Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yeah I believe context is important. I am betting that’s a flashback panel or some nonsense! I have no faith that DC has any real plans for the JSA.
    Or it could even be a page in a comic book that a character is reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just because we're shown a page of artwork with the JSA doesn't mean they're actually "returning" in that issue and that they'll be available for other writers to use yet.

Case in point:
    That cover is so misleading it feels like its from the 50s
    Well, Jay did return in that issue. Then he was gone again a few pages later.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Alright, I can see the inevitable slide of this thread away from its original intention again.

Remember guys, this thread is for people who are actually reading Doomsday Clock and want to discuss the story with other fans who are also reading it. If you'd like to start another thread in which you can harp endlessly about how late it is, or how it's not delivering you the JSA or LSH on a timely enough manner, I suggest you start your own "Complainers of Doomsday Clock Thead".

Thank yew.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    . . . If you'd like to start another thread in which you can harp endlessly about how late it is, or how it's not delivering you the JSA or LSH on a timely enough manner, I suggest you start your own "Complainers of Doomsday Clock Thead".

Thank yew.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...y-Clock-Thread

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Alright, I can see the inevitable slide of this thread away from its original intention again.

Remember guys, this thread is for people who are actually reading Doomsday Clock and want to discuss the story with other fans who are also reading it. If you'd like to start another thread in which you can harp endlessly about how late it is, or how it's not delivering you the JSA or LSH on a timely enough manner, I suggest you start your own "Complainers of Doomsday Clock Thead".

Thank yew.
    What you said, Bored. Let the story play out before lighting your torches and storming the castle. So far I am enjoying Doomsday Clock. This is a story for the ages and one which will be an evergreen for DC in the years to come.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well disappointingly but not surprisingly, Doomsday Clock #10 has now been delayed to April 3rd (so far)

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/doom...msday-clock-10

BANNED

Remember when it was said that Doomsday Clock was a year ahead ? Well you might want to read this to be sure... https://www.newsarama.com/44131-is-t...beginning.html

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Remember when it was said that Doomsday Clock was a year ahead ? Well you might want to read this to be sure... https://www.newsarama.com/44131-is-t...beginning.html
    Doesn't that prove that it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So I wonder, everything does appear to be slowly lining up, but I wonder what will be the in-between point between pre-DClock and post-DClock stories. Wonder if they'll end up pushing #12 back further so its not in the middle of Superman's Leviathan, Batman's City Of Bane, DCeased, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So I wonder, everything does appear to be slowly lining up, but I wonder what will be the in-between point between pre-DClock and post-DClock stories. Wonder if they'll end up pushing #12 back further so its not in the middle of Superman's Leviathan, Batman's City Of Bane, DCeased, etc.
    I'm not sure there's going to be a pre and post DClock point for everyone. At least not at the same time. The need for such a point, of course, depends on the actual effects of DClock. And the changes made by DClock may not be reflected everywhere as they may not matter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm not sure there's going to be a pre and post DClock point for everyone. At least not at the same time. The need for such a point, of course, depends on the actual effects of DClock. And the changes made by DClock may not be reflected everywhere as they may not matter.
    Batman appears to be affected the most by Doomsday Clock so far, given Gotham's attitude towards him and the new costume. Clark will probably get Ma and Pa back at the end of this story and they become members of his supporting cast again.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    . . . Clark will probably get Ma and Pa back at the end of this story and they become members of his supporting cast again.
    Wild random guess / wishful thinking on your part, or are there specific clues that lead you to believe that?

Remember, for his original almost 50 years (1938-1986), Superman's parents were not alive when he began his career in Metropolis as Superman.

Wild random guess / wishful thinking on your part, or are there specific clues that lead you to believe that?

Remember, for his original almost 50 years (1938-1986), Superman's parents were not alive when he began his career in Metropolis as Superman.
    Schrodinger's parents. Until we get the issue, they are both alive and dead. Heck, it's a comic book. They may be both even after we read the story.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Schrodinger's parents. Until we get the issue, they are both alive and dead. Heck, it's a comic book. They may be both even after we read the story.
    I was just asking Miles To Go to explain the comment "Clark will probably get Ma and Pa back at the end of this story and they become members of his supporting cast again." and if there had already been things in the story so far that led to this statement.

BANNED

Some are taking the flashbacks to Clark's prom and the car accident as a sign we'll get back to that near the end of the line, and it'll be Manhattan's gift to Clark for helping to open his eyes a bit about life. Remember, a merged variation of the post-crisis Superman is the one currently walking about the DC Universe and the Kents were a big part of the post-crisis era. It's the last piece of that puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Some are taking the flashbacks to Clark's prom and the car accident as a sign we'll get back to that near the end of the line, and it'll be Manhattan's gift to Clark for helping to open his eyes a bit about life. Remember, a merged variation of the post-crisis Superman is the one currently walking about the DC Universe and the Kents were a big part of the post-crisis era. It's the last piece of that puzzle.
    That may have been the initial idea, but now with Bendis in charge things could've change, its all up to him to decide if he wants to actually use them or not (remember that #1 came out before Bendis officially signed on to DC).

There's also people who are theorizing that the whole of Bendis' Superman takes place after Doomsday Clock, which could be possible and has some hints toward it, but there's just so much space within all the stores it feels like a harder pill to swallow that all of his stuff that has gone on takes place much further in the future.