Page 77 of 116 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1739

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    That's just the Metaverse correcting itself.

BANNED

what are its correcting effects?

I don't understand how getting rid of Alan Scott would cause Superman to appear decades later.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

I don't understand how getting rid of Alan Scott would cause Superman to appear decades later.
    No, It was due to Superman constantly changes of his history made Manhattan want to changing the history so he undo the entire JSA and Legion Of Super-Heroes

And the by product is the New52
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

I can't believe the significance of the story title took so long to sink in.

It didn't. Manhattan only noticed (the presumably post-Crisis) JSA suddenly have no knowledge of Superman between those two scenes of the first meeting. Removing GL and the JSA didn't change when Superman would appear, but instead ripple-effected him into the Nu52 version. (I think...)

Anyone else find it interesting that Captain Marvel wasn't mentioned? I guess he was in the Fawcett Universe's 40's...? The DCU is centered on Superman I guess.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

It didn't.

Manhattan is having trouble focusing on the DCU's timeline because of the changes caused by various events in its history. He realizes that Superman is the center of the DCU and that his history is constantly in flux because of the changes to the Metaverse. Manhattan decides to prevent the formation of the JSA to see how this further changes Superman's history.

What I'm curious about, is where did Manhattan "steal" 10 years from the DCU, because I don't believe that's been addressed yet.

A wizard did it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Anyone else find it interesting that Captain Marvel wasn't mentioned? I guess he was in the Fawcett Universe's 40's...? The DCU is centered on Superman I guess.
    Some continuity messes and enough. I think Manhattan would have ended up babbling, drooling, and talking to himself if he tried to get through the Captain Marvel/Shazam! situation.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    It didn't.

Manhattan is having trouble focusing on the DCU's timeline because of the changes caused by various events in its history. He realizes that Superman is the center of the DCU and that his history is constantly in flux because of the changes to the Metaverse. Manhattan decides to prevent the formation of the JSA to see how this further changes Superman's history.
    What I'm curious about, is where did Manhattan "steal" 10 years from the DCU, because I don't believe that's been addressed yet.[/QUOTE]

We saw one change but we don't know yet if Manhattan messed more with other events and the ten years lost were a reaction of the metaverse, like an allergic reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Some continuity messes and enough. I think Manhattan would have ended up babbling, drooling, and talking to himself if he tried to get through the Captain Marvel/Shazam! situation.
    For a guy trapped in their own immutable reality, the DCU should had been something really like put himself on drugs.

On other hand, the Adjourment frame story it make think if Johns is telling us than all this confrontation between Manhattan and Superman is not being orchestrated by Ozymandias in someway.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I have to say, while Doomsday Clock #10 gets very exposition heavy, I rather enjoyed it. Also, as I allude to in this review, there's not even an attempt by Geoff Johns at hiding just how meta this issue got. Especially as it flat-out states that the world literally revolves around Superman, or that Dr. Manhattan can better identify with the more isolated and distant New 52 Superman. Or that Wally West acts as a stand-in for the comic book reader who's resistant to editorial mandated changes.

Doomsday Clock No. 10: The world according to Dr. Manhattan
    Last edited by stillanerd; 05-31-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    What I'm curious about, is where did Manhattan "steal" 10 years from the DCU, because I don't believe that's been addressed yet.
    Maybe it'll be revealed that The main DCU wasn't supposed to "reset" after the events of flashpoint but Dr. M forced one anyway, which lead to everybody "losing" 10 years since everybody's starting point was pushed back so stuff got either condensed or flat out erased.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    . . . Or that Wally West acts as a stand-in for the comic book reader who's resistant to editorial mandated changes.
    So, are you saying that the Wally West who went all psycho in Heroes in Crisis and killed all the others in Sanctuary was really . . . we the readers?!?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Do you guy think we will get an explanation on Dr.Manhattan bringing back Jor-El? Was it even him?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Do you guy think we will get an explanation on Dr.Manhattan bringing back Jor-El? Was it even him?
    The blurb from issue 11 does say the truth behind Rebirth is revealed so I'm guessing Manhattan tried to counteract the Metaverse fighting back against his changes by meddling in other events such as saving Jor-El and turning him into Mr Oz, killing Pandora and also saving the Comedian and bringing him to the DC Universe, I hope they explain how the Button ended up in the Batcave.
    Last edited by JonaX; 05-31-2019 at 08:49 PM.