Page 7 of 116 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Loved the nod to Nathaniel Dusk, myself. Also, Batman has the yellow oval again.
    I don’t know who that is. Do you think those parts are important? I kinda skipped over those scenes.

BANNED

well well. this is how Bruce deals with a kid who has been traumatized by a tragedy on a mass scale. throw him in arkham and forget about him. given the **** he has dealt with he could actually have tried to keep a open mind instead of throwing him into arkham from where he could eventually escape and use his knowledge of bruces SI to cause him more hassles he needs right now. not to mention the possibility that he may out his SI to the world. Seemed a silly issue overall.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    I don’t know who that is. Do you think those parts are important? I kinda skipped over those scenes.
    There were two mini-series featuring Nathaniel Dusk in the mid 80’s (1984 and 1985). Great series for lovers of the noir genre. Not sure if it means anything, could just be an easter egg by Johns. But it is a very obscure one. Shows Johns is pulling from every corner of the DC universe for Doomsday Clock.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    well well. this is how Bruce deals with a kid who has been traumatized by a tragedy on a mass scale. throw him in arkham and forget about him. given the **** he has dealt with he could actually have tried to keep a open mind instead of throwing him into arkham from where he could eventually escape and use his knowledge of bruces SI to cause him more hassles he needs right now. not to mention the possibility that he may out his SI to the world. Seemed a silly issue overall.
    Did Bruce always intend to put this Rorschach in Arkham or was it something he concluded upon reading Korvacs Journal? Still a dick move, though...
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-24-2018 at 03:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Did Bruce always intend to put this Rorschach in Arkham or was it something he concluded upon reading Korvacs Journal? Still a dick move, though...
    I am more inclined towards the latter possibility but you never know he may have concluded he was insane due to his temerity of eating the great detectives breakfast and his habit of mumbling to himself. not to mention he was thinking the same thing about Bruce so its ironic.guess Bruce wasn't in the mood for six impossible things before breakfast.

johns is really pulling some obscure characters.Jackie Johnson is one of the more obscure members of Easy Company. The bit about Rock's death potentially being part of a conspiracy is interesting, given the old story about Rock dying from the last bullet fired in the European Theater.

I also liked the nod to Norma Desmond, though that's more League of Extraordinary Gentlemen than Watchmen...
    Last edited by Jody Garland; 01-24-2018 at 04:00 AM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The stand up comedian in the club getting bottled looks like British comedian Stewart Lee.

Always Rakzo

Man, this continue to be the best thing Johns has done in years. The battle between The Comedian and Ozymandias is something that I see pulled straight out of fanfiction in the best way possible while Johns continues to make both Mime and Marionette shine in every scene. Not only that but he also sets-up the return of the JSA in a way that complements the story while also creating an entertaining dynamic between Batman and Rorschach (although I find weird that Bruce left Rorschach in Arkham Asylum, come on, there must be better places to put him if he truly believes he's insane).

Frank is a master storyteller, the transitions between segments is wonderfully done and complement the plot perfectly. What a fantastic read.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I can't remember in which comics I read it (I think it was in the last two years, but i can be wrong), but I remember Alfred saying that it's easy to say that Bruce Wayne is Batman but damn near impossible to prove it. So, in that regard, I guess that Batman is pretty okay with putting Rorschach in Arkham.

Batman wouldn't rush to throw Rorschach in Arkham like that, unless he has a plan of some sorts. I'd be very disappointed if Bruce just wrote him off like that, he should know better and Johns should know better as well.

BANNED

Johns Batman was never the smartest tool in the shed.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Loved it, waiting two months for what comes next is annoying.

We can't judge Batman actions without knowing what is written in Kovacs's journal
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 01-24-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Loved it, waiting two months for what comes next is annoying.

We can't judge Batman actions without knowing what is written in Kovacs's journal
    But we DO know what was written in it.

We need this showdown ASAP.
    fight.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    We need this showdown ASAP.
    fight.jpg
    Marionette>Harley