shame it couldn't have finished up before the extraordinary TV series blew it out of the water.
    In fairness the TV show would still have blown DC out of the water. All things considered one has to wonder if it would have been better had Johns started later and left time to allow Watchmen-Earth be reset (as is so common to the Metaverse) to the status quo at the start of the series

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    In fairness the TV show would still have blown DC out of the water. All things considered one has to wonder if it would have been better had Johns started later and left time to allow Watchmen-Earth be reset (as is so common to the Metaverse) to the status quo at the start of the series
    I agree it would still have blown it out of the water, but I can't imagine any worse timing for the comic book than this:

1. 11 issues of the comic book, over two years
    2. All 9 episodes of a vastly superior TV series, over 9 weeks
    3. The finale of the comic book only three days after the season finale of the show

Is that Azbats in that panel with the Outsiders? If so that's kinda weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I strongly believe that those reading DClock are very likely to be watching the HBO show. Now it's unlikely that a big percentage of those watching the show are reading DClock.