Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1374
  1. #856
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I didn't read Metal. What was the reference?
    Guy Gardner referenced when the Green Lanterns fought against the "Dark Multiverse", which is where the evil Batmen from Metal were from.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  2. #857
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m curious as to why The Creeper has been so prominent on the villains side. Not just the fact that he’s traditionally a hero. Maybe because he’s a Ditko creation just like The Question, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), and Captain Atom.
    Johns made The Creeper one of those government-created metas so I imagine we'll see more of that new origin and what lead to him joining Black Adam. (most likely he rebelled against the U.S. gov and went to him seeking asylum?)

  3. #858
    Incredible Member Slim Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    8 Mile
    Posts
    623

    Default

    I'm not a huge Lantern reader, but I always liked Guy, I enjoyed seeing him having a good role here. Kind of surprising, but I liked it.

  4. #859
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I'm not a huge Lantern reader, but I always liked Guy, I enjoyed seeing him having a good role here. Kind of surprising, but I liked it.
    Guy's lines were hilarious. I actually laughed out loud a few times.

  5. #860
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post

    1. Why was it necessary for all the heroes to go to Mars to confront Manhattan? What can non-powered heroes like Nightwing and Batgirl possibly contribute to the battle against a virtual god?
    Wouldn't you bring Nightwing and Batgirl to take down a threat that injured Superman?

  6. #861
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Wouldn't you bring Nightwing and Batgirl to take down a threat that injured Superman?
    If Batgirl has the Oracle computer knowledge, I can see a reason. Nightwing has a brilliant tactical sense which unfortunately didn't get used. However, the Question's presence is a big question.

    Was there a sign of Aquaman anywhere?

  7. #862
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,877

    Default

    Just when the delays were getting to me, this issue reminds me that its indeed worth the wait. This is by far one of the best books on the stands.

  8. #863
    Incredible Member Slim Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    8 Mile
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Was there a sign of Aquaman anywhere?
    Yeah him and Mera were there, just in one or two panels, didn't really do anything.

  9. #864
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Yeah him and Mera were there, just in one or two panels, didn't really do anything.
    I only mention Aquaman because of the water problem for him on Mars.

  10. #865
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    How does that mean DDC is stand alone? Rebirth was about an unknown force manipulating the DCU and ended with the discovery of the comedian's button. The Button was also about an unknown being manipulating the DCU. In the DDC it's being revealed that Dr. Manhattan is the one doing the manipulating of the universe. Since the narrative in DDC continues where those others left off, wouldn't that make it a sequel?
    Because you can read this without reading the Button or the Rebirth issue. Itís moreso a sequel to Watchman than either of those books you mentioned. Oh sure that stuff is referenced, or at least Johns is referencing the Rebirth issue, but itís not that critical.

  11. #866
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,599

    Default

    There's a LOT to chew on in this issue. It's going to be tough going back to reading Guy Gardner with PG-13 dialog after this

    I'm glad the Martin Stein reveal has finally dropped. It was painfully obvious it was him simply because no other DCU hero aside from Batman or Superman had played any significant role.

    I'm also glad the rest of the DCU got to show up, but clearly this was to clear the decks so that Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Lois & Lex are the last ones left to deal with Manhattan, Ozimandias, Rorchach, Marionette & Mime. Hopefully, Wonder Woman won't be taken out by Black Adam's army next issue(in glorious fashion no doubt, but she deserves a bigger role than that).

    Once again, Superman is sidelined. Really wish Johns hadn't of said the story was all about Superman in the early days, because it really isn't. I understand what he was trying to say. Manhattan seems to be completely motivated by his final vision of Superman, but the story hasn't really been about him at all. If anything, it's been a Watchmen sequel guest starring Batman.

    I dunno, this was absolutely a wonderful issue, but the delays have amplified the already slow pace of the story for me. Even when big stuff happens like what occurred this issue feel less shocking to me because I've had months to see all this coming. Stein being behind the Superman Theory, Ozymandias manipulating Black Adam's army, Manhattan dispatching the entire DCU with ease.

    I hope all the various plate spinning that Johns & Franks have done in those earlier issues pays off in some big ways, otherwise this entire series is going to be a noble failure for me. I really hope they pull this off.

  12. #867
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,599

    Default

    Oh, yeah. Let's go over this one more time because I guess I wasn't clear enough the first four times I've mentioned this:

    If anyone wants to post simply to point out that an issue of Doomsday Clock has been delayed again or that the JSA/LSH aren't back yet without contributing anything more, please do that elsewhere. I believe you have your own thread for that now.

    I am trying to be pleasant and respectful about this. Please try to respect the intent of this thread. Thank you.

  13. #868
    Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Having some connective tissue to Heroes in Crisis show up finally was a great moment. "one of his victims....do you know Wally West"; that was both sad and terrifying at the same time.

  14. #869
    Amazing Member Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Had to get out of lurking just to post about this issue. I loved this issue, definitely made it worth the wait. I think the scene of all the DC heroes going to Mars to confront Dr. Manhattan was every fanboys dream. It reminded me a lot of Infinity Gauntlet where the Marvel heroes confront Thanos in space. I wonder if that was done to pay homage or just coincidence. I also enjoyed Guy Gardner in this, never thought we'd get a panel with Darkseid and Dr Manhattan together. Even if Darkseid was just a construct, it was still cool.

    Edit: I'm at work so I can't turn to the comic now. But wasn't there a page or something with the word "Crisis" on it, I think Dr. Manhattan said it. Do you think by the end of DDC this will be considered another crisis in the DC Universe?
    Last edited by Slade; 03-07-2019 at 06:22 AM.

  15. #870
    Amazing Member Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    There's a LOT to chew on in this issue. It's going to be tough going back to reading Guy Gardner with PG-13 dialog after this

    I'm glad the Martin Stein reveal has finally dropped. It was painfully obvious it was him simply because no other DCU hero aside from Batman or Superman had played any significant role.

    I'm also glad the rest of the DCU got to show up, but clearly this was to clear the decks so that Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Lois & Lex are the last ones left to deal with Manhattan, Ozimandias, Rorchach, Marionette & Mime. Hopefully, Wonder Woman won't be taken out by Black Adam's army next issue(in glorious fashion no doubt, but she deserves a bigger role than that).

    Once again, Superman is sidelined. Really wish Johns hadn't of said the story was all about Superman in the early days, because it really isn't. I understand what he was trying to say. Manhattan seems to be completely motivated by his final vision of Superman, but the story hasn't really been about him at all. If anything, it's been a Watchmen sequel guest starring Batman.

    I dunno, this was absolutely a wonderful issue, but the delays have amplified the already slow pace of the story for me. Even when big stuff happens like what occurred this issue feel less shocking to me because I've had months to see all this coming. Stein being behind the Superman Theory, Ozymandias manipulating Black Adam's army, Manhattan dispatching the entire DCU with ease.

    I hope all the various plate spinning that Johns & Franks have done in those earlier issues pays off in some big ways, otherwise this entire series is going to be a noble failure for me. I really hope they pull this off.
    Have you noticed in all of Geoff Johns events Superman is sidelined? I started reading comics with the New 52, Although that was almost 10 years ago, I still feel like a newb. But from what I remember, we had; Trinity War, where Superman was out of action because Atomica put the Kryptonite in his brain. Then Forever Evil, where Superman and most of the other heroes were trapped in the Firestorm Matrix. Darkseid War, where superman became that angry violent god of strength. Is there any other I'm forgetting?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •