Page 61 of 116 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I just noticed that there's a female blue devil huh

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about the Mr. Oz/Jor-El and Flashpoint Batman subplots. I have no clue what that's all about.
    Lots and lots of father-and-son stuff seeded in Rebirth/D-Clock revelations. I imagine that's not for nothing and that bringing back the dead/forever-lost fathers of Superman and Batman will have thematic weight when all is said and done.

Speaking of "dads" I can't wait to read Rikdad's blog post on this issue if he indeed writes one.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Speaking of "dads" I can't wait to read Rikdad's blog post on this issue if he indeed writes one.
    I would daresay that this issue may be the most detail packed issue yet. he may need a few minutes to collect his thoughts.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I would daresay that this issue may be the most detail packed issue yet. he may need a few minutes to collect his thoughts.
    We should do a wellness check on Rikdad to make sure he hasn't been overwhelmed by the newest developments.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

So did Stein turn all the people to glass deliberately ? Has he been manipulating Ronnie all along ?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    We should do a wellness check on Rikdad to make sure he hasn't been overwhelmed by the newest developments.

No pressure, Rikdad. You've only got the entire DC Forums waiting...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    #9. This all sounds like something Flash has been involved in all along - Time travel. The way Dr Manhattan flips between eras so rapidly tells me Flash is aware of this way back when all this started, and he’s the only one who can make head nor tail of any of this.
    It would be weird to suddenly introduce him with a major role in the story at this point.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    So did Stein turn all the people to glass deliberately ? Has he been manipulating Ronnie all along ?
    I get the feeling Manhattan's not showing Ronnie the whole truth, the glass thing I think that's the work of Ozymandias via Bubatis.

Have to say this issue kinda left me "meh". The whole confrontation felt really forced and contrived (and please never let Johns write dialogue for Constantine ever again). Overall, I thought this was a bit of a departure, quality wise, from some of the earlier issues.

It honestly reminded me of Secret Wars 2, with Manhattan being like the Beyonder.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Have to say this issue kinda left me "meh". The whole confrontation felt really forced and contrived (and please never let Johns write dialogue for Constantine ever again). Overall, I thought this was a bit of a departure, quality wise, from some of the earlier issues.

It honestly reminded me of Secret Wars 2, with Manhattan being like the Beyonder.
    My only nitpick is that the superheroes went after Manhattan in waves rather than all just bum-rush him at once. It was kind of like: OK, Green Lanterns first! No? They failed! All right, lets have the sorcerers give it a go! What? They failed too?! OK, let's try the atomic-based heroes...give Manhattan a taste of his own medicine!

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Lots and lots of father-and-son stuff seeded in Rebirth/D-Clock revelations. I imagine that's not for nothing and that bringing back the dead/forever-lost fathers of Superman and Batman will have thematic weight when all is said and done.

There's a huge analogy between father/son and legacy heroes here. Perhaps that's a factor.

Three more issues to go. Will everything get wrapped up in a neat little package or will the final issue contain previews of the event after this?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

considering 'crisis' is coming in the future one would think that the setup for the next event or events will be inevitably included. expect the endless to come knocking next.

BANNED

The complete trade collection comes out November

Doomsday Clock by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.

Hardcover $39.99 US DC Comics 20 oz | 12 per carton On sale Nov 26, 2019 | 416 Pages | 978-1-4012-9481-6

The critically acclaimed sequel to the best-selling Watchmen written by master storytellers Geoff Johns and Gary Frank. As the Doomsday Clock ticks toward midnight the final fate of the DC Universe lies in a confrontation between Superman and Dr. Manhattan that will result in the end of everything!
    The critically acclaimed sequel to the best-selling Watchmen written by master storytellers Geoff Johns and Gary Frank. As the Doomsday Clock ticks toward midnight the final fate of the DC Universe lies in a confrontation between Superman and Dr. Manhattan that will result in the end of everything!

The world of Watchmen collides with the DC Universe in the most shocking story in DC history! Something is amiss in the DC Universe. Following the events of DC Universe: Rebirth and Batman/The Flash: The Button, Geoff Johns (Flashpoint, Justice League, DC Universe: Rebirth) and Gary Frank (Batman: Earth One, Shazam!, DC Universe: Rebirth) reuinite to rewrite the past and future of the DC Universe in a story hailed as a masterpiece!

Seven years after the events of Watchmen, Adrian Veidt has been exposed as the murderer of millions. Now a fugitive, he has come up with a new plan to save his once-adoring world: find Dr. Manhattan. Alongside a new Rorschach and the deadly Mime and Marionette he arrives in the DC Universe and finds it on the brink of collapse. International tensions are running rampant with The Supermen Theory implicating the U.S. government in creating superhumans to maintain global dominance! But what is Dr. Manhattan doing in the DC Universe? And how is he related to the events of DC Universe: Rebirth and The Button? Our heroes will discover these answers all point to one thing. The end.

Collects issues #1-12 of the groundbreaking series
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/09/999563/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The complete trade collection comes out November
    Perhaps "is currently scheduled for November of this year" may be the safer way to put it (considering how often this series has been delayed and DC's habit of sometimes delaying/cancelling collected editions).