Page 49 of 116 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Alright, prediction time:

I think the big twist will involve Kal-L & Lois of Earth-2.
    My heart would go pitter patter at this. It does seem to be a big jump, but DC may want to use a blonde buxom Power Girl from Krypton on their main Earth. Somehow working in the original Kal and Lois would give you a road to making that happen. But Lois and Clark make a match for the ages through all dimensions and parallel Earths.

I have no idea how to make this work, but it's too cool and idea to let go of.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No way. DDC has been fairly self-contained so far, you could pick it up having only read Watchman and have a passing knowledge of the DCU and know what’s going on. Convoltued continuity isn’t where this is going.
    I don't think Johns is going to regurgitate the entire backstory of the Multiverse, but I am pretty sure that Superman, in all his many forms, is going to play a role in the endgame here. There's no way around convoluted continuity because that's the entire crime that Manhattan has committed upon the DCU. The why's of that convoluted continuity are at the heart of the story between Superman and Dr. Manhattan

The traditional, pre-Flashpoint version of "Earth-2"?

Wasn't Johns the one who killed them off in the first place back in Infinite (but not "Final") Crisis back in 2006?

Spectacular Member

It's only a hunch but I wonder if Batman might end up in the Watchmen universe either through Dr Manhattan's intervention or from stealing the Owlship from Veidt. The cover of issue 11 makes me think Batman preventing the nuclear launch isn't from the DC Universe

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I think I'd literally wet my pants if I see Kal-L landing a hellacious Superman punch on Dr. Manhattan.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    It's only a hunch but I wonder if Batman might end up in the Watchmen universe either through Dr Manhattan's intervention or from stealing the Owlship from Veidt. The cover of issue 11 makes me think Batman preventing the nuclear launch isn't from the DC Universe
    Okay, now THAT'S an interesting theory. I'll put a few bucks on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The traditional, pre-Flashpoint version of "Earth-2"?

Wasn't Johns the one who killed them off in the first place back in Infinite (but not "Final") Crisis back in 2006?
    Those were Johns's marching orders, yes, but re-reading their deaths and his subsequent follow-up stories with Power Girl suggest that he had larger plans regarding those characters.

For decades, Johns was DC's company man who was asked to execute stories that editorial wanted, even if he disagreed. He was the one who made Hal Jordan into The Spectre, then when editorial changed their minds, he was the one who figured out how to untie the very same knot he was told to tie. He was the one who rebooted the DCU with Flashpoint, even though that was never his intention with the story. Johns has unfortunately been stuck carrying out the whims of DC Editorial for a lot of his career.

Given the degree of creative control Johns demanded on Doomsday Clock, I can certainly see how he'd use that power to right a few wrongs before this story is over. He's certainly righting the wrongs done against the JSA by the New 52, so I could see him throwing in the OG Superman & Lois given how poorly their stories were ended thanks to legal shenanigans outside of his control.

You'll remember that 2006 was right in the middle of the lawsuit over rights to Superboy/Superman, so it was in no way a coincidence that both Superboy and the Superman closest to the one Seigel & Shuster created were both killed off during Infinite Crisis. This is why Superboy-Prime was renamed Superman-Prime in subsequent stories, and the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon had to call teenaged Clark Superman instead of Superboy.

Well, all that legal nonsense is done with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I think I'd literally wet my pants if I see Kal-L landing a hellacious Superman punch on Dr. Manhattan.

I think my brain would start bleeding by trying to process how they would be around.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

. . . Given the degree of creative control Johns demanded on Doomsday Clock, I can certainly see how he'd use that power to right a few wrongs before this story is over. He's certainly righting the wrongs done against the JSA by the New 52, so I could see him throwing in the OG Superman & Lois given how poorly their stories were ended thanks to legal shenanigans outside of his control.
    Are you over-estimating how much "control" Johns may have these days at DC?

If he really still had much "control", do you think the return of original Wally West would have led to where the character is these days?

Who's to say even if Johns brings back the proper JSA by the end of Doomsday Cluck that DC won't pull another Extant on them soon after?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Are you over-estimating how much "control" Johns may have these days at DC?
    No, I am not.

Just because Geoff Johns isn't heading up DC Films anymore, it would be a mistake to underestimate how much juice he still has. He's the Exec Producer or Co-Creator on virtually every DC TV show, on both the CW and DCU. He's also the producer and/or writer on Wonder Woman and Aquaman, which just made over a billion dollars.

And Doomsday Clock is still the best selling comic out there right now. I think Johns might have tweaked his story a bit to accomodate what Snyder, King & Bendis want to do. He may have even altered his own story because he figured out a better way to tell it. But, make no mistake, this is the story Geoff Johns wants to tell with Gary Frank and it will come out exactly the way they want it, no matter how long it takes.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think my brain would start bleeding by trying to process how they would be around.
    Same way Tim Drake is presently partying around the DCU like it's 1999 and Damian Wayne never happened.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Same way Tim Drake is presently partying around the DCU like it's 1999 and Damian Wayne never happened.

It's comic books. You can have multiple GLs, FLashes, and Robins out there and nobody will bat an eye

Spiderverse blew apart the notion of multiple characters co-existing with the same shtick. The Multiverse is now mainstream.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

But, make no mistake, this is the story Geoff Johns wants to tell with Gary Frank and it will come out exactly the way they want it, no matter how long it takes.
    Hope you're right, I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Hope you're right, I'm not so sure anymore.
    We're fanboys. Worrying that the sky is falling based upon little to no information is what we do

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

#10 art reveal from Frank:

https://twitter.com/1moreGaryFrank/s...53556538269696

The return of some familiar faces.