Page 57 of 116 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

So can I assume New 52 Firestorm NEVER happened?

Since that showed Ronnie and some kid named Jason getting powers together?

If we are going back to the original origin-Jason Rusch must not exist anymore.

goldenknight2018

good questions why would everyone go to mars and start out of control unless someone controls the mind of heroes.

Funny I thought Geoff Johns say they not going to fight dr manhattan unless Johns change his mind.
    Last edited by goldenknight2018; 03-06-2019 at 04:17 PM. Reason: need another add more

Quote Originally Posted by goldenknight2018 View Post
    Funny I thought Geoff Johns say they not going to fight dr manhattan unless Johns change his mind.
    I think he specified that Superman wouldn't fight him, or at least the "final battle" wouldn't be a typical Superhero brawl.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    I'm so loving this series. The story, the art...it's everything an "event" comic should be. And although the delays are frustrating, I can live with that as long as the quality is there. I think once the entire series is read collectively, DDC is going to be a triumphant classic.

That being said, I admit I'm not the brightest reader in the world. Can someone please help me with two questions?

1. Why was it necessary for all the heroes to go to Mars to confront Manhattan? What can non-powered heroes like Nightwing and Batgirl possibly contribute to the battle against a virtual god?

2. Given all the JLA tech and Wayne tech and Thanagarian tech, etc., why couldn't Batman use tech to instantly contact his JL teammates?
    1. They had likely had no idea what they were walking into so it couldn’t hurt have to as many people as possible on deck

2. Dr M’s influence?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

You'd think that with Firestorm having such a pivotal role here, the details on his status should be correct. I'm following very few DC series currently and I'm fine with assuming stuff's off. But for someone who follows Firestorm, that's got to be frustrating. Hopefully the resolution answers these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, I'm expecting it to get pushed out still further than April 10th.

I'm not sure which is better for DC, though: just bumping the date a month (or so) and hoping that's enough time, or these smaller weekly bumps every week or two (Chinese water torture-style).
    It's tough to wait, I agree. On the bright side, glad to see you're reading Doomsday Clock now. How do you like it so far?

I don't think it means Jason doesn't exist anymore, just that Firestorm's old origin is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    1. Why was it necessary for all the heroes to go to Mars to confront Manhattan? What can non-powered heroes like Nightwing and Batgirl possibly contribute to the battle against a virtual god?
    That is something that made zero sense to me too. I can't think of any logical reason for why they would all go and leave Earth unprotected, not even Snyder did that for his JL event, but I think the main reason is that Johns wanted to remove nearly all the heroes to leave just Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman left. That feels like the whole reason. To take the other heroes off the table. Then maybe that will cause the JSA or someone to "appear" to help face the villains on Earth or something with nearly all the heroes gone. Overall that part wasn't written too well.

Well now how is the Trinity going to deal with this situation? And mentioning Wally mean that there was more to his exile in the speedforce than we thought? I mean i know that in TItans they say it wasn't but now?

After a slow start this book has really gotten good. I’m sure it will read great when it’s collected. A lot of people called Stein’s role but the reveal was still cool. Curious to see what the event will be that apparently destroys everything. Is Veidt trying to destroying Earth 0 so Manhattan will focus on his earth? It would go along with his MO. Save his earth but leave a lot of casualties in the process.

Obviously raw power wasn’t going to take out Manhattan. He’s basically outside reality. It pretty much confirms that Superman vs Dr. Manhattan is not going to be a fist fight, but an ethical debate about hope. The man-god who has lost his humanity against the man-god who embodies hope and altruism.

I found it interesting how Manhattan described magic. Error codes or glitches in reality. It sounded similar to how it was described in Planetary. Comparing it to cheat codes in a video game.

I’m curious as to why The Creeper has been so prominent on the villains side. Not just the fact that he’s traditionally a hero. Maybe because he’s a Ditko creation just like The Question, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), and Captain Atom.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-06-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It's tough to wait, I agree. On the bright side, glad to see you're reading Doomsday Clock now. How do you like it so far?
    Who said I'm reading it?

I just try to pay attention to the posts and the internet to see what's up with the JSA, and sometimes glance through an issue at the comic book store. But I won't actually buy it until I'm assured the JSA actually RETURNS to the history of the DC universe (not just random references for a page or so).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Who said I'm reading it?

I just try to pay attention to the posts and the internet to see what's up with the JSA, and sometimes glance through an issue at the comic book store. But I won't actually buy it until I'm assured the JSA actually RETURNS to the history of the DC universe (not just random references for a page or so).
    My mistake. I thought since you were still posting in the "readers-only" thread after OP asked that non-readers post elsewhere you must have started reading it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well now how is the Trinity going to deal with this situation? And mentioning Wally mean that there was more to his exile in the speedforce than we thought? I mean i know that in TItans they say it wasn't but now?
    I think they're deliberately going to have the Trinity take on different situations, Superman will be Doctor Manhattan, Batman Reggie and Ozymandias and Wonder Woman Black Adam, that just leaves Lex and Lois who I suspect will meet up with Johnny Thunder, Saturn Girl and the other MIA characters.
    Last edited by JonaX; 03-06-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

If we're to go by their current continuity, Jason still exists. They depowered him in the DCYou Era, and brought Martin Stein back. So far, the real question is if Ronnie died in some Identity Crisis adjacent event, or did Jason just sort of pop up. N52 Firestorm hasn't been fully erased, provided Orlando's JLA is still in continuity, meaning that at least a little bit of N52 Firestorm occured, as Caitlin Snow still exists, and hasn't been retconned yet.
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You'd think that with Firestorm having such a pivotal role here, the details on his status should be correct. I'm following very few DC series currently and I'm fine with assuming stuff's off. But for someone who follows Firestorm, that's got to be frustrating. Hopefully the resolution answers these questions.

The status quo regarding Martin/Ronnie was reset at least a year and a half ago by Gerry Conway ,Firestorm's creator.

No one seemed to read it is all.