Page 60 of 116 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Bored...forgive me if this is off topic....

Does Lex know Superman is Clark Kent?

If Lex knows about Wally, then does he know about Barry Allen?

Outside of Batman (and his sidekicks), how many superhero secret identities is Lex privy to?

This is as scary as Black Adam ruling a nation with an army of metahumans.
    Wasn't Lex a member of the Justice League which means he would have known who everyone is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He assumed that Jon spared her as an act of humanity, like Lori reminded him in the original Watchmen, and since Laurie wouldn't or couldn't come, that was their backup plan. Didn't work because Manhattan saw that the child they would conceive in the DCU does something important later on.

I wonder if the child is the key to saving both universes.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    There's a bunch of other stuff I liked. The selection of costumes - even Batgirl using her more armory N52 version. The rando new characters ... who is that starfish-arm guy Flash brought? Who the heck is Blue Devil's lady devil girlfriend?

That's Robby Reed, straight from House of Mystery #159. I'm guessing he shows up in the new Dial H comic and this is the result of that.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

You're all forgetting the most important question - why the heck did Manhattan rescue Jor-El from Krypton??

Clearly Jor-El is the key to all of this. He's a funnier character than we've ever had in the comics...

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    From what I recall, these are the many dangling subplots left for Doomsday Clock to wrap up in the next 3 issues

Why did Manhattan resurrect The Comedian?

What's the significance of Marionette & Mime to Ozymandias's plan?

Why did Adrian engineer the creation of a new Roashach's origin about and what was the significance of his time with Mothman?

Why was the Nathaniel Dusk actor murdered?

Why did Dr. Manhattan prevent the creation of the JSA in the first place?

Is the Superman Theory related to Dr. Manhattan plotline or, as was alluded to in this issue, is there no Big Bad, but this whole mess is the result of everyone being terrible?

Anything I missed?
    Has the whole missing years or changed universe been addressed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Has the whole missing years or changed universe been addressed yet?
    The ten years thing seems to be ten years taken from everyone, albeit possibly at different times. Obvious with the younger characters this is problematic. The latest issue implies that Alan Scott not getting the lantern made a huge butterfly effect affecting everything up to and including the Legion. And then there's the existence of Johnny Thunder and the appearance of Jay Garrick in the Button.

I'm not sure the problem has been clearly defined as depending on where you look, there seems to be a different situation affecting events.

Loved it. Looking forward to Batman's role, Superman's role and Wonder Woman taking on the joint powers of Kandaq. A chance for the Trinity to finally do something in this story.

Going to have to go back and re-read some of the past issues. I swear there are clues coming together for alot of this stuff.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The ten years thing seems to be ten years taken from everyone, albeit possibly at different times. Obvious with the younger characters this is problematic. The latest issue implies that Alan Scott not getting the lantern made a huge butterfly effect affecting everything up to and including the Legion. And then there's the existence of Johnny Thunder and the appearance of Jay Garrick in the Button.

I'm not sure the problem has been clearly defined as depending on where you look, there seems to be a different situation affecting events.
    Do we know why he took them though? Was he just f'in around?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    You're all forgetting the most important question - why the heck did Manhattan rescue Jor-El from Krypton??

Clearly Jor-El is the key to all of this. He's a funnier character than we've ever had in the comics...
    That is true and one I am hoping will be answered within the final issues in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Do we know why he took them though? Was he just f'in around?
    From what I understand, he did it as a way of seeing what would happen if he took away the emphasis of "hope" in the world, as a way of trying to prove his point that it's the wrong approach.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    Wasn't Lex a member of the Justice League which means he would have known who everyone is.

I wonder if the child is the key to saving both universes.
    Well, if i correct remember he deduced batman identity (for me it's logical that he knows that clark and super are the same person buuut comics logic,who knows)

Quote Originally Posted by reis9999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    Well, if i correct remember he deduced batman identity (for me it's logical that he knows that clark and super are the same person buuut comics logic,who knows)
    Don't know if the Justice League operated like that (with everybody knowing everybody else's identity) in the post-Flashpoint continuity.
    As for Lex knowing Clark is Superman, as people may have mentioned in the past,

from Superman #2 (February 1987).

#9. This all sounds like something Flash has been involved in all along - Time travel. The way Dr Manhattan flips between eras so rapidly tells me Flash is aware of this way back when all this started, and he’s the only one who can make head nor tail of any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You'd think that with Firestorm having such a pivotal role here, the details on his status should be correct. I'm following very few DC series currently and I'm fine with assuming stuff's off. But for someone who follows Firestorm, that's got to be frustrating. Hopefully the resolution answers these questions.
    I don’t think anyone’s important, even if they are given a highlight in a book. It’s just Dr Manhattan demonstrating something with a character. But really, Manhattan is flipping through a lot of sequences trying to find a relevance that makes sense to him. The people in this are just passing through. Manhattan is in a crazy frame of mind right now, and he’s like this super editor of the narrative in a place he doesn’t understand, the DCU. Everybody else are just the sequence Manhattan is playing with. At least that’s what I get out of it.

Manhattan has always been this vague, unaffected, being, after his accident, where he doesn’t care about clothes, other people’s dramas, and all he seems to care about is understanding what’s going on in terms he understands, which is a wholly disaffected understanding. To us, Manhattan is a baby who is playing with these toys of reality. He doesn’t take them seriously.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, I forgot about the Mr. Oz/Jor-El and Flashpoint Batman subplots. I have no clue what that's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I don’t think anyone’s important, even if they are given a highlight in a book. It’s just Dr Manhattan demonstrating something with a character. But really, Manhattan is flipping through a lot of sequences trying to find a relevance that makes sense to him. The people in this are just passing through. Manhattan is in a crazy frame of mind right now, and he’s like this super editor of the narrative in a place he doesn’t understand, the DCU. Everybody else are just the sequence Manhattan is playing with. At least that’s what I get out of it.

Manhattan has always been this vague, unaffected, being, after his accident, where he doesn’t care about clothes, other people’s dramas, and all he seems to care about is understanding what’s going on in terms he understands, which is a wholly disaffected understanding. To us, Manhattan is a baby who is playing with these toys of reality. He doesn’t take them seriously.
    There's a huge difference between what's important to Manhattan and what's important to the story. It's the reader's view that counts in the story.