Page 56 of 116 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Ok, I know this is supposedly set not far in the near future, but if my Dad (Superman) is in a coma, I'm either there by his side or I'm after the SOB who put him in that state with the others. Where the f#%k is Jon Kent???
    Probably stashed away with the rest of the child heroes.

Incredible Member

Pretty awesome issue. Johns and Franks pacing is unreal - even though we know what the outcome will be, as we read on we're still filled with a mixture of dread and hope/optimism that the things that happen in the future will be changed. I felt that all the characterizations were done well (Guy, Lois, etc). This issue had it all - battles, revelations, expansion and deepening of the mystery.

Also, we finally get to see Diana. I love how each of the trinity are presented with a problem, with all three conflicts balanced in terms of positive/negative emotions (Diana - Negative (dread) and potential downfall / Bruce - Positive (hope that he solved the mystery and can fix things) / Clark - neutral (introduction of a character that may be good or bad for our heroes).

The wait between issues is definitely a slog, but I feel like they've each been worth the wait so far.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

Also, we finally get to see Diana. I love how each of the trinity are presented with a problem, with all three conflicts balanced in terms of positive/negative emotions (Diana - Negative (dread) and potential downfall / Bruce - Positive (hope that he solved the mystery and can fix things) / Clark - neutral (introduction of a character that may be good or bad for our heroes).
    It's interesting that the only DC heroes left on Earth are the Trinity, Johnny Thunder and Saturn Girl.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wally hasn’t even shown up yet. Don’t think Barry has either. The only nod to The Button/Rebirth has been Batman saying he knows who Dr. Manhattan is. Otherwise DDC has been completely standalone.
    How does that mean DDC is stand alone? Rebirth was about an unknown force manipulating the DCU and ended with the discovery of the comedian's button. The Button was also about an unknown being manipulating the DCU. In the DDC it's being revealed that Dr. Manhattan is the one doing the manipulating of the universe. Since the narrative in DDC continues where those others left off, wouldn't that make it a sequel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Pretty awesome issue. Johns and Franks pacing is unreal - even though we know what the outcome will be, as we read on we're still filled with a mixture of dread and hope/optimism that the things that happen in the future will be changed. I felt that all the characterizations were done well (Guy, Lois, etc). This issue had it all - battles, revelations, expansion and deepening of the mystery.

The wait between issues is definitely a slog, but I feel like they've each been worth the wait so far.
    How can Batman think he can fix this when this is even beyond his comprehension of understanding time travel well enough. Plus I could see why Superman takes on Dr. Manhattan Thanks to the latest issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if it were caused by the removal of the Golden Age heroes. Without a history of super powered heroes, the government manufactured its own.
    ^^This. I imagine that if the JSA are reinstated back into the DCU's past (interesting that Manhattan jumped into the post-Crisis Universe rather than seeing them on Earth-2), it might undo the government sponsored origins of all the "Supermen Theory Heroes" including Firestorm. Then people don't lose faith in Superman, allowing for the formation of the Legion in the future.

Another really interesting issue, Gary Frank knocking it out of the park again, creating a pretty excellent action sequence. I'm really curious about Dr. Manhattan's whole "Either I die or everything dies", and I wonder what exactly Black Adam has planned, besides simply just "taking over".

With the events of Metal and Wally being referenced, it does look like the timeline is slowly starting to all catch up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    It's interesting that the only DC heroes left on Earth are the Trinity, Johnny Thunder and Saturn Girl.
    Also whoever is left alive from the Titans/TT franchise.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Also whoever is left alive from the Titans/TT franchise.
    Assuming DC lets any of the Titans live, considering their current track record.
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    How can Batman think he can fix this when this is even beyond his comprehension of understanding time travel well enough. Plus I could see why Superman takes on Dr. Manhattan Thanks to the latest issue.
    I think it’s likely Batman will go after Ozymandias, Batman already has seen what he’s capable of.

The issue 11 synopsis suggests he’s also looking for Rorschach although I’m not sure if it’s Reggie or Kovacs

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Another really interesting issue, Gary Frank knocking it out of the park again, creating a pretty excellent action sequence. I'm really curious about Dr. Manhattan's whole "Either I die or everything dies", and I wonder what exactly Black Adam has planned, besides simply just "taking over".

With the events of Metal and Wally being referenced, it does look like the timeline is slowly starting to all catch up.
    I’ve mentioned it before but I think Ozy leaked the info about Firestorm to Black Adam.
    Last edited by JonaX; 03-06-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wally hasn’t even shown up yet. Don’t think Barry has either. The only nod to The Button/Rebirth has been Batman saying he knows who Dr. Manhattan is. Otherwise DDC has been completely standalone.
    Isn't Batman knowing who Manhattan is a consequence of reading Rorschach's journal, more than anything concerning The Button?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I didn't read Metal. What was the reference?

Who do you guys think Manhattan has been masquerading as in the DCU?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Who do you guys think Manhattan has been masquerading as in the DCU?
    I was thinking maybe all the Guardians of the Universe, but that doesn't fit with his reaction to a GL ring in the latest issue.

In that case, Mr Mind.

I'm so loving this series. The story, the art...it's everything an "event" comic should be. And although the delays are frustrating, I can live with that as long as the quality is there. I think once the entire series is read collectively, DDC is going to be a triumphant classic.

That being said, I admit I'm not the brightest reader in the world. Can someone please help me with two questions?

1. Why was it necessary for all the heroes to go to Mars to confront Manhattan? What can non-powered heroes like Nightwing and Batgirl possibly contribute to the battle against a virtual god?

2. Given all the JLA tech and Wayne tech and Thanagarian tech, etc., why couldn't Batman use tech to instantly contact his JL teammates?
    Last edited by Jasmine; 03-06-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Typo