Page 98 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1739

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    WHOOPS! Delete!
    If this was spoilers, you're welcome to PM me them :P

I have soiled myself with knowledge of spoilers; the curiosity got to me. I really need to see this before I can really pick a concrete stance. based on what I read i do have one thought: if what i read is true, then John's does....live up to being considered a DC architect but he was it makes me realize he was not the best fit for a Watchmen follow-up.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I have soiled myself with knowledge of spoilers; the curiosity got to me. I really need to see this before I can really pick a concrete stance. based on what I read i do have one thought: if what i read is true, then John's does....live up to being considered a DC architect but he was it makes me realize he was not the best fit for a Watchmen follow-up.
    Can't seem to find them

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Can't seem to find them
    it was a little tricky for me to find, I just kept googling till I stumbled upon a message board with them. i, like the dumbass I am, did it in incognito mode so I don't even have the link in my history :facepalm:
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Excuse me, but what the hell did this issue just reveal?! I'm so at a loss!

I presume its safe to post this untagged since its a spoilers thread and the issue's summaries are out there now? Well, wait, the summary I read is still labeled as spoiler itself, so I'll tag it just in case?

spoilers:
    Every time something big enough happens that affects the metaverse to the point that the main Earth's continuity changes, the Earth splits, in a sense making a copy of what is being overwritten and adding a new Earth to the multiverse in the process. This is specifically done because the metaverse will always preserve any and every incarnation of Superman. And by proxy everything that goes along with that continuity. Recent examples: Flashpoint upset the metaverse, changing the timeline of the pre-FP Earth. The metaverse copied that Earth and it was added to the multiverse, preserving pre-FP Superman and everything else as the New 52 took over the main Earth. When Rebirth happened, it affected the metaverse, which changed the timeline of the now New 52 Earth. So that Earth was then divided/copied into the multiverse as its own standalone world as the Rebirth continuity took over the main Earth (becoming Earth-52). Rinse and repeat.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-18-2019 at 12:44 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I presume its safe to post this untagged since its a spoilers thread and the issue's summaries are out there now?

Every time something big enough happens that affects the metaverse to the point that the main Earth's continuity changes, the Earth splits, in a sense making a copy of what is being overwritten and adding a new Earth to the multiverse in the process. This is specifically done because the metaverse will always preserve any and every incarnation of Superman. And by proxy everything that goes along with that continuity. Recent examples: Flashpoint upset the metaverse, changing the timeline of the pre-FP Earth. The metaverse copied that Earth and it was added to the multiverse, preserving pre-FP Superman and everything else as the New 52 took over the main Earth. When Rebirth happened, it affected the metaverse, which changed the timeline of the now New 52 Earth. So that Earth was then divided/copied into the multiverse as its own standalone world as the Rebirth continuity took over the main Earth (becoming Earth-52). Rinse and repeat.
    spoilers:
    So, in terms of main continuity, this earth is Earth-Rebirth currently? Manhattan mentions Earth-5G. Is that going to become its own earth/continuity or will this current earth/continuity become Earth-5G, splitting the Rebirth continuity into Earth-Rebirth in the process? What'll be the main continuity earth to follow?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 12-18-2019 at 12:51 AM.

That...that I don't know, those are pertinent questions in this story's wake that has yet to be answered. Depending on how they want to do it, 5G could just be a natural progression, or it could actually end up its own dedicated timeline.

Btw, I was paranoid and ended up tagging the full explanation. I was late to pull the trigger though and it was quoted first but that's my fault not yours. Its after midnight so I think the legit digital copies are going up, so I don't think its breaking etiiquette to go ahead and utilize the spoiler thread. Hope I'm not wrong.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-18-2019 at 12:54 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

spoilers:
    Looks like the pre-FP JSA is back with some revisions, notably Jade is on it alongside Beth Chapel replacing Pieter and Yolanda replacing Tommy. It's damn good to see the aged JSA around with Michael, Karen, Courtney, Jakeem, Jessie and Rick in tow.

And the Kents... Clark said it best. It really was so good to see them.

I'm sick, tired and going to be moreso in the morning, but Johns really did do his best to make this a mission statement on DC and love letter to Superman as a whole.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

It’s out on comixology so I’m assuming it’s safe to spoil especially if you’re coming in this thread now.

Happy the Kent’s are back as well as JSA and Legion. Though I am confused if this book says the legion was inspired by Clark and he knows them how does this explain legion iteration compared to the old one as well as Jon being on the team and with them (haven’t gotten around to reading latest superman issues or legion yet) was Clark isn’t he legion as superboy now?

Disappointed we didn’t see the son of the mime and marionette since he needs an anchor. I feel the comedian and rorschach 2.0 really didn’t play into the plot overall with how it ended and were kinda just there for “hey more watchmen references” and I feel mime and marionette are more setup for future stories instead of this story.

The mention of 5G I am curious if that means the crisis mentioned to be in 2020 will lead to 5G but in 2026 another crisis will happen a “revert to status quo” maybe and 5G becomes its own earth like how New 52 became earth 52 after rebirth.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

A little loosely related geek humor in a momentous December for collective geekdom:

79311416_10156879091991365_6921365872250454016_n.jpg

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    A little loosely related geek humor in a momentous December for collective geekdom:

79311416_10156879091991365_6921365872250454016_n.jpg

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Reminds me of a similar post circa Doomsday Clock #10 that was pretty great. These Manhatten roasts always slay me.

this should've been an Infinite Crisis remake rather than a Watchmen sequel

currently following:

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Make no mistake, this was a good issue. But my main issue is that the book looses a lot of impact by the currenct DC books not reflecting the optimism Johns shows. Instead we have ric grayson, alfred dead, Jon aged up, diana and steven broken up and the center of rebirth that brought the renewed home to a forefront, Wally West, is now a mass murderer who wanted to kill himself at one point.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 12-18-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    this should've been an Infinite Crisis remake rather than a Watchmen sequel
    Thematically yes, but I imagine the corporate perspective was more about squeezing blood from the stone.

It’s certainly a meta aspect that Johns took this on at when his career was at its peak, and now finishes it after DC has cast him aside as it did everyone before. Or that as a guys who made his bones dumpster diving for plot hooks of writers gone before, especially Moore, caps his last major contribution to the comics side spoilers:
    by leaving stuff for future writers to develop if they want, however they want
    end of spoilers