Page 10 of 116 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I think Johns said Doomsday Clock takes place 1 year into the future, so that when it wrapped then all other books would be caught up time-wise.

Of course, since they botched the whole thing and will take much longer to come out, who knows how it will line up.
    Came here to post just that. But yes, Doomsday Clock is 1 year ahead of regular DC titles. The public disdain with Batman probably arises from what is going on in Detective.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Who says he didn't die? If Doc has the power to alter time and the very atoms of existence, he could easily bring someone back to life. The issue implied he didn't do it until he was in the DC Universe anyway.
    Remember that we were shown things from The Comedian's point of view. So he probably still died. This is because it cuts to black. Then the next panel depicts him under water. Manhattan probably just revived him or made a copy. It is well within his power.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Who says he didn't die? If Doc has the power to alter time and the very atoms of existence, he could easily bring someone back to life. The issue implied he didn't do it until he was in the DC Universe anyway.
    Yeah, that is what I assume happened here too. The blackness that overtakes him is probably death. And then Manhattan revived him.

Astonishing Member

Also, seems Johns is going to address why so many metahumans are American. No way that he'd point it out without it coming into play later on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    That's the dummest thing ever, I love Batman, but really?, how is he a threat to Manhatabs plans exactly, and even if he was, JUST KILL HIM, for someone who is all powerfull like Dr Manhattan he sure does things in unnecesarily convoluted ways....
    Maybe Batman will convince Dr. Manhattan to do something with reason and logic. Maybe Dr. Manhattan now doesn't want Dr. Manhattan later to be convinced. Maybe Batman's presence will be instrumental in whether or not someone else more powerful than Batman will play some other part in things. There are all kinds of ways that could work. This isn't a game where we're throwing a dice and the high number wins. And so far, good thing: It's been more interesting than that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Remember that we were shown things from The Comedian's point of view. So he probably still died. This is because it cuts to black. Then the next panel depicts him under water. Manhattan probably just revived him or made a copy. It is well within his power.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I am saying.

Fantastic Member

I've been enjoying this series so far. But I did have a problem with Batman's treatment of Rorshach.

Batman thinks Rorshach is nuts. But, is anything Rorshach senior and junior does or believes any crazier than what Batman does or believes? And, is anything in Kovacs journal any crazier than any of the situations Batman has found himself in? I also understand that Rorshach does look and act crazy. I guess Batman had to make a judgment call.

I think the plot for the Nathaniel Dusk movie is a big hint. As the guard says “these two guys in the middle of a game of chess, murdered...There’s this big twist, where one of the dead guys turns out to be a killer too.”

Rita Farr got a mention in the backup pages.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think the plot for the Nathaniel Dusk movie is a big hint. As the guard says “these two guys in the middle of a game of chess, murdered...There’s this big twist, where one of the dead guys turns out to be a killer too.”
    This is very likely to mirror something else in the plot. As, likely, does the deadly hockey game fight in "The Button."

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2017/04/b...batman-21.html

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    So the Bat is not gonna get married with the Cat?
    Seem like a conscious decision not to spoil however that turns out. I believe Catwoman has never even been mentioned in this series yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Also, seems Johns is going to address why so many metahumans are American. No way that he'd point it out without it coming into play later on.
    Am I the only one who would like it to mean that D.C. will actually expand their roster of heroes to other part of the world, like they have with New Superman ? because otherwise, it seems a little pointless to lampshade it and just do nothing about it afterwards.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    But we DO know what was written in it.
    Are you sure we know everything?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I've been enjoying this series so far. But I did have a problem with Batman's treatment of Rorshach.

Batman thinks Rorshach is nuts. But, is anything Rorshach senior and junior does or believes any crazier than what Batman does or believes? And, is anything in Kovacs journal any crazier than any of the situations Batman has found himself in? I also understand that Rorshach does look and act crazy. I guess Batman had to make a judgment call.
    I don’t think Batman is planning to just leave Rorschach in that Arkham cell and forget about him, but it’s pretty clear from that journal that Kovacs was a pretty broken and violent man beyond anything Batman has ever been depicted as. Rorschach, even one inspired by him, is not someone you want walking the streets.

I think Batman needs a relatively safe place to keep Rorschach while he investigates further. Now, given how notorious Arkham is for being a revolving door for crazies (pointed out in this very issue), putting him in Arkham seems odd, but he’s not a big enough threat to keep at the Watchtower.

Or it’s entirely possible that isn’t Batman at all. Perhaps the new costume is a hint.

Just a thought: Do you think this Batman could be Dr. Manhattan? Maybe he doesn’t want to kill this new Rorschach, but he feels he needs to take him out of the equation - at least for now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Just a thought: Do you think this Batman could be Dr. Manhattan? Maybe he doesn’t want to kill this new Rorschach, but he feels he needs to take him out of the equation - at least for now.
    That would be a unique twist, but it does play into question: What about the events of Tom King's Batman and the Button ?