Page 40 of 116 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    It's seems clear by now that the JSA was erased to allow growth of the Superman theory, and their return will be of serve to invalidate it by showing that metahumans had been around much longer.
    That's true but it might also throw gasoline on the fire and show that America has been using Metahumans to fight wars for a long time and might intensify the Metahuman arms race.

I wonder will the Justice League character General Glory be brought up. He kinda fits what people believe the Superman theory is.

Spectacular Member

I wonder how people even believe that theory. Because it means that the government is killing hundreds of people and destroying cities for the sake of training metahumans!
    I mean think at the the amount of stuff that is destroyed and people that are killed on a WEEKLY BASIS. Any government if the ruler isn't a complete psycho would understand that this "training" is too expansive by now.

Well I appreciate the set up for the JSA to be what ends up saving the DC Universe. If that is indeed what happens, I'll be pleased to see them have a heapin helping of today relevance.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well I appreciate the set up for the JSA to be what ends up saving the DC Universe. If that is indeed what happens, I'll be pleased to see them have a heapin helping of today relevance.
    I had the idea that the Watchmen's world was originally the JSA's world but when Johnny Thunder's Thunderbolt removed them after the HUAC event, their history and the superheroic nature of the planet was taken away and we were left with the non-powered Minutemen. The return of the JSA to that planet and shifting Watchmen to a "story" only status would be, to me, a fitting end for Doomsday Clock.

When Superman tells Black Adam that he is "authorized" but Adam is not, the hell does that mean? Superman works for the state department or the UN now?

Superman has traditoinally been acknowledged and authorized to operate as a global superhero by the UN. It dates back to at least the Bronze Age, I think.

So what did Batman mean when he said that it's not Firestorm? Is it Manhattan? Hence the Blue color? Or Ozy doing something?
    Anyone look into the Cats eyes on the cover? I see shapes in there, just not sure what...Or it could be nothing.

Spectacular Member

Like almost all issues before the same feeling: Beautifully crafted, strong character moments (especially Superman) and in itself an interesting book. As a sequel/ finale to all the Rebirth stuff a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    So what did Batman mean when he said that it's not Firestorm? Is it Manhattan? Hence the Blue color? Or Ozy doing something?
    Anyone look into the Cats eyes on the cover? I see shapes in there, just not sure what...Or it could be nothing.
    Sounds like you'll have to wait for the next issue to find out!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post

Feels like a setup,probably from Oz,to start ****,so his plans can move forward and easier

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Some on this thread had speculated that Martin Stein would end up being one of the perpetrators of the nefarious plot. As most of the meta humans shown to be apart of the Superman Theory were Firestorm villains. This issue all but confirms it. Ozymandias needed an inside man (very inside ) and it looks like Stein is the guy.
    I have a theory that Stein isn’t actually in Firestorm’s head. We’re meant to assume that he is, because we know how Firestorm usually works, but Johns is very deliberately showing us only Ron’s half of the “conversation”. It could be a stylistic choice but it also could be an indication that Ron is either talking to himself, or to someone other than Stein. I’d have to look back to see if Ron even calls him anything other than “Professor”.
    Cheers - CL

Well what do you know? An entire issue of Doomsday Clock devotes itself to Superman instead of just a couple of pages and it turns out to be a pretty decent Superman story in it's own right. In fact, I'd say this is the least Watchmen-like issue of the series so far, even if the plot does seem a bit too familiar. Anyways, he's my complete take/review on the issue:
    Stillanerd Reviews: Doomsday Clock No. 8 review

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    I have a theory that Stein isn’t actually in Firestorm’s head. We’re meant to assume that he is, because we know how Firestorm usually works, but Johns is very deliberately showing us only Ron’s half of the “conversation”. It could be a stylistic choice but it also could be an indication that Ron is either talking to himself, or to someone other than Stein. I’d have to look back to see if Ron even calls him anything other than “Professor”.
    Yeah, that's kind of where my head is at too, no pun intended. What really made me consider this theory is when Professor Stein suddenly goes silent after the People's Heroes first attack Firestorm and then all those Russian protesters turn to glass. That definitely seemed like the moment where Dr. Manhattan removed Stein out of the Firestorm matrix with himself.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

This whole series is going to read better once it's collected.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Mighty Member

Maybe it's Manhattan in Ronnie's head?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe it's the OG Rorschach.