Page 101 of 116 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1739
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Everytime the metaverse changes now, Superman splits into another version and a new Earth is created. There's mutiple versions of the trinity as well on their own Earths. So Kal l, Earth 1 Kal, so on and on. To the future as well.

Superman moving ahead means he is younger again. But 5 G mentions Batman's Daughter.

The 4 G timeline wasn't finished yet so if they want to remove the Superboy starting in WW2 they still can, probably just was a prototype.
    So it's like Hypertime but Hyper-Earth?
    I'm guessing it only applies for each Crisis-event instead of little changes.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-18-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Spectacular Member

I can't wait to sit down and read this thing as a whole now instead of having gaps between issues. I am excited about the things I saw in the issue...Ma and Pa are back which is fantastic and I can't wait for them to meet their grandson. The JSA are back so this is awesome and very much welcomed. I'm glad that Beth Chapel is back but I'm wondering where Charles McNider and Pieter Cross are. Charles wasn't in the return of the Justice Society over in Justice League and here we have Beth wearing a version of Pieter's costume. I hope there are plans for Pieter and Charles and they aren't lost to us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So it's like Hypertime but Hyper-Earth
    Eh it's more its own thing. Changes to Superman effect things and now split earths. So does Flash related events.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    I can't wait to sit down and read this thing as a whole now instead of having gaps between issues. I am excited about the things I saw in the issue...Ma and Pa are back which is fantastic and I can't wait for them to meet their grandson. The JSA are back so this is awesome and very much welcomed. I'm glad that Beth Chapel is back but I'm wondering where Charles McNider and Pieter Cross are. Charles wasn't in the return of the Justice Society over in Justice League and here we have Beth wearing a version of Pieter's costume. I hope there are plans for Pieter and Charles and they aren't lost to us.
    The JSA in Doomwar is a hypertime copy.

Incredible Member

So this basically opens up what 5 different Earths to tell stories on. Kinda makes 5G feel even less important if they're just going to say it's either in the future or it's own separate Earth

BANNED

5G is the future Earth. They can prepare for it instead of just rebooting again.

While still using Earth 0.

I noticed only 5G keeps getting altered towards the future. While Earth 0 only gets few more time changes before Earth 5G is formed. Seems no more Flash events to split Earths.

So 5G is the final Earth.

This was a very strong final issue. If it was any less I think people would've been really, really critical of Johns and DC since they took forever to release this comic, but it ended pretty strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    A little loosely related geek humor in a momentous December for collective geekdom:

Attachment 90407

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    This is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    It's interesting that both this and HBO's Watchmen both end with Adrian being brought to justice after he saves the world again.
    And in both instances it was Rorshach's successor who does him in. (Looking Glass was the Rorshach a lot more than the 7thK who just co-opted his image)
    Also interesting that Veidt has a young asian woman follow in his footsteps and that the finale was about Jon passing his power to someone else.

Is it cynical of me to say that as well told as this was, it's basically Johns saying, "Continuity doesn't matter, so just relax - don't worry about how it connects because continuity has been, is and will be rewritten over and over. Even this story doesn't really matter because it will be rewritten soon enough." I don't expect anything in this series to hold over into anything other title or followed up on. (like Jade's appearance or Stein's crimes, etc)

The JSA in Doomwar is a hypertime copy.
    Is it though? Seems like it is the newly re-inserted JSA on Earth Zero (Prime Earth).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Is it though? Seems like it is the newly re-inserted JSA on Earth Zero (Prime Earth).
    They have several differences.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

spoilers:
    Earth, 1,2, 1985, 52, 5G are created. Seems Earth 1985 is post crisis except Supergirl doesn't die and get erased and Wonder Woman never gets rebooted.
    end of spoilers
    I think that instead, it's a continuation of the Pre-Crisis Earth-1, hence Barry instead of Wally.

I just finished reading it and IM SUPERCONFUSED

I know this was suppouse to be out like last year but the way this messes with continuity is very bizarre
    I really dont know what DC is going to do to somehow unify the continuity of this with JL and what Bendis is doing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think that instead, it's a continuation of the Pre-Crisis Earth-1, hence Barry instead of Wally.
    There's Earth 1 and Earth 1985.

The ending was good but I'm still feel disappointed.

The rest of the series was so much better than this issue, Doomsday Clock deserved a stronger ending, and I find myself unfavorably comparing Doomsday Clock to HBO's Watchmen.