Page 37 of 116 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

*nerdgasm*

A couple of thoughts:

1. DCU Rebirth hinted that Jon was only able to change the timeline because the Flashpoint happened. Put another way, Jon was (and usually is) just as constrained by the linearity of time in the DCU as in the Watchmen universe, except when some outside event messes with that linearity. Most of the Crises would qualify, and the Flashpoint was the one that he used to eliminate ten years of history from the DCU, including Alan Scott.

2. The removal of Alan Scott didn’t prevent the formation of the JSA. But it did change its nature, shifting them from public heroes operating primarily in America during the war to a covert team that helped bring about the end of the war. The resulting butterfly effect eventually lead to Johnny Thunder making a wish during the HUAC hearings that vanished the remaining members, save for a handful of oddballs like Hawkman and Dr. Fate.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    . . . Young Carver Coleman reading ALL STAR COMICS #3 with Doctor Manhattan as a member of the JSA

Well, this is confusing. Did Manhattan alter the creation of the comic book JSA as well?

And if Manhattan supposedly caused the death of Alan Scott before he became the Green Lantern, why is there still a comic book version of him? (He's still seated around that table on the cover, but partially covered by Carver's hand.)

Original All Star Comics #3 cover (for comparison):

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    Cover of issue 09

Covers of issue 10 Young Carver Coleman reading ALL STAR COMICS #3 with Doctor Manhattan as a member of the JSA

I am now locked into this cover.

Spectacular Member

Is that frozen blood in space hitting the legionnaire ring?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, this is confusing. Did Manhattan alter the creation of the comic book JSA as well?

And if Manhattan supposedly caused the death of Alan Scott before he became the Green Lantern, why is there still a comic book version of him? (He's still seated around that table on the cover, but partially covered by Carver's hand.)

Original All Star Comics #3 cover (for comparison):
    It's probably meant to be taken symbolically, rather than literally, much like the cover of Ozymandias manipulating the Superman and Dr. Manhattan puppets to fight each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Is that frozen blood in space hitting the legionnaire ring?
    I believe so. A nice use of the motif from the first Watchmen cover updated to reflect the Legion.

does the maxi-series title mean that the monster Doomsday is coming at some point? How would he figure into all of this?

I wouldn't think so. It's just a reference to the actual Doomsday Clock, a motif from the original Watchmen.

Some wild speculation just occurred to me--what if the New 52 Alan Scott is actually Obsidian and the green magic that empowers him is actually Jade, who each survived Dr. Manhattan's attempts to erase them from history in altered forms?

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I wouldn't think so. It's just a reference to the actual Doomsday Clock, a motif from the original Watchmen.
    …which, (not) coincidentally, has the initials “DC”.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

The latest issue of Doomsday Clock revealed a great deal of insight into the Dr. Manhattan and how involved he has been in DC continuity. My fellow Geeks and I talk about it here. Hope that we provide some interesting views.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Just finally read this and I think Ozymandias was lying to Rorschach II about his parents. It looked to me like they were reconciling together at the end 'Watchmen'.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

What do you think of the theory that the Mime and Marionettes's child (the first one) is Shazam?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

goldenknight2018

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    What do you think of the theory that the Mime and Marionettes's child (the first one) is Shazam?
    whaaaaaat
    that funny, I read geoff Johns say something about shazam Story. that very strange, Shazam just disappearance without a trace,
    but, if Mime and Marionettes' child is Shazam that was the nightmare.