Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

I'd say there's a connection between Supes and Manhattan, but I would NOT say they are one and the same. That would require ignoring pretty much all of Rebirth to this point. And most of DC's history as well.

"Oh, yeah. Forgot to tell ya, Lois, I'm actually a God-like being from a universe where I was basically the only super-powered person ever. With the power to completely warp reality!"

"Oh, Bruce! Yeah, did I tell you how I'm actually a blue human with powers beyond the Fifth Dimensional Imps? That, at any point in time, I probably could have brought your parents back to life with no negative side-effects? Still besties, right?"

"Barry! You know Flashpoint? Turns out, wasn't your fault after all! I just couldn't help but screw with the hole you ripped in the space-time continuum when you tried to undo Flashpoint. Why, you ask? Oh, just a whim."

Should I go on?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'd say there's a connection between Supes and Manhattan, but I would NOT say they are one and the same. That would require ignoring pretty much all of Rebirth to this point. And most of DC's history as well.

"Oh, yeah. Forgot to tell ya, Lois, I'm actually a God-like being from a universe where I was basically the only super-powered person ever. With the power to completely warp reality!"

"Oh, Bruce! Yeah, did I tell you how I'm actually a blue human with powers beyond the Fifth Dimensional Imps? That, at any point in time, I probably could have brought your parents back to life with no negative side-effects? Still besties, right?"

"Barry! You know Flashpoint? Turns out, wasn't your fault after all! I just couldn't help but screw with the hole you ripped in the space-time continuum when you tried to undo Flashpoint. Why, you ask? Oh, just a whim."

Should I go on?
    Hey, I said it would take some creative writing on the part of Johns.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Dr Manhattan being Superman seems very unlikely given all the hints we've been given about Superman's life being manipulated by a mysterious figure who is probably Manhattan.

Wasn't Jor-El being manipulated by Manhattan iirc?

I enjoyed the issue. It was pretty good till Comedian showed up. It was going as well as it should. Rorschach being a new guy. Nite Owl and Silk Spectre 2 not returning for reasons which make sense. The story was progressing nicely. I hope he's a hallucination. A living Comedian makes it look like deaths are not permanent in Watchmen too. I really hope Johns does not make it something like Manhattan went to the past and saved him or explanations like that. It feels like a stretch just to use Comedian for future comics.

But the issue was pretty good. Am i the only one to notice the gun preserved by Batman. I thought it was no more in continuity. Its fun to imagine and at the same time it makes no sense that Bruce has the gun. How on earth were the cops going to find Joe Chill or any other guy who killed the Waynes! I find that silly. And i am on board with the giant penny, the Joker card and the dinosaur.

It was quite fun when Rorschach deduced that Batman would be cruel by looking at the trophies. I never thought of something like that before. There are two questions.
    1. How could Luthor deduce/guess the plan of Ozymandis so accurately. Its too uncanny. Almost as if he was there.
    2. So, was Watchmen's world destroyed for sure? How can Manhattan save it? That would require insane power.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Wasn't Jor-El being manipulated by Manhattan iirc?
    Yes he was. The Oz Effect stopped short of showing Manhattan directly. But hints like blue light suggests almost without a doubt that Dr. Manhattan was manipulating Jor-El after saving him from Krypton at the last minute.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-27-2017 at 11:10 PM.

I'm up for a Marionette and The Mime book or a one shot.This issue with Comedian at the end was one hell of a twist.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

I have no problem with The Comedian showing up. I'm looking forward to Batman kicking his ass.
    I want The Mime & Marionette to stick around after this series, but I suspect I'll be disappointed.
    Dr. Manhattan has been hiding on Earth Zero as the Martian Manhunter. Calling it now.

So far not bad, interested to see what is going to happen between Luthor and Veidt. Poor Batman losing his breakfast was expecting a fight, but maybe they will actually just converse.

Okay... I'm really sad, because clearly Doomsday Clock will be a big event, with a massive impact on the D.C. Universe and all... but feel nothing when I read it. like, the story is well constructed, it hold on its own foundations, but I'm not interested, nor repulsed. It's kind of... here for me, I guess. Obviously, some choices I really dislike (Lex full return to villainy will always be wasted potential to me) but it isn't even enough to make me angry or anything. I'm not even disappointed, because whatever hype I had built for it dissipated long ago. I'm happy that Metal is still going because it's a lot more to my liking but I'm fairly certain that many peoples doesn't like it... even if I wonder if there are people who are actually indifferent to Metal being a thing like I am toward Doomsday Clock so far.

But I would really like if peoples could explain to me why they are invested in the story, what they expect out of it, that kind of things. It's not me being here to troll, it's a serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    So far not bad, interested to see what is going to happen between Luthor and Veidt. Poor Batman losing his breakfast was expecting a fight, but maybe they will actually just converse.
    I'm not sure even Joker had that guts to eat Batman's breakfast! He shall rouse the Riders of Rohan to right this wrong!

ride_to_gondor.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Should I go on?
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Maybe he is posing as someone in Superman's inner circle?

Honestly, I'd say there's more chance of Manhattan posing as Jon than there is of him posing as Clark.

But, actually, I think its gonna turn out to be some innocuous supporting character. Or some never before seen guy out in the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    1. How could Luthor deduce/guess the plan of Ozymandis so accurately. Its too uncanny. Almost as if he was there.
    Adrian just told Luthor his plan off-panel and we jumped back in when Luthor was summarizing from his point of view.

Regarding the "Dr Manhattan is secretly some other DC character" theory, I've thought since the Rebirth special that since he can duplicate himself, Manhattan is actually *all* superhumans/heroes/villains - just trying to make sense of it all from all perspectives, enacting one morality play after another . It's highly unlikely this is the case, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's revealed to be multiple characters.

OR he's secretly the meta-gene itself...!

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike627 View Post
    I'm up for a Marionette and The Mime book or a one shot.This issue with Comedian at the end was one hell of a twist.
    What was the twist supposed to be? As far as I can tell that wasn't a twist at all.

Spectacular Member

I think Dr. Manhattan is hiding as Jon Jonzz ....

since Flashpoint, Martian Manhunter has been an absolute cypher .... there was that whole Stormwatch DOUBLE reboot with him involved...there had been 'death' in Final Crisis ... but he became Mars in DC One Million ...... he has been one of the most interesting non-presences in Rebirth ...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Do you all think the Flash (any/all of them) will play a significant role in DOOMSDAY CLOCK?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I hope they do. I hope all the major players get to play some role, big or small, in this series. We're getting Superman, Batman, Lex and the Joker. Seeing Barry and Thawne, especially after the Button, would be kind of logical, and since Wally was the POV character in the Rebirth issue, I would hope he would be in it too. And that alternate cover with Rorschach's masking taking the shape of the Trinity symbols is going to make me feel really ripped off if Wonder Woman and her world are neglected in this.