Page 45 of 116 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    How do we know there have been any tweaking/revisions? Where did that even come from.
    Frank was tweeting unfinished pages I think for 9 and said they had been dropped due to Geoffs revisions.

Spectacular Member

It's odd that issue 10 still has its release date although with Issue 9's delays, that won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    It's odd that issue 10 still has its release date although with Issue 9's delays, that won't last.
    Why bother to reschedule #10 until they know for sure when #9 will ACTUALLY ship?

goldenknight2018

Geoff says something about changing the story in DC #7 next thing Frank redraw DC #9 Panel, DC #10 possibly move to April #11 in June and # 12 Aug I hate delay.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenknight2018 View Post
    Geoff says something about changing the story in DC #7 next thing Frank redraw DC #9 Panel, DC #10 possibly move to April #11 in June and # 12 Aug I hate delay.
    Considering that the May solicits will be released before DC #9 comes out, we'll know for sure if they will have decided to push #11 back to June if it ends up showing in there or not.

I hope someone compiles a kind of timeline regarding the development and publishing of Doomsday Clock, to see if there can be any possible correlations regarding when any changes were being taken place, versus their initial intents.

Are we ever getting the JSA and Legion back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we ever getting the JSA and Legion back ?
    I'm still wondering what "getting them back" would actually look like.
    DC doesn't always think the same as we do . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm still wondering what "getting them back" would actually look like.
    DC doesn't always think the same as we do . . .
    I feel like we will get them back the same way Brad Pitt got his wife back in Seven.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Delays do indeed suck, but, again, it should not be forgotten that Johns & Frank are attempting a direct sequel to Watchmen. This is easily the highest profile and riskiest book in comics in many years. If they fumble the ball here, they'll rightfully be the laughing stock of the entire comics industry. Considering how badly Before Watchmen turned out, I totally understand why Johns & Frank are taking their sweet time making sure they absolutely nail the story they're trying to tell because they know that a year from now, nobody will be taking about the delays and that the vast majority of people will be reading it as a complete story in the collected editions.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Delays do indeed suck, but, again, it should not be forgotten that Johns & Frank are attempting a direct sequel to Watchmen. This is easily the highest profile and riskiest book in comics in many years. If they fumble the ball here, they'll rightfully be the laughing stock of the entire comics industry. Considering how badly Before Watchmen turned out, I totally understand why Johns & Frank are taking their sweet time making sure they absolutely nail the story they're trying to tell because they know that a year from now, nobody will be taking about the delays and that the vast majority of people will be reading it as a complete story in the collected editions.
    In all fairness, shouldn't Johns and Frank have figured out what they wanted to do before starting to release the story? I'm all for taking the time to make a story great, but if you're making changes mid-story, that leads me to believe that they have no confidence in the original idea.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    In all fairness, shouldn't Johns and Frank have figured out what they wanted to do before starting to release the story? I'm all for taking the time to make a story great, but if you're making changes mid-story, that leads me to believe that they have no confidence in the original idea.
    I've lost count of how many great comics, books, TV shows, and films have changed mid-way through because the people making them thought of a better way of telling their story than they originally planned.

Creating art is not engineering or an exact science. Sometimes things don't go according to plan.

This doesn't necessarily mean that Doomsday Clock will be worth the delays, but I would much rather wait months for something potentially great than get something disappointing right away.

. . . Considering how badly Before Watchmen turned out, I totally understand why Johns & Frank are taking their sweet time making sure they absolutely nail the story they're trying to tell because they know that a year from now, nobody will be taking about the delays and that the vast majority of people will be reading it as a complete story in the collected editions.
    The only problem is, Watchmen was independent of the regular DC universe; Doomsday Cluck isn't, and it's been severely impacting what other writers can or cannot do in their current stories.

Doomsday Clock has been my most anticipated book since the day it was announced, and I've enjoyed it immensely. Having said that, Johns and DC should have kept it quiet until they had more issues done. Event books like this should be mostly in the can before we ever even learn about them, in my opinion. At least have half to 3/4's done...I understand why they announced it when they did, I understand they needed to make a news splash and they needed something to impress at Con, but it makes them look extremely silly when it keeps getting pushed back.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

There are two basic possible reasons for the delays. One is that the creative team is slow. The other is that rewrites and tweaks are needed to fit in with the story's effects on the DC Universe at large.

The first I can't speak much about. I can imagine by this time Frank should know how long it would take him to draw 12 books of about 30 pages each. If it's purely slowness of art, Frank seems like a bad guy here. If it's story that's late, I'm also throwing Johns under the bus. This has been going on for well over three years and the story should be written by now. Thus, I am less inclined to believe it's creator slowness at this point in time (after the going to bi-minthly, that is).

The second reason is the one I'm leaning on. The book needs to fit in with everything else somehow. Anecdotal stories of shifting power forces within DC management and changes in plots for various books over the last four years make fitting DClock into its designed role as lynch pin to continuity a shifting problem.

But all-in-all, the frustration at the weekly nickel and diming delays are indeed frustrating. I've seen a lot of over the decades I've been rwading and expecting better here is a reasonable expectation.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Judging from some of the comments I've been seeing it seems to already be happening regardless if people are reading the story or not.