Page 52 of 116 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

The costume discrepancies are the biggest hurdle to having DC and the current DCU timeline sync up for me.

For instance, the cover of DC#1 shows Superman in his costume without the underwear. But in the current DCU timeline he has his underwear and most likely won't lose it again.

And IIRC correctly Batman has the suit with the yellow oval in DC, but in the current continuity he has recently switched back to his classic black bat logo costume. I realize he could change it again, but it seems unlikely since he just changed it to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That may have been the initial idea, but now with Bendis in charge things could've change, its all up to him to decide if he wants to actually use them or not (remember that #1 came out before Bendis officially signed on to DC).

There's also people who are theorizing that the whole of Bendis' Superman takes place after Doomsday Clock, which could be possible and has some hints toward it, but there's just so much space within all the stores it feels like a harder pill to swallow that all of his stuff that has gone on takes place much further in the future.
    I swear if Rogol Zarr shows up at the end of Doomsday Clock ...
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I swear if Rogol Zarr shows up at the end of Doomsday Clock ...
    But then again, maybe he should show up so Manhattan can squish him like an annoying bug?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I was just asking Miles To Go to explain the comment "Clark will probably get Ma and Pa back at the end of this story and they become members of his supporting cast again." and if there had already been things in the story so far that led to this statement.
    It's ALL just specualation at this point, but here a few things that could lead us down that road...

The fact that the non-existent JSA is getting lots of attention, with the explanation that Dr. Manhattan's manipulations "erased" them suggests that some of his manipulations will be undone by story's end. If THAT in fact happens (honestly, do readers NOT see that coming?...) that opens the door for other time manipulations to be undone. This could include any number of things from the pre-Flashpoint continuity coming back into play. The "lost ten years" is another thing that could be restored.

We won't, of course, know anything for sure until the story wraps up in (ahem) 2035. But the groundwork has been set for any number of changes to be made based on "undoing" the manipulations to the timeline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    The "lost ten years" is another thing that could be restored.
    Ten years were added to the DC Universe again after the Supermen merged

Unless you mean the precise memories of what life was like in the original ten years.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ten years were added to the DC Universe again after the Supermen merged

Unless you mean the precise memories of what life was like in the original ten years.
    I thought that only applied to Superman himself? I don’t really remember seeing any examples that suggested 10 years were restored to anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I thought that only applied to Superman himself? I don’t really remember seeing any examples that suggested 10 years were restored to anybody else.
    I think Barbara Gordon is still younger than she was pre-Flashpoint.

BANNED

I thought that only applied to Superman himself?
    I think we agree on that. It's not the same precise ten years.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't think the costumes are going to matter much. The cover to #1 was metaphorical, not an actual event that occured in the book and Batman is only back in his original costume because he's still sad about being dumped by Selina. He can switch to the new suit any time.

All-New Member FulciandChill1610!'s Avatar

I'm not entirely sure it was covered anywhere? But it feels like Reborn was implying that the mini event impacted Superman and restored strictly Superman lore. But because Superman is the complete centerfold of EVERYONE in the DC Universe it could impact others as well. There's not many he hasn't changed, or interacted with, or inspired, or turned away.

Everything can be tied to Superman in theory...so the ripple effects could have played out. You could potentially argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think the costumes are going to matter much. The cover to #1 was metaphorical, not an actual event that occured in the book and Batman is only back in his original costume because he's still sad about being dumped by Selina. He can switch to the new suit any time.
    I'm throwing Alfred under the bus here.

But seriously, I'd bet a lot of my own money that what was originally panned for the conclusion of DClock back even as far as issue one, never mind Rebirth, isn't happening as planned. A theory (which I believe) says that issue nine is so late because of changes. And I am speculating 100%. As to effects in other books, my big DC franchises are JSA and LSH so I'm kinda holding onto this ride until it finishes to see what's happening.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm throwing Alfred under the bus here.

But seriously, I'd bet a lot of my own money that what was originally panned for the conclusion of DClock back even as far as issue one, never mind Rebirth, isn't happening as planned. A theory (which I believe) says that issue nine is so late because of changes. And I am speculating 100%. As to effects in other books, my big DC franchises are JSA and LSH so I'm kinda holding onto this ride until it finishes to see what's happening.
    I totally agree. I'm surprised people are making excuses for the obvious continuity glitches and blatant signs of a lack of planning. I think we need to face the fact that with John's new role, hope is dead.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I totally agree. I'm surprised people are making excuses for the obvious continuity glitches and blatant signs of a lack of planning. I think we need to face the fact that with John's new role, hope is dead.
    How about we wait for some actual facts to come in, rather than wild speculation based upon nothing but some delays?

Despite not being the head honcho of DC Films anymore, Geoff Johns is still one of the busiest guys in the entertainment business while also trying to write a worthy sequel to the best selling and most revered graphic novel of all time. Leaping to conclusions based upon nothing but unsubstantiated conspiracy theories doesn't seem like a very valuable use of your time.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If DClock was always the end game, than Hope was gonna die at some point regardless of whose steering the ship

BANNED

If DClock was always the end game, than Hope was gonna die at some point regardless of whose steering the ship
    Yeah, we all knew heading into the year that built to DClock that this would be the "empire strikes back" portion of Rebirth. Some fans are just peeved that DClock's going to come and go and we're still going to get edgy crap afterwards with whatever Year of the Villain is. There's no upswing, there''s no "return of the jedi" coming. Whatever debate Clark has with Manhattan, Manhattan will be proven right.