Page 70 of 116 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1739

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    My guess is that Doomsday Clock will end with Dr. Manhattan taking the Watchmen characters back to their own universe, stopping the nukes that nearly annihilated the place, and giving them another shot at a hopeful future — but this time not based on a lie.

Meanwhile, as a parting gift to the DC Universe (and to Superman in particular), he'll restore the JSA (and, by extension, the Legion of Superheroes) as well as Jonathan and Martha Kent. That's Johns' style: he is himself an optimist, and tends to go with “the good guys triumph” endings. I'm not sold that there's going to be another Crisis; I think it's more likely that Doomsday Clock will end with a more extensive version of what Superman Reborn did.
    I do think the JSA (and Legion by extension) will be back at the end of Clock, and maybe the Kents (or at least one of them) unfortunately, but that leaves a number of other loose ends that need to be tied up.

And no matter how this gets resolved, it's going to result in a new continuity. Even if it's heavily post-Crisis there's still a number of things that won't line up with that continuity that'll create substantial changes (Wallace/52 Wally, Jon Kent, etc). I can't picture DC adjusting their whole continuity without making a big deal out of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I do think the JSA (and Legion by extension) will be back at the end of Clock, and maybe the Kents (or at least one of them) unfortunately, but that leaves a number of other loose ends that need to be tied up.

And no matter how this gets resolved, it's going to result in a new continuity. Even if it's heavily post-Crisis there's still a number of things that won't line up with that continuity that'll create substantial changes (Wallace/52 Wally, Jon Kent, etc). I can't picture DC adjusting their whole continuity without making a big deal out of it.
    Snyder's Perpetua storyline seems queued up to do the heavy-lifting in regards to the continuity reshuffling. My guess is that Doomsday Clock will content itself with resolving the Dr. Manhattan, Mr. Oz, Flashpoint Batman, Pandora, JSA & Legion subplots, which will explain the changes DCU continuity has already undergone, but the big reset will be reserved for Snyder's crossover. However, if Snyder's Justice League starts to lose steam and readers' interest, Didio may change course yet again.

If there is any constant to DC Editorial, it's that Dan Didio changes his mind a lot. Given that DC now has a new head honcho who no doubt has her own ideas, that will play a factor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I don't think the kid would be Lex.

It would be somebody in D-Clock who has played a pivotal role. I'd guess Ronny Raymond or Martin Stein.

Another possibility could be Joker himself.
    Yeah, I'm not suggesting Lex is their kid. That was two different thoughts about the series' developments.

But, Mime and Marionette and the Three Jokers has been bouncing around my head. (I'm assuming one is from the Metalverse too, but we'll see.)

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Oh I love Mime and Marionette. MVP’s of the story for me so far.
    Agreed. One of the best things about the story so far.

Astonishing Member

I am grateful for Doomsday Clock.

Yes, I am aware of the delays, but I look forward to each issue.

Compared with DC's other event book where I can't help but just scratch my head after looking at the previews.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I am grateful for Doomsday Clock.

Yes, I am aware of the delays, but I look forward to each issue.

Compared with DC's other event book where I can't help but just scratch my head after looking at the previews.
    I agree. At least TDC is a quality book.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I don't think the kid would be Lex.

It would be somebody in D-Clock who has played a pivotal role. I'd guess Ronny Raymond or Martin Stein.

Another possibility could be Joker himself.
    I said from the onset that I thought it would be revealed that Joker was Marionette's and Mime's child.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I said from the onset that I thought it would be revealed that Joker was Marionette's and Mime's child.
    That's my theory as well.

Well, that was remarkable.

I'm still a little stunned by how good that was.

I take back everything I said about this story not being about Superman enough. Johns really wasn't lying when he said Superman was the story. Superman is the story of the DCU, from beginning to end.

Frankly, there's so much to digest in this issue, it's going to take a while to organize my thoughts on this. The endgame is much clearer now, and the path to Dr. Manhattan's heel turn has become clear. His own inaction in the face of evil has made him understand that he is the villain of the story, pitting him against the ultimate man of action, and it certainly looks like he has no intention of losing.

What did you guys think?

Meh.
    I still don't see the point of the whole story.

For me, Superman isn't the center of the DCU. He was, but not anymore, not since a long time, so the whole thing read as out of touch and presumptuous.

I'm not hyped by the next issue, I can't find anything interesting here for those of us who aren't screaming for more nostalgia fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Meh.
    I still don't see the point of the whole story.

For me, Superman isn't the center of the DCU. He was, but not anymore, not since a long time, so the whole thing read as out of touch and presumptuous.
    I think that very idea that Superman no longer is the center of the DCU, but absolutely was, is part of the point that Johns is making with this story.

I can see how this story wouldn't work for everyone. It's certainly not a typical superhero story. I think the idea that it hinges upon nostalgia is fair, but there's much more to the story than that.

Incredible Member

No lie I really liked Manhattans wait "Am I the baddie" moment.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Wait, So superman new52 origin still stands? I thought it was reverted back to an amalgam origin with secret origins as base after reborn. Am i right?

And the reviews for Doomsday Clock are coming in...
    A polar opposite of the reception of HiC #9.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wait, So superman new52 origin still stands? I thought it was reverted back to an amalgam origin with secret origins as base after reborn. Am i right?
    Manhattan states that the "metaverse" itself is fighting back against his tinkering with history, of which Superman's newly amalgamated history is a prime example of.