Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1739
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yeah! That's it. But, i want more of these with meta kids. Have a meta kids daycare centre or something .I want them to actually serve a purpose . And i don't want Clark's first years filled with calls to smallville, either when origin story is retold(which i hate. Sheesh! Superman's origin can be summed up in a couple of panels) . Clark should figure out on his own. Clark is superman by his choice. Not because he is a proxy for pa, jor el... Etc.i am through with this nature and nurture thing.Clark kent is his own man.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If, according to DDC, after FP, the Legion didn't existed due to Dr. Manhattan's manipulation, who the hell was the Legion that appeared till 2015? Sure, DDC needs revisionism to work as story.

Spectacular Member

I thought I remembered the New 52 Legion was revealed to have been from the future of Earth 2 (ie the New 52 version), which led to Justice League 3000 which was the true future of the New 52 give or take Future's End

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    I thought I remembered the New 52 Legion was revealed to have been from the future of Earth 2 (ie the New 52 version), which led to Justice League 3000 which was the true future of the New 52 give or take Future's End
    I don't think this is even mentioned in the arc they last appeared in 2015. 🤔

NuSuperman had his own Legion anyway during Morrison's run.

Jonhs is revisioning stuff to suit his story.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-18-2019 at 10:31 PM.

BANNED

The Metaverse probably slowly written them out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
    A hit! A very palpable hit!

Spectacular Member

This final issue of Doomsday Clock really blew me away. I wasn't expecting much from it. The dark tone of the series (which mirrored the dark tone of the original Watchmen) made me almost stop reading it. Now, I'm glad I stuck to it and finished it. Johns did a great job of showing that, after decades of creators and editors using the Watchmen for inspiration in telling DC super hero stories, they should have, all along, used the classic stories of the Man of Steel as their example. The DCU used to be a bright universe full of adventure and wonder, and this last issue does a terrific job of bringing that feeling back to life.

Alas, I don't look for DC editorial to let this final issue set the tone for the future. More Batman Who Laughs and Darkity Dark Dark Metal and Heroes in Crisis is probably on the way. But after reading this issue, I'd love to see Johns take over as publisher.

Fantastic Member

I will be the first one to admit I was wrong. I thought the entire series totally sucked right up until issue 11. Issue 12 retroactively made the whole thing amazing for me. Definitely something that will work waaaay better in trade.

Loved this! Wish Johns ran everything.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Incredible Member

I haven't read this but I heard there was a hint about 5G regarding Batman having a daughter? Can someone tell me what that was?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I haven't read this but I heard there was a hint about 5G regarding Batman having a daughter? Can someone tell me what that was?
    Earth 5G
    Superman goes on a quest to find bruce wayne's daughter. So that she can save his son. Which superman, it Doesn't specify. If its jon, then it makes sense given the supersons angle.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Earth 5G
    Superman goes on a quest to find bruce wayne's daughter. So that she can save his son. Which superman, it Doesn't specify. If its jon, then it makes sense given the supersons angle.
    I wonder if this will be Helena Wayne.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I wonder if this will be Helena Wayne.
    Doesn't look like it will end up happening given the mention of 'secret crisis' crossover which to be real is never going to occur so it might be just a throwaway reference rather than a concrete possibility.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    My take is that Dr. Manhattan couldn’t see past the punch because he changed.

Ordinarily, he’d this unchanging superposition living his whole life at once. He doesn’t change his mind because his mind occupies his entire history at once.

When he changes his mind and worldview, he is, effectively, a changed person cut off from the old superposition state.
    That's how I view it as well. Superman changed Dr. Manhattan from being a god bound to a passive role of inaction because of how he views time to a man of action who embraces the ever changing nature of time that the DCU has.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    This stuff was maddening to me. Happy to have Earth-1985. Otherwise I found the payoff uninspired to put it mildly. My faith that Geoff Johns could somehow rise to the occasion of a Watchmen sequel was wildly misplaced. I ought to have known. I love Johns but he's not exactly a sophisticated storyteller. I cheered this series on in spite of the delays based of the promise of answers to the questions you listed above. How very disappointing.
    While King tried to explain the whole Thomas Wayne thing away in Batman, the whole Jor-El/Mr. Oz plotline does tend to stick out like a sore thumb as being a giant waste of time. I don't know what Jurgens was going for here, but clearly Johns had something in mind here that went absolutely nowhere. Bendis tried to make it work, but even he dumped the whole Jor-El & Rogal Zharr stuff pretty quickly went it became abundantly clear that few readers were enjoying that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Earth 5G
    Its Clark. Everything Manhattan narrates in regards to Superman, he's talking about Kal-El/Clark Kent. These proposed adventures Manhattan mentions is after the alleged "Time Masters" event that brings Superman and the other classic heroes back to their roles, and shunts 5G off into its own world.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-19-2019 at 01:33 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El