Page 92 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1739
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Only if his partner is Jonni DC, Continuity Cop
    I was surprised Johnny DC was not paired with Forbush Irving in Amalgamation.

I'm reading 'Doomsday Clock Volume 1' and I notice something that I didn't notice before. Ozymandias mentions that some of the heroes in the DC world are fictionalized on his world. I'm wondering those heroes are.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I'm reading 'Doomsday Clock Volume 1' and I notice something that I didn't notice before. Ozymandias mentions that some of the heroes in the DC world are fictionalized on his world. I'm wondering those heroes are.
    From my recollection, Superman and Lois Lane are specifically name-dropped (along with the Shadow) in the back material of the original series (I think in the Under the Hood parts). So there's that.

Super-hero comics were a fad that died out quickly in the Watchmen universe, as they were overtaken by the existence of real costumed crusaders. If I had to guess, I'd say that they they flamed out by 1940, long enough for Superman, Batman, and a couple of others to come along, but that's about it.

They're so obscure in the Watchmen universe that Dr. Manhattan has apparently never heard of Superman, even though he's definitely a fictional character where he comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I think the newsstand dealer mention "Flashman" seemingly kind of remembering Flash.

I've also been very curious as to whether the Watchmen characters are fictitious characters in the DC universe as we saw in an issue of Denny O'Neil's Question.

And as for Superman, I'd believe Jon had heard of him and was locked in on that character in starting his journeys through the DC universe.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think the newsstand dealer mention "Flashman" seemingly kind of remembering Flash.

I've also been very curious as to whether the Watchmen characters are fictitious characters in the DC universe as we saw in an issue of Denny O'Neil's Question.

And as for Superman, I'd believe Jon had heard of him and was locked in on that character in starting his journeys through the DC universe.
    I'd think that, but none of Manhattan's inner monologue has brought up the fact that, from his perspective, Superman is a fictional character. You'd think, given all the focus he's put on Superman, Manhattan would at some point bring up how curious it is that the universe he's in is centered around a fictional character.

(Personally, I think Geoff's trying to ignore that angle as much as possible).

Extraordinary Member

This may have already been posted, but according to amazon.com, Doomsday Clock volume #2 is set for release in May 2020

https://www.amazon.com/Doomsday-Cloc...s=books&sr=1-1

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I'd think that, but none of Manhattan's inner monologue has brought up the fact that, from his perspective, Superman is a fictional character. You'd think, given all the focus he's put on Superman, Manhattan would at some point bring up how curious it is that the universe he's in is centered around a fictional character.

(Personally, I think Geoff's trying to ignore that angle as much as possible).
    Maybe it was fictional but Manhattan made it? It's like DC's St. Elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Maybe it was fictional but Manhattan made it? It's like DC's St. Elsewhere!
    I think DClock's been clear in that the DC Universe wasn't created by Manhattan, but was changed by him. Exactly how and to what extent we're still not fully aware of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    This may have already been posted, but according to amazon.com, Doomsday Clock volume #2 is set for release in May 2020

https://www.amazon.com/Doomsday-Cloc...s=books&sr=1-1

Interesting. Before the final issue comes out.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Spectacular Member

DC has released two images from Doomsday Clock #12:

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-doomsd...12-first-look/

It looks like Batman is going to try and stop Ozymandias with the help of Reggie. I'm going to guess that Batman and Alfred convince Reggie that Rorschach can be a force for good which ties with the you see what you want to see theme that been throughout the series.

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    DC has released two images from Doomsday Clock #12:

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-doomsd...12-first-look/

It looks like Batman is going to try and stop Ozymandias with the help of Reggie. I'm going to guess that Batman and Alfred convince Reggie that Rorschach can be a force for good which ties with the you see what you want to see theme that been throughout the series.
    I'm not reading batman but isn't Alfred dead in Batman and Detective? If so, how can Alfred be alive and kicking in DClock? Especially if DClock occurs after the current DC Universe books. And I'm sure there's a simple explanation for this that I haven't seen because I only read a few DC books.

I'm not reading batman but isn't Alfred dead in Batman and Detective? If so, how can Alfred be alive and kicking in DClock? Especially if DClock occurs after the current DC Universe books. And I'm sure there's a simple explanation for this that I haven't seen because I only read a few DC books.
    Alfred's been dead for years. Superman made an Alfred robot to keep an eye on Bruce and keep him grounded. It's his 'contingency' plan

Spectacular Member

I imagine the explanation is coming in due course for a lot of these questions, aside from Alfred, Lex Luthor is human in Doomsday Clock but a human/Martian hybrid in Justice League.

I'm glad Reggie still has a role in Doomsday Clock. He was one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Alfred's been dead for years. Superman made an Alfred robot to keep an eye on Bruce and keep him grounded. It's his 'contingency' plan
    Wait, Superman made contingency plan for Batman? That's not how any of the works?

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    I imagine the explanation is coming in due course for a lot of these questions, aside from Alfred, Lex Luthor is human in Doomsday Clock but a human/Martian hybrid in Justice League.
    Probably. But I think Luthor would regain his human body at the end of the Justice/Doom war while Alfred seems to be more of a major event type thing. Still, none of this is worth losing sleep over, but the fankid in me still dwells on it.